F Seth Jarvis - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (2020, 13th, CAR)

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Curious if anyone has seen him play. Really liked him in minor hockey, now he's hitting his stride in junior with 8 points in 11 games to start his 16 year old season.

Seth Jarvis at eliteprospects.com

27984.jpg

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
I'm really optimistic about him and think he could be a first rounder next year, but I am biased being a Winterhawk fan. He really impressed me last year in his call-up by not being out of place despite being 15 years old. As a 16 year old he's being relied upon in a top 6 role here and shined internationally in the U17s. I also like that he gets a full year of mentorship from Glass and Blichfeld when it was possible neither would be here this season and he'd have to learn to be "the guy" in the WHL too early and alone.

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Drew a penalty shot tonight in OT and won the game for Portland. Despite being one of the smaller players on the ice, he fights hard to get to the net and fights for position screening the goalie. You see flashes of what he can do with the puck, just needs more time to develop. Really excited to see him be "the man" next year.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Drew a penalty shot tonight in OT and won the game for Portland. Despite being one of the smaller players on the ice, he fights hard to get to the net and fights for position screening the goalie. You see flashes of what he can do with the puck, just needs more time to develop. Really excited to see him be "the man" next year.

Dude's already the man imo

Reactions: canucklax

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Watching the games against Red Deer and Seattle this weekend, Seth showed he is very dangerous with the puck, very much a prototypical small dangler player. He looks to shoot much more often than pass when he is making these moves, I'd personally like to see him use his linemates more and add more playmaking ability to balance out his skillset. He is a very willing and able forechecker and shows a high work rate to fight to get the puck back for his team.

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Rated a B level skater by NHL central scouting's preliminary ranking. Would be a steal if he falls past the 30-45 range. Has 1+4 in 5 games so far

Reactions: Dominance

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Really heating up as Portland is on a hot streak recently. Has 7 points (4+3) in his last 2 games for 43 points in 35 games this season.

Reactions: Dominance

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
On an absolutely dominant run of late. Elite skater who has an impressive top speed that he can reach within a couple of steps. Plays way bigger than his size and excels at fighting his way through checks, he is extremely difficult to knock off stride and is constantly looking to drive the net and attack off the rush. He can think the game fast enough to keep up with his skating and has a good offensive toolkit with an accurate shot and the ability to make passes through defenders. Good but not elite hands as he beats defenders more with his explosiveness than stickhandling. Jarvis is an extremely fun player to watch because he is relentless and always looking to make something happen. This season he has really asserted himself as the best forward on a very deep Portland team, and has been forcing his way into first round consideration for me.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Still not even a second page to his thread? The lack of attention is just criminal at this point. Jarvis is now scoring at a 1.5 P/G pace as the clear top offensive weapon on a well balanced but certainly not star-studded Portland team, while looking to have only greatly built on his good skating and two-way play. Looking historically, that kind of WHL performance makes a player of his ilk a top-10 pick.

Definitely going to be tuning in closely over the rest of the season. Don’t be surprised if he ends up displacing some very prominent names come June.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
It's close between him, Wiesblatt and Sourdif for 6th best player out of the whl this year for me with Zary, Schneider, Guhle, Neighbours and Greig ahead.

Ghost Town

Feb 25, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
And with 2 goals and an assist through only the first period tonight, he is up to 62 pts. Passing Zary for most in the whl as draft eligible players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad