Speculation: Fantasy GM Thread | Post-The Purge Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Even Jim Benning wouldn't do these trades.

Jesus.
Just a compilation of some of the ideas being stretched out for.

It takes two to trade but sometimes there can be "an offer that can't be refused"

Dubois has essentially declared he is not going to stay in the Peg so for them to trade him now could be beneficial if they get back a young player like Boeser.

Vegas HAS to trade to get under the cap, in teh past they would have called Vancouver and offered up a player they didn't want for a late pick, not now though.

Ferland and Poolman (not likely to ever play again) offers them more LTIR space to get closer along with Weber. This time the Canucks can ask/demand a particular player. Roy and Hague. They can't afford to sign them anyway so adding in Burroughs, a guy under contract for league minimum might push the deal.

Last edited:

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Reilly Smith is the sort of 31 y/o 50-point guy you walk the hell away from as a UFA and replace internally. That’s a huge mistake by Vegas if reports are correct.
Right? I don’t get this at all… a cap strapped team with a perfect opportunity to free themselves of this level player/contract.

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
Smith would be mental to resign there after how they’ve treated players anyways. Take a little less for some trade protection maybe, but he’d already have to take less just to stay.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Reilly Smith is the sort of 31 y/o 50-point guy you walk the hell away from as a UFA and replace internally. That’s a huge mistake by Vegas if reports are correct.
except hes part of their misfit line with marchessault and karlsson, their best line.

If they let that go, they might as well start over.

already lost tuch, and reaves and Pietrangelo is getting old.

Once they did Eichel trade, knew they would likely not be a contender anymore.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021

TBF, dim did something similar with Pearson who is even more washed up than Reilly and a lot of dim fans supported it. And we aren’t even contenders like Vegas is/was.

Vegas is all in too deep to start doing things in moderation now. It’s balls to the walls and nothing internally until they have to rebuild.

We are in a similar situation unfortunately. In too deep to retool but we are trying anyways. Sigh. I hope Alvin is faking and we rebuild instead.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Hoglander for Roy straight up makes sense to me. Vegas gets a good player on a ELC who probably has the same value as a high 2nd round pick. We get a RH 3C who may cost more $ but is a more established player

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
TBF, dim did something similar with Pearson who is even more washed up than Reilly and a lot of dim fans supported it. And we aren’t even contenders like Vegas is/was.

Vegas is all in too deep to start doing things in moderation now. It’s balls to the walls and nothing internally until they have to rebuild.

We are in a similar situation unfortunately. In too deep to retool but we are trying anyways. Sigh. I hope Alvin is faking and we rebuild instead.
TBF? Because Jim Benning made bad signings Vegas gets a pass? Grow up lol. Signing Reilly for that $ is a huge mistake

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Hoglander for Roy straight up makes sense to me. Vegas gets a good player on a ELC who probably has the same value as a high 2nd round pick. We get a RH 3C who may cost more $ but is a more established player
I’d do it. We’d need to unload Dickinson but this is a Hog trade I’d probably approve of

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I don't hate that idea.

I also have a sense that the current management really soured on Hoglander. I would not be shocked if he is packaged away in something this off-season.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Am I crazy to not be really interested in trading a player with top 6 potential for a 3rd line center?
Depends on the 3rd line centre… I mean with kuz we now have a bit more “top 6” wing depth. I don’t feel good about running with Dickinson or lammi as our 3C.

This is assuming miller could be moved too.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Am I crazy to not be really interested in trading a player with top 6 potential for a 3rd line center?
a 3C in a vacuum might not be as valuable as a top 6 W, although I would argue they are pretty close. But in our situation, we need to lose in areas we are strong to gain in areas we are woefully deficient. A center that can handle high leverage minutes and still produce some offense is way more important for team success than someone we can slot in alongside EP or BH.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

The best part of this is that when any media from back east reports on the Canucks it forces our local media to either try and refute it (usually Dhaliwal) or dig deeper.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad