Fantasy Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
1257 vs 1331 (my advantage)

If you look at projected pts, I’m unsure where you see a laughable trade.

If you look at current points:
257.50 vs 294.50 (your ad)

Dubnyk is currently the 8th best player in this format.

So, maybe some of you don’t know what you are doing. Names are pretty but aren’t the point.

If you have a fair request, than make it. Otherwise, try not to complain.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
1257 vs 1331 (my advantage)

If you look at projected pts, I’m unsure where you see a laughable trade.

If you look at current points:
257.50 vs 294.50 (your ad)

Dubnyk is currently the 8th best player in this format.

So, maybe some of you don’t know what you are doing. Names are pretty but aren’t the point.

If you have a fair request, than make it. Otherwise, try not to complain.
not my argument, but I think you are doing things right for you...same with ChiHawks who looks at it differently..it is why trades rarely happen, people look at things much different than each other.

If the players weren't named Laine and Benn, and put up the same points, I am sure he would make the deal...but the same can be turned around on you and if they weren't named Laine and Benn or whoever, would you even bother making the trade offer??

If I am ChiHawks, no way I can trade away two proven stud players, likely my top 2-3 picks for your return...I get what you are offering and it is logical, but the fact is you are trying to buy low because you know those guys by the end of the year will be producing...the offer is fair for right now on points, it would be lopsided by the end of the year IMO in your favor...but that is what you need to do when you make trades, WIN THEM!

Not being a baby here, but we shouldn't blast each others trade offers, you throw shit out there and see what sticks...you never know who the GM really likes or thinks will be the better player.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
That’s my point. If you don’t like a deal, fine, counter or don’t. But it’s not great form to complain about it publicly. Especially when you offer nothing in return that I can publicly ridicule.

But even projections aren’t lopsided so I don’t see the argument in terms of this being “lopsided.”

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That’s my point. If you don’t like a deal, fine, counter or don’t. But it’s not great form to complain about it publicly. Especially when you offer nothing in return that I can publicly ridicule.

But even projections aren’t lopsided so I don’t see the argument in terms of this being “lopsided.”

Really? :laugh:

I'm not complaining. I'm laughing about it. It was a terrible offer. Toughen up if you can't take a little friendly razzing for a terrible offer, buttercup. No one was complaining. You're trying to buy low on two studs, hoping that I'll bite on an offer for a goalie who is hot... and a nobody, basically. I didn't offer anything in return because it was an awful, insulting offer. You're basing everything off projections? Those projections are based on terrible starts for both players. Again, you're trying to buy low on two studs, and I called you out on it.

You've done nothing but complain about the league this entire time, both last season, and into this season. Now you're gonna cry when I call you out for a garbage trade offer? Grow up. If this was a league with your real life friends(and not a group of anonymous people on a message board), and you threw out a garbage offer, you bet your ass all your friends will call you on it, and give you a hard time about it.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

I'm not complaining. I'm laughing about it. It was a terrible offer. Toughen up if you can't take a little friendly razzing for a terrible offer, buttercup. No one was complaining. You're trying to buy low on two studs, hoping that I'll bite on an offer for a goalie who is hot... and a nobody, basically.

Why no counter offers though? He makes a great point.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I'm not complaining. I'm laughing about it. It was a terrible offer. Toughen up if you can't take a little friendly razzing for a terrible offer, buttercup. No one was complaining. You're trying to buy low on two studs, hoping that I'll bite on an offer for a goalie who is hot... and a nobody, basically. I didn't offer anything in return because it was an awful, insulting offer. You're basing everything off projections? Those projections are based on terrible starts for both players. Again, you're trying to buy low on two studs, and I called you out on it.

You've done nothing but complain about the league this entire time, both last season, and into this season. Now you're gonna cry when I call you out for a garbage trade offer? Grow up. If this was a league with your real life friends(and not a group of anonymous people on a message board), and you threw out a garbage offer, you bet your ass all your friends will call you on it, and give you a hard time about it.
tumblr_pi75h66IOK1xkok61o2_r1_400.gif

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Fill out your trade blocks? Willing to trade player X for position Y. I think I would make trades if I knew half of the people were looking to trade a specific player.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Maybe it’s not insulting if you actually look at the numbers, but maybe that’s why you are in last.

:laugh:

There you go! Don't cry about having your trade ripped, fire shots back across the bow. That's the spirit!

:clap:

My team sucks, you don't have to tell me. :thumbu:

As far as the numbers... well, I don't really base anything I do in fantasy sports off the "projected" stats they give. Probably the worst possible thing you could do, IMO. The projected numbers are a joke, almost always.

Your trade was light. You wanted two studs for a top 15 goalie, and a top... 200 forward? Just because they're not producing amazing numbers now, doesn't mean they won't produce back at their normal clip later on. We're not even a quarter of the way through the season.

You want two studs, offer a top 5 goalie and a top 100 forward. Not what you offered. I'd give you one of them, your choice, for Huberdeau and Dubnyk. Nothing more.

Benn is ranked 59 right now. Laine has been cold, and is still ranked 115. It was a trash offer, and you know it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings for calling it what it was. ;)

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
:laugh:

There you go! Don't cry about having your trade ripped, fire shots back across the bow. That's the spirit!

:clap:

My team sucks, you don't have to tell me. :thumbu:

As far as the numbers... well, I don't really base anything I do in fantasy sports off the "projected" stats they give. Probably the worst possible thing you could do, IMO. The projected numbers are a joke, almost always.

Your trade was light. You wanted two studs for a top 15 goalie, and a top... 200 forward? Just because they're not producing amazing numbers now, doesn't mean they won't produce back at their normal clip later on. We're not even a quarter of the way through the season.

You want two studs, offer a top 5 goalie and a top 100 forward. Not what you offered. I'd give you one of them, your choice, for Huberdeau and Dubnyk. Nothing more.

Benn is ranked 59 right now. Laine has been cold, and is still ranked 115. It was a trash offer, and you know it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings for calling it what it was. ;)

I will offer you Cam Fowler for Laine. Do you accept? Fowler has more points to date. PM me if you accept so I can pick fowler back up, I dropped him yesterday.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Who has Vasilevskiy?

He had a broken foot and will be out “a while.”

Don’t worry, I already picked his backup up so you don’t have to bother trying to see if you still can.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Guys dropping like flies. Arvidsson and Subban on IR for Preds. Fowler in Anaheim. Haula in Vegas. Klingberg, Vasilevskiy, Matthews has been, McAvoy has been, Ladd just went out... so many guys out or going out.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Guys dropping like flies. Arvidsson and Subban on IR for Preds. Fowler in Anaheim. Haula in Vegas. Klingberg, Vasilevskiy, Matthews has been, McAvoy has been, Ladd just went out... so many guys out or going out.

It’s definitely a war of attrition in fantasy hockey. I’ve been pretty lucky so far. Although I do have Mr. Day to Day Tomas Hurtl on my squad who has been day to day pretty much all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->