GDT: Fantasy Hockey 2013-14: All Leagues Info

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hey, I've been away from the site for a while but would be interested in joining league B if there are any slots still going.

Added you to the alternates for now. If the two from last season who haven't signed up don't confirm their spots by Monday @noon then they will forfeit their spot and you would get one of them. Please PM me your email please. Beezer

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
I think we are good the way we are because it sucks when you 6th dman is someone like Steve Montador(Like I had one year). The way we have it set up people who get lucky with those hidden gems like you said don't necessarily win. The team that drafts the best throughout the drive has the best chance. It's more of a level playing field right now. But if the majority of you prefer that, we can change it. I just think no one should have an unfair advantage and anyone having a chance to win each week would be best.

After reading through the thread, its seems like most agree with me on more players added. Please, its so boring with everyone just having top6 players all over the line. It requires no skill, we could just aswell let yahoo just draft the whole draft for us.

I think you should reconsider. I know you created the league, but I think we should listen to the majority.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
After reading through the thread, its seems like most agree with me on more players added. Please, its so boring with everyone just having top6 players all over the line. It requires no skill, we could just aswell let yahoo just draft the whole draft for us.

I think you should reconsider. I know you created the league, but I think we should listen to the majority.

Maybe a poll is in order? Something like the number of spots and what position Y/N.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida

Maybe a poll is in order? Something like the number of spots and what position Y/N.

I'm not opposed to adding 2 additional bench spots. My problem with adding starting positions is I feel that people will just place their best players to start and not be active the whole season which has happened to me in past leagues. If there are less starting positions an owner has to be active or he will not have a chance at a successful season.

Can a mod add the poll below to the thread please???

1- Add 2 additional bench spots.

2- Add 4 additional bench spots.

3- Add 2 additional bench spots & 1 additional F starting spot

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
I'm not opposed to adding 2 additional bench spots. My problem with adding starting positions is I feel that people will just place their best players to start and not be active the whole season which has happened to me in past leagues. If there are less starting positions an owner has to be active or he will not have a chance at a successful season.

3- Add 2 additional bench spots & 1 additional F starting spot

I'm not talking bench-spots. I'm talking more active C, LW, RWs. 3 of each instead of two..

Last year was boring because it was nothing to do, and required no skill. I'm hoping we can change this, or I'm considering not playing.. because i dont really see the fun in the way we are playing now..

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I'm not talking bench-spots. I'm talking more active C, LW, RWs. 3 of each instead of two..

Last year was boring because it was nothing to do, and required no skill. I'm hoping we can change this, or I'm considering not playing.. because i dont really see the fun in the way we are playing now..

I understand that and will put it to a vote. If we get enough votes in favor of it I'll make the change but if I find that owners are just playing their best players all week without making changes instead of being active then next season we will revert back.

The more starting positions available the less active an owner has to be imo which is why I'm not in favor of the change but let's vote.

3- Add 2 additional bench spots & 1 additional F starting spot.

4- Add 2 additional bench spots & 2 additional F starting spots.

5- Add 3 additional starting spots. C, RW & LW.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Ok, kulikov's Kings has signed up so only one spot remaining in League B. If Millers beer league doesn't sign up by tomorrow(Monday) at noon then he will forfeit his spot to Panthers are Red.

dbhislife

Jun 27, 2007
Updated. If your going to change your name make sure you do it in both places and if you are going to wait until later make sure you PM me so I can find you for future sign ups.

oh I probably won't lol. I've built a bit of a reputation as the quant geek of the boards... no use having to restart it all again

Panthers are Red

Why so sad?
Jun 27, 2011
By my computer
Ok, kulikov's Kings has signed up so only one spot remaining in League B. If Millers beer league doesn't sign up by tomorrow(Monday) at noon then he will forfeit his spot to Panthers are Red.

Thanks for the invite. I've signed up and set my team name to Panthers are Red. Looking forward to this, going to have to find some time to prep.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Leagues are both set now. once voting is done on poll(we'll keep it open until Monday) then we'll change settings before drafting.

10 days left until draft day so mark your calenders!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I'll trade em to ya for your 1st & 2nd rd picks....:sarcasm:

Sedin brothers here I come. :D

Done!~

(no offense beezer) same goes to all, my 1st n 2nd rounders, anyone ya want...

Hey when do we find out what order are we picking?

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
ok, I have gone ahead and changed C, RW, & LW to 3 positions each in league A and have PMed kittysgotclaws to do the same in League B. Just remember to stay active guys. If I find managers are not staying active and not making changes we will revert back to 2 of each position next season.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Also, just a reminder that the draft is this Sunday @1pm

Kittysgotclaws, can you make sure League B has the same da and time for the draft. I think JP set it up before leaving league but just wanted to make sure your league is set to draft.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Also, just a reminder that the draft is this Sunday @1pm

Kittysgotclaws, can you make sure League B has the same da and time for the draft. I think JP set it up before leaving league but just wanted to make sure your league is set to draft.

I set it for the same day at 3pm EST.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad