Fantasy GM Thread | Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Not sure Anaheim has any need for Myers. They’ve already got Shattenkirk and Manson on the right side and Hakanpaa by all accounts has looked better than both. Then they have top prospect Jamie Drysdale likely earning a spot in the near future. Nice thought but I don’t see a fit there.

They are almost certainly losing one of Shattenkirk or Manson in the expansion draft.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
with gaudette unable to add weight this year it is an interesting gamble for the canucks whether they give him another year to do that or move on now. right now he is shaping up as a classic top 6 or bust player who cannot quite make the top 6 but cannot manage bottom 6 minutes, but maybe that was this medical thing. meanwhile, he is just getting tossed around out there and the very limited minutes a line he centres can carry is wearing on the whole team.

i think they move him if they can and try and pick up a younger sutter coming back. he might do well in a place like chicago or pittsburgh that is always looking for a cheap top 6 guy. i will bet burke likes him.

Reactions: Dab and HockeyWooot

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
with gaudette unable to add weight this year it is an interesting gamble for the canucks whether they give him another year to do that or move on now. right now he is shaping up as a classic top 6 or bust player who cannot quite make the top 6 but cannot manage bottom 6 minutes, but maybe that was this medical thing. meanwhile, he is just getting tossed around out there and the very limited minutes a line he centres can carry is wearing on the whole team.

i think they move him if they can and try and pick up a younger sutter coming back. he might do well in a place like chicago or pittsburgh that is always looking for a cheap top 6 guy. i will bet burke likes him.
Why would Burke like him?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Why because he kicked his wife in the face? He seems pretty dull to me. And soft which Burke hates

to me he's not soft he's skinny. he was getting crushed and tossed around last night trying to make stuff happen.

as for dull, i have no idea what you are talking about.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Gaudette has to provide offence to be effective and he hasn't been producing at all, but at least he's noticeable in the offensive zone and should eventually break out of this slump. He'll be a cheap re-sign, too.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We had the current Nashville GM’s dad as our GM years ago, didn’t we? If Poile gets fired from his job there, would he be a good hire here? Maybe bring him in as the President and he hires a GM?
Fantasy land?

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
would be producing if he wasn't playing with 2 flat tires,in Roussel and Sutter..

The problem with that line and in general the bottom 6 is the complete lack of playmakers or guys who can hold onto the puck to make a play. Like has Roussel had the puck on his stick in the offensive zone? I don't think so. The Kesler comparison is pretty bad, but works in one way as Guadette's tunnel vision matches how Canucks fans thought of Keslers playmaking ability. Kesler was never that bad.

Granted Gaudete should definitely have 2-3 more goals and I think amazingly all of Sutter's goals have been unassisted

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
would be producing if he wasn't playing with 2 flat tires,in Roussel and Sutter..
upload_2021-2-23_10-22-56.png

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
At this point the smart move would be to keep burying Gaudette like they have, sign him to a cheap deal with term this off-season, then ride him as a scoring winger for the next 2-3 years.

I mean it's what they should have done last off-season.. but better late than never.

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
Brandon Montour is available from Sabres, wonder what the ask is. He's someone we should be all over

Cap doesn’t quite balance out 1 for 1 but something like this maybe

JV (2.5M)
Benn (2M)

Montour (3.8M)
Rieder (700K)

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Adam Pelech is becoming an RFA I believe.l this offseason. If the Isles can’t afford to keep him is he a potential target to partner with Hughes?

Reactions: Nucker101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad