F Nicholas Robertson - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2019, 53rd, TOR)

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
How this guy didn't go top 10 I'll never understand. Biggest steal of the draft, no one can deny it.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
How this guy didn't go top 10 I'll never understand. Biggest steal of the draft, no one can deny it.
Let’s not get too carried away, he’s 5’9” and was good but certainly not dominant in the OHL. I like him, great value in the late 2nd round, but hard to argue he should have gone higher than early 2nd/late 1st based on his current body of work. He has a long way to go before he’s a Gallagher type, or even a Trevor Moore.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Let’s not get too carried away, he’s 5’9” and was good but certainly not dominant in the OHL. I like him, great value in the late 2nd round, but hard to argue he should have gone higher than early 2nd/late 1st based on his current body of work. He has a long way to go before he’s a Gallagher type, or even a Trevor Moore.
That poster is just baiting people to hate leafs fans, they've done it before.

Looks like it's already working

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Top 10 is pushing it, but I'll address a few things. He's 5'9, but look at his father and look at his brothers. All above 6+. Theres no way he stays 5'9. He's also like a few days away from being a 2020 eligible, so theres time to grow for sure.

As for his production, I've seen him quite a few times and to be fair, this team sucked. Chisolm and Merkley were the only other good players. SDA was non-existant this year and I thought he should've been much better. Next year may be huge for Nick (and SDA). He did put up a PPG and lead his team in points and in PPG, thats actually really good, especially for someone that was 4 days off from the 2020 draft. Imagine if a kid did that for 2020 ? He'd be seen as Perfetti, which is pretty much a top 20ish pick so far.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Top 10 is pushing it, but I'll address a few things. He's 5'9, but look at his father and look at his brothers. All above 6+. Theres no way he stays 5'9. He's also like a few days away from being a 2020 eligible, so theres time to grow for sure.

As for his production, I've seen him quite a few times and to be fair, this team sucked. Chisolm and Merkley were the only other good players. SDA was non-existant this year and I thought he should've been much better. Next year may be huge for Nick (and SDA). He did put up a PPG and lead his team in points and in PPG, thats actually really good, especially for someone that was 4 days off from the 2020 draft. Imagine if a kid did that for 2020 ? He'd be seen as Perfetti, which is pretty much a top 20ish pick so far.

The Petes were 33-31. They virtually were dead in the middle of the standings and in goals-for. Are you thinking of his brother's team or something, because Kingston is a team that sucked?

I love him as a player but his team was solid but underachieved.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
I think Perfetti is almost a kick in the top 10 next year. I could see him going in the 5 to 8 range.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Petes were 33-31. They virtually were dead in the middle of the standings and in goals-for. Are you thinking of his brother's team or something, because Kingston is a team that sucked?

It wasn't a good team. Well, I guess it was a middle of the pack, but what ever. Its not something Id describe as good.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Best to keep expectations etc in check, it's just a tournament in the summer ultimately so let's not lose our minds. Glad he is doing well though.

Mar 12, 2009

The Petes had a good start and a very poor second half.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How does he compare to his bro?

Both have complete skill sets. I don’t think size is the issue that some state for Nic and I don’t think skating is the concern some state it is for Jason. Both are similar level players, in my opinion. They should be top six wingers, more likely second line than first.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Weird, because just a few months ago you were wondering if he'd be a late 1st.
Anybody see a team biting on him late first round? There could probably be a fit with a team like NYR or CAR.

Mar 12, 2009
Pretty much. @DieTomi is a Canucks fan masquerading as a Leaf fan.
Even if he weren't a known troll tho, if he were a legit homer Leaf fan, his is the only outlandish post from a Leaf fan I can see in this thread, and yet his post is the only one non-Leaf fans are responding to, to mock. It would be unnecessary if he were a homer Leaf fan, since the troll aspect is known, it's just sad people seem to want to fall for it so badly every time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00