Not open for further replies.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
All these tidbits are “no shit sherlock”

Boeser accepting QO? Nss

Rutherford listening to offers on Miller? Nss

Seems like Miller and the Nucks are far apart in negotiations? Nss

I get it’s slow due to the time of year, but Jesus f***. Do your job and get something of actual value as a journalist and not something any poster of HB could have done.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
All these tidbits are “no shit sherlock”

Boeser accepting QO? Nss

Rutherford listening to offers on Miller? Nss

Seems like Miller and the Nucks are far apart in negotiations? Nss

I get it’s slow due to the time of year, but Jesus f***. Do your job and get something of actual value as a journalist and not something any poster of HB could have done.
Billy likes to drink soda. Miss Lippys car is green

Reactions: Vector

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yyuupp. Roy and Kolesar have probably priced themselves out of the team’s future just by being good and RFAs. Even if they trade Karlsson, I’m not sure how they’d be able to retain them.
The Weber trade does leave them in a decent spot to retain everyone of moderate importance. They'll just need to send Martinez to Arizona, swap Brossoit with Thompson, and really grind down the RFAs.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm sure he said something to that effect about Motte too and we saw how that played out.

Exactly.

Unlike in the past, these guys are not blundering morons with no filter eroding their bargaining positions both with agents and other GMs by blurting out their exact plans and telegraphing exactly what they're going to do, cost be damned.

Everything they say is measured to keep all of their options open and not weaken their position or lock themselves in a weak position. Which is great, although it also means that most of what they say is essentially meaningless.

We've just got so used to Dim Jim that we're trying to read into everything they're saying when you can't.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I'm sure he said something to that effect about Motte too and we saw how that played out.
If he did ..I’d like to see it..I recall no such thing,and the fact he was dispatched for a paltry 4th spells that out..

………

Rutherford on Miller : I believe JT wants to stay in VAN and I know the Canucks want to re-sign him but it has to be at the right term. Both sides at some point in the next month or 2 will have a better idea on where we sit.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I don't know why we would target Kadri in free agency. I think he's a prime candidate to get as much / more hit and term than Miller does given his big playoffs he's just had, but I also think he's a big candidate to go full Loui Eriksson/Andrew Ladd on this next contract. He's already 31.

If the Canucks are hell bent on big game fishing in free agency, Filip Forsberg is who I would chase.

Reactions: sting101

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't know why we would target Kadri in free agency. I think he's a prime candidate to get as much / more hit and term than Miller does given his big playoffs he's just had, but I also think he's a big candidate to go full Loui Eriksson/Andrew Ladd on this next contract. He's already 31.

If the Canucks are hell bent on big game fishing in free agency, Filip Forsberg is who I would chase.

There's no way they're going the responsible route on not overpaying JT Miller at age 29 and then blowing their wad on Nazim Kadri at age 32.

I'd lay some pretty good money on Forsberg to LA.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Exactly.

Unlike in the past, these guys are not blundering morons with no filter eroding their bargaining positions both with agents and other GMs by blurting out their exact plans and telegraphing exactly what they're going to do, cost be damned.

Everything they say is measured to keep all of their options open and not weaken their position or lock themselves in a weak position. Which is great, although it also means that most of what they say is essentially meaningless.

We've just got so used to Dim Jim that we're trying to read into everything they're saying when you can't.
Seems there are still a lot of fans (on a site not to be mentioned) who blame Gillis for Benning’s crappy 8 years. If we go back to the Gillis years we were actually a well thought of destination for players, and a success on and off the ice. Then the Benning era. Now JR and his people are reviving what Gillis built. We won the Kuzmenko sweepstakes. We are hiring quality people. Thank God Benning’s era is over.

Reactions: M2Beezy

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Pretty much the trade watch begins the moment the Stanley Cup is awarded.

Just like housing—some parties will make their big offer early and try to make a deal before a bidding war can begin.

Reactions: Lindgren and Vector

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Seems there are still a lot of fans (on a site not to be mentioned) who blame Gillis for Benning’s crappy 8 years. If we go back to the Gillis years we were actually a well thought of destination for players, and a success on and off the ice. Then the Benning era. Now JR and his people are reviving what Gillis built. We won the Kuzmenko sweepstakes. We are hiring quality people. Thank God Benning’s era is over.

Gillis and Benning be damned, I'm more sour how the same person let the organization go from being the class of the league to a laughing stock.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Am I crazy to not be really interested in trading a player with top 6 potential for a 3rd line center?
Potential is a dangerous word. Roy has produced over the course of the last 16 months and has more value then just his point total. Hoglander is the exact opposite, he needs to put up points otherwise he doesnt have much value. We dont have room for Hoglander to play PP1 minutes and he doesnt have the defensive prowless to bring more to the team then his point total indicates.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Fantasy Trade Time

Car
JT Miller

Van
Necas
2023 1st
Skeji
==============================
CBJ
Rathbone

Van
Peeke
2022 3rd
==============================
Toronto
Hoglander

Van
Lilligren
=============================

Sign Nino

Pearson Petersson Boeser
Nino Horvat Garland
Kuz Necas Podz

Hughes Peeke
OEL Myers
Skeji Lilligren

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I don’t think any of those trades are good. The Rathbone for Peeke + is something Columbus would never do. Just because he’s the Canucks top prospect doesn’t necessarily mean he’s actually worth much.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
If Nashville loses Forsberg I can see (hope) them being interested in Boeser.

IMO this offseason is the time to trade Miller and Boeser.

2 priority:

1. right side dman
2. someone elite who can play with Petey

everything else is secondary.

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
If Nashville loses Forsberg I can see (hope) them being interested in Boeser.

IMO this offseason is the time to trade Miller and Boeser.

2 priority:

1. right side dman
2. someone elite who can play with Petey

everything else is secondary.
its not the time to trade boeser. you try to sign him to a 2-3 yr deal thats a bit friendlier, then hope he significantly rebounds after his rough year.
if he does its increased assets, if not its similar to his value now.

miller 100% you trade him, value never been higher.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
its not the time to trade boeser. you try to sign him to a 2-3 yr deal thats a bit friendlier, then hope he significantly rebounds after his rough year.
if he does its increased assets, if not its similar to his value now.

miller 100% you trade him, value never been higher.

Your reasoning for keeping Boeser is the same reasoning for trading him. As of now it is possible other teams will see him as a guy young enough to bounce back and will pay assets on that basis. In a couple years, maybe not.

Reactions: Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad