F Seth Jarvis - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (2020, 13th, CAR)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Regardless of him playing with some top talents - what he is doing is remarkable. He's not some weak link on a top line either - he's an all-action 200' player. His counting starts are terrific for a teenage rookie. His advanced metrics are even better and line up with his strengths as a prospect. We all saw last year at age 18 how quickly he adapted to the AHL so in retrospect this is not surprising at all. He's even better in the pros than juniors despite what would seem like a size disadvantage.

gel5lXW.png

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He's even better in the pros than juniors despite what would seem like a size disadvantage.

Jarvis struck me as in that Marner mold where he was quick enough that no one could touch him. Size doesn't matter if there is no contact. It's the guys that can't get away from pressure that need to be bigger.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Scares me that I gotta deal with the canes in division still. Guys like Jarvis are why they always will be a contender

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Size doesn’t matter when you’re fearless and have adequate skating and high compete

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Jarvis struck me as in that Marner mold where he was quick enough that no one could touch him. Size doesn't matter if there is no contact. It's the guys that can't get away from pressure that need to be bigger.
Thing is he doesn't shy away from contact at all. He'll actively go to the net. He finishes checks. Just a very good all around hockey player.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
He definitely hit a rookie wall. I don't think his body was ready for the rigors of the 82 game schedule. Who can blame him? He's a small young man. He has all the skill in the world but he's undersized. He's learning to "pick his spots" better and the couple games he had off either motivated him or gave him some needed rest. I definitely think he is a top line quality player in a few years. To me he's long-term going to be more important to the team than Necas. In terms of forwards priority it is looking like Aho/Svech are nearly tied and then Jarvis comes next, followed by Necas and then Kotkaniemi. Long term. Of course someone like Troceck is better right now than some of these guys, but he's probably gone.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He definitely hit a rookie wall. I don't think his body was ready for the rigors of the 82 game schedule. Who can blame him? He's a small young man. He has all the skill in the world but he's undersized. He's learning to "pick his spots" better and the couple games he had off either motivated him or gave him some needed rest. I definitely think he is a top line quality player in a few years. To me he's long-term going to be more important to the team than Necas. In terms of forwards priority it is looking like Aho/Svech are nearly tied and then Jarvis comes next, followed by Necas and then Kotkaniemi. Long term. Of course someone like Troceck is better right now than some of these guys, but he's probably gone.

After few games in the pressbox (where I thought Brindy also said he was nursing something),, he has 4G, 6P in his last 5 games.

So can we say he's broken through the wall?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The goal was a fantastic play by him, starting the rush, forcing the defenseman to pressure him, making the pass, moving to open space and then redirecting the puck in out of mid air.
Can you do that thing where you post the goal off the social media thing? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad