F Nicholas Robertson - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2019, 53rd, TOR)

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Great pick. Leafs love their Petes lately. The other guy was garbage but Robertson has major upside and is such a fun player to watch.

Reactions: uncleblazer

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
The scouting reports I've read make me think of Andreas Johnsson and Trevor Moore. And then this comes out haha:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Gallagher 2.0 love him

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
This is a good pick. Feels like a first round rounder. He's so young too, only a couple days away from not even being draft eligible until next year.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Seems to be putting up a pretty good showing at the WJSS:

Centering first line with Wahlstrom on his wing last game.

I think this will be the undisputed best non-1st round pick of the new regime and I say that as a massive Dermott fan. Might be the best pure value pick considering where he was drafted.

Reactions: Kurtz

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t think he makes the team this year. Maybe he takes Brink’s spot, but they probably aren’t competing for any more than 13th forward and I’d give Brink the advantage to make the team.

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
Im quite surprised to see that Robertson is playing Center on the first line! All the pre-draft stuff that I read on him listed him as a Winger. This actually could boost his value considerably IF he can develop into a capable top 3 line Center!

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Im quite surprised to see that Robertson is playing Center on the first line! All the pre-draft stuff that I read on him listed him as a Winger. This actually could boost his value considerably IF he can develop into a capable top 3 line Center!
It's most likely temporary. Due to his combo of size and non-high-end skating, even if he moves back to center at the junior level, he's likely back on the wing by the time he reaches pro-hockey.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
USAH really likes to experiment with lineup positions at forward at the WJSS. That doesn't mean the staff doesn't possibly envision Robertson at center come tournament time if he makes the team, but I wouldn't read much into him playing center in 1 summer hockey game, nor is there really a concept of a first line at this point either. It's about experimentation, seeing where the puzzle pieces fit, what guys could possible fill multiple roles if need be, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00