F Seth Jarvis - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (2020, 13th, CAR)

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
To those who know more:

What are the chances he's gonna play in the NHL as a center or do you see him more as a winger at the top level?
Not likely a centre. Has been a winger since coming to the WHL. Play driver for sure but I see him as a much better player on the wing.

Reactions: Scoresberg

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Ehlers is one of the most puzzling players in the NHL and the biggest puck hog too

I agree he’s a mystery in most days but I don’t agree he’s a hog. I don’t think he wants to keep the puck that much, but he just doesn’t have the vision or maybe decisiveness to unload at the right moment, being it a pass or shot.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This kid is going to be a star. Wish the leafs could have nabbed him but I'm glad he is going to such a good organization like the canes.
This kid is going to be really good. He is great with the puck on his stick.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If the Canes hadn't taken Jarvis, there is zero chance he would have made it past Edmonton.

Lots of fanbases are jealous of you jerks. Jarvis will become a great player.

The speculation all day was that the Oilers were taking Dylan Holloway. Perhaps Jarvis sways that though.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
The speculation all day was that the Oilers were taking Dylan Holloway. Perhaps Jarvis sways that though.
Bob Stauffer, the Oilers most reliable insider, said that Jarvis was our number one target if he fell. Holloway seemed like the backup plan.

I actually feel like the Oilers and Leafs went in similar directions with their picks. Both were probably hoping Jarvis would fall, and when he didn't, they ended up going with a safer route selecting two-way forwards with high floors in Holloway and Amirov. Considering both teams already have all the high-end talent in the world, I think that was a wise decision.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Jarvis is likely to be playing with someone like Aho, Teravainen, Svechnikov, or Necas on his line when he makes the league. A player with his ability on a line with guys like that could make for some long nights in the Metro going forward.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think EDM is fine with Holloway falling to them instead of Jarvis, Mercer is going to be a player, Amirov and Guhle looked vg at the WJC's. They are all significantly bigger and stronger than Jarvis.

You could say that all of them have higher floors than Jarvis, but CAR is gambling on Jarvis's skill being able to translate to the NHL.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think EDM is fine with Holloway falling to them instead of Jarvis, Mercer is going to be a player, Amirov and Guhle looked vg at the WJC's. They are all significantly bigger and stronger than Jarvis.

You could say that all of them have higher floors than Jarvis, but CAR is gambling on Jarvis's skill being able to translate to the NHL.

I see Holloway been carried by Caufield thou. Not super impressed with him yet.
(goals, points wisely carried, i don't see those stats translate to the NHL, yet)

Reactions: MatthewFlames

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I see Holloway been carried by Caufield thou. Not super impressed with him yet.
(goals, points wisely carried, i don't see those stats translate to the NHL, yet)
You're kidding, right?

Holloway is almost the very definition of a player can do it all by himself, whereas Caufield NEEDS to have others around to feed him, and has a very limited skillset. Do you even watch WI games? Holloway has an all round two way game, while Caufield doesn't even pretend to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruhin

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
You're kidding, right?

Holloway is almost the very definition of a player can do it all by himself, whereas Caufield NEEDS to have others around to feed him, and has a very limited skillset. Do you even watch WI games? Holloway has an all round two way game, while Caufield doesn't even pretend to.

Might want to take that discussion in the Holloway thread.

Reactions: Draiskull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad