F Nicholas Robertson - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2019, 53rd, TOR)

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
He had a good showing in the traverse city prospects tournament game last night I hear. Haven’t had a chance to watch, but he had 2 goals, a fight and heard he was buzzing all night after a shakey start. Seems to be consistently standing out. Looking forward to seeing him in Leafs camp.

He played great after a shakey start. I don't remember him being in a fight though?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
He played great after a shakey start. I don't remember him being in a fight though?

Thought I caught in another thread that he dropped the mitts at one point. I’ll need to just watch I think :laugh: Just wanted to bump to collect more thoughts on the game.

I wouldn't call it a fight. He got tangled up with a player and they were jawing back and forth. The Blues player eventually jumped him and got a 4 minute penalty.

Reactions: BoredBrandonPridham

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
He and the St Louis player (can't remember who) got into a scuffle, but Robertson didn't drop the gloves. Not sure if the Blues player dropped his, but he got a penalty and Robertson didn't.

I missed the first period (and the turnover) but I thought he looked very dangerous all night. Composed with the puck on his stick and very aggressive with trying to take it to the net. Both of his goals were on excellent shots and did quite well for himself at making space to receive passes when he didn't have the puck.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I wouldn't call it a fight. He got tangled up with a player and they were jawing back and forth. The Blues player eventually jumped him and got a 4 minute penalty.

He and the St Louis player (can't remember who) got into a scuffle, but Robertson didn't drop the gloves. Not sure if the Blues player dropped his, but he got a penalty and Robertson didn't.

I missed the first period (and the turnover) but I thought he looked very dangerous all night. Composed with the puck on his stick and very aggressive with trying to take it to the net. Both of his goals were on excellent shots and did quite well for himself at making space to receive passes when he didn't have the puck.

Thanks for the clarification about the altercation. With Kadri gone would be good to get another skilled agitator on the roster at some point.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Kid is gonna be a stud. Great value pick and opportunity to move up the LW depth chart very quick.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
One Canes poster convinced us that Robertson should be our 1st round pick before the draft occured. When the Canes didn't select him with either of their 2nd round picks, there was some disappointment at that, even though most of us had no idea about the guy, but that poster made a convincing argument.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
One Canes poster convinced us that Robertson should be our 1st round pick before the draft occured. When the Canes didn't select him with either of their 2nd round picks, there was some disappointment at that, even though most of us had no idea about the guy, but that poster made a convincing argument.
@Kevin Musto - sounds like us on the Hawks board begging for Bowman to get him with our 2nd rounder lol..

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Some people need to pump the breaks a bit on this kid, his post draft season hasn’t even started yet. That said I think he looks like a solid prospect with tons of potential. Definately one to keep an eye on.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Some people need to pump the breaks a bit on this kid, his post draft season hasn’t even started yet. That said I think he looks like a solid prospect with tons of potential. Definately one to keep an eye on.

Nah, until the NHL season starts, that's all we have to do is talk about how wonderful all the prospects will be, arguing over trades and making mock line-ups. :sarcasm:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Since he's been drafed, he represented the US and the Leafs well at a couple of smaller informal tournaments. Certainly won't complain, he'll have a lot of eyes this season now :)

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I was drafting for the Devils in the Oiler board's mock, I had both Rees and Robertson on the table and I went with Robertson. Love how he plays the game. High motor, high energy, good skill.
those were the exact two names we wanted as well..happy with Vlasic as a shutdown dman...but Rees and Robertson just check way too many boxes to not like.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

He was the first pick by the Leafs in 2019... he's always going to get more attention than most other second rounders.

Since being drafted, he's performed very well.

Top US Goal scorer at Hlinka, 4 goals, and 1 assist in 5 games. 5 points (4 more goals) in three games with Leafs at Prospect tourney, leading the squad in scoring.

He's outperformed expectations...

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
He was the first pick by the Leafs in 2019... he's always going to get more attention than most other second rounders.

Since being drafted, he's performed very well.

Top US Goal scorer at Hlinka, 4 goals, and 1 assist in 5 games. 5 points (4 more goals) in three games with Leafs at Prospect tourney, leading the squad in scoring.

He's outperformed expectations...

And still only 17. He has sky high potential. No one would be shocked to see him become an impact top 6 forward in the mold of Gallagher

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

@Kevin Musto - sounds like us on the Hawks board begging for Bowman to get him with our 2nd rounder lol..

I was drafting for the Devils in the Oiler board's mock, I had both Rees and Robertson on the table and I went with Robertson. Love how he plays the game. High motor, high energy, good skill.

Posted pre-draft that he was the guy I wanted for the Pens at 21OA barring a top prospect sliding. I’m happy with Poulin, but it will certainly be interesting to watch Robertson’s development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad