Fantasy Mock Draft Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I thought Comtois was a two way guy?
Comtois every-time I have seen him play, I was impressed with his range.
Grabner would add speed to that third line for sure, but has never been considered a two way guy.

hmmmmmm

As for my Defense - I screwed up my Yandle pick honestly, needed a pure shutdown guy, had enough firepower. Don't have many places to put him really, really hurts my balance.
At least my PP is gonna be stupid.

Hutton has good mobility and was a shutdown guy before, maybe have him with Anton, move Leddy to play with Klingberg, both guys are pretty mobile.
He's a two-way guy against soft competition. He's not ready to be a two-way guy against good competition, though.

I like Comtois. He's going to be good.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:stars

Alex Killorn Nicklas BackstromReilly Smith
Kappo KakkoNazem KadriColin White
Andrew Coglino Carl SoderbergJesper Fast
Jujhar Khaira Johan Larsson Austin Watson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Esa LindellJohn Carlson
Jakob Chychrun Tyler Myers
Ron Hainsey Nick Jensen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Robin Lehner
Matt Murray
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Cap Hit: 75.175
Cap Ceiling: 79.500
Cap Space: 4.325

Alright guys I’m done. I hope you like defencive teams. Wish my top six was a little stronger, but I’ve got plenty of offence coming from the back end and the bottom six can chip in on the score sheet as well

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
So I have completed my absolute nightmare to play against team. Just missing my back up.

Zucker-McDavid-Palmieri
Gaudreau-E. Staal-Armia
Lowry-Jenner-Ferland
Clutterbuck-Paquette-McGinn

Girard-Hjalmarsson
Heiskanen-Fabbro
Ferraro-Coburn

Khudobin
Xxx (I know who I’m taking here and no one else should pick him)
Jenner-Lowry-Ferland > Lowry is better at centre, Jenner is better as a winger (which is what he played during his 30 goal season)
McGinn-Paquette-Clutterbuck > McGinn and Clutterbuck were on wrong wings

No matter what you do, your second pairing is going to have a weak link. All of Fabbro, Ferraro and Coburn played sheltered minutes this season, and all of them lost the dangerous scoring chances battle.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I'm also not sure about a Krug-Brodie top pairing.
That's fair. Let's call Chiarot-Makar the top pairing, then--they both played against elite competition this season and came out ahead. If Chiarot can do that with Weber, then he can do that with Makar.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Finally got a wolf for that good luck, though not quite my first, or second choice I'll take him and my defence was already dirty anyways

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:sabres
Hockeynorths left side of brain: "man, last spot, how do we hit a homer..."
Hockeynorths right side: "buddy its the last round just take someone with character, people love character"
Left side: "Character... more like offence yummy, me want Rasmus Sandin"
Right side: "yeah gone, how about some positive chi and we take Sudbury Wolves Superstar Marc Staal?"
Left side: "Panda won't like that..."
Right side: "screw panda man this ones for you, spoil yourself, he can still play well enough"
Left side: "true and our defence is insane... and better than our 3LD last time we took 5 rounds earlier"

Buffalo selects: Marc Staal

@belair

Love it. I was low on cap this game so didn’t get to add any of these late round superstars like Staal, Seabrook, and Lucic

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
So final roster:

Kevin Labanc - Anze Kopitar - Brendan Gallagher
Jesper Bratt - Kevin Hayes - Cam Atkinson
Bobby Ryan - Dylan Strome - James Neal
Max Jones - Jason Spezza - Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Josh Morrissey - Seth Jones
Devon Toews - MacKenzie Weegar
Marc Staal - Stephen Johns

Corey Crawford
James Reimer

With a cap hit of: $ 72,943,690.00

I'll do a write up tomorrow because it's really late for me now and I'm logging off, but I'd love to hear peoples thoughts on this team. I'm extremely pleased with how this team came out! Seems super improved on my team from last time. Thanks for a great draft guys! Also suggestions would be really appreciated. I think I tanked my PandaScore with some of my last few picks mind you, but they're all guys I like for a change, especially L4.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Love it. I was low on cap this game so didn’t get to add any of these late round superstars like Staal, Seabrook, and Lucic
Staal can play, if he was even 2 million dollars people would like him a lot more (though league min ideally) so I'm happy with him in my 6 slot. Only 1 other guy I liked and I decided to be a homer.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
So final roster:

Kevin Labanc - Anze Kopitar - Brendan Gallagher
Jesper Bratt - Kevin Hayes - Cam Atkinson
Bobby Ryan - Dylan Strome - James Neal
Max Jones - Jason Spezza - Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Josh Morrissey - Seth Jones
Devon Toews - MacKenzie Weegar
Marc Staal - Stephen Johns

Corey Crawford
James Reimer

With a cap hit of: $ 72,943,690.00

I'll do a write up tomorrow because it's really late for me now and I'm logging off, but I'd love to hear peoples thoughts on this team. I'm extremely pleased with how this team came out! Seems super improved on my team from last time. Thanks for a great draft guys! Also suggestions would be really appreciated. I think I tanked my PandaScore with some of my last few picks mind you, but they're all guys I like for a change, especially L4.

I like the Kopitar-Gallagher connection feel like that would be instant chemistry. Not sure about Lebanc’s fit on that line. 2nd line is solid and would look hilarious on ice, two small wingers and I giant centre. 3rd line I really don’t like, sorry. Feels like they are all offence and would get eaten if they ever touch the neutral zone or defence zone. 4th line I like, but would have gone for a shut down centre considering you have three scoring lines.

1st pair is very legit would be hard to score on. 2nd pair is unproven, but solid. 3rd pair looks oddly good. Johns didn’t look out of place when playing on the 2nd pairing in Dallas so he would dominate on the 3rd pair. The goalie tandem is great considering you got both later on. You’re lucky you got ahead of the goalie run

Reactions: hockeynorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad