F Nicholas Robertson - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2019, 53rd, TOR)

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
More likely Andreas Johnsson. Robertson is a LW, Nylander a RW, they aren’t really competing for the same spot.

Johnsson/Hyman/Mikheyev/Robertson is one too many top-9 worthy LWs. I think we need the size/toughness of Hyman and Mikheyev, so Johnsson gets dealt. Similarly, we’ve got too many quality LDs - Rielly/Muzzin/Dermott/Sandin, one will be dealt IMO. In the offseason I expect something like Johnsson and Dermott-or-Sandin for a solid top-4 RD who fits beside Rielly.

Nylander played LW for long stretches of this season with Hyman on RW

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Nylander played LW for long stretches of this season with Hyman on RW
I’ve watched the strong majority of Leafs games this year, and that’s just not true. When Hyman/Matthews/Nylander have played together, Nylander almost always plays RW while Hyman almost always plays LW. They both wander once the play starts, but on faceoffs Hyman almost always starts on the left side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ciao

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He’s going to be good. I always thought he and Beckman were close in their level of draft steals but Robertson is on another level. He should play in the league next year. Great pace, great shot, possessed the puck like a 10 year vet. He doesn’t have superstar skills, but should be a very good top 6 guy with the skill around him. If Nylander ever get’s traded, it will likely be because Robertson made him expendable.

Not a chance it will be Johnsson he makes expendable

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Not a chance it will be Johnsson he makes expendable
When Johnsson’s departure is imminent. I mean a few years down the road when Robertson and Arielle need new deals. If Robertson is putting up 60 points, it might make it easier to say we can move Nylander and still have 2 elite lines.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
When Johnsson’s departure is imminent. I mean a few years down the road when Robertson and Arielle need new deals. If Robertson is putting up 60 points, it might make it easier to say we can move Nylander and still have 2 elite lines.

There will never come a point where Robertson makes Nylander expendable they don't even play the same wing

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Kerfoot-Kapanen was quite the duo last night. Don't think we can really assess much of Robertson from last night.

But the fact that Keefe didn't rotate Engvall and Robertson makes me believe that he's locked up his spot on the 3rd line.

Reactions: Ciao

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I’ve watched the strong majority of Leafs games this year, and that’s just not true. When Hyman/Matthews/Nylander have played together, Nylander almost always plays RW while Hyman almost always plays LW. They both wander once the play starts, but on faceoffs Hyman almost always starts on the left side.

You are wrong. The majority of this season (with Keefe) Matthews was paired with Marner, but when he reunited Matthews and Willy, Willy was playing LW and Hyman RW.

Exhibit A:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
You are wrong. The majority of this season (with Keefe) Matthews was paired with Marner, but when he reunited Matthews and Willy, Willy was playing LW and Hyman RW.

Exhibit A:

Hmm, could’ve sworn I’ve mostly been seeing Hyman lining up at LW when playing with Matthews/Nylander, will pay more attention to this during the Columbus series.

Reactions: The Podium

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Hmm, could’ve sworn I’ve mostly been seeing Hyman lining up at LW when playing with Matthews/Nylander, will pay more attention to this during the Columbus series.

I like Willy on the LW whenever he plays there. I feel like the last few years he's been so hesitant to shoot which has prevented him from hitting the level we hoped he would. He seems to look for the shot more on the left side. I don't get why he doesn't shoot more either because next to Matthews and Tavares, he's probably got the best shot on the team. I believe he played LW when he won MVP in the worlds too.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I actually never said that.
The crazy thing is that you did though.
There’s one exhibition game per team. Any team not using their game one lineup is dumb.

I highly doubt it. Fans love to talk up the contributions of prospects in a meaningless training camp. Nothing new. A coach in such a short series is not going to trust a guy who has never played an NHL game, and hasn't shown they clearly are NHL ready. If this was a Makar or McAvoy situation, that'd be a different story. I don't see any of those this year. These prospects fans talk up like Robertson and Broberg will not be participating, unless there are injuries.

The hilarious thing is that Robertson and Broberg both played last night.

For context, you were responding to a post where I said I hoped Robertson would play in the exhibition game.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I like Willy on the LW whenever he plays there. I feel like the last few years he's been so hesitant to shoot which has prevented him from hitting the level we hoped he would. He seems to look for the shot more on the left side. I don't get why he doesn't shoot more either because next to Matthews and Tavares, he's probably got the best shot on the team. I believe he played LW when he won MVP in the worlds too.

Wasnt Nylander playing centre at the World's when he won mvp? I could be mistaken, but that's what I recall.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Wasnt Nylander playing centre at the World's when he won mvp? I could be mistaken, but that's what I recall.
He started off with William Karlsson rotating faceoff duty, can't remember who had the centers typical defensive responsibilities. When players were added later in the tournament he moved to Backstrom's wing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The crazy thing is that you did though.

The hilarious thing is that Robertson and Broberg both played last night.

For context, you were responding to a post where I said I hoped Robertson would play in the exhibition game.

When you deliberately lie about the context of a discussion on a message board, follow around another poster on the website for a week because they said something you didn't like in a meaningless discussion, and then try to claim your victory prematurely, there's nothing to say other than I feel bad that you behave like this.

I won't be responding to you anymore or reading your posts, but here is the context for those that want to see your deliberate lies.

There’s one exhibition game per team. Any team not using their game one lineup is dumb.

Well considering he may play his way into that line-up, it may not be a terrible idea :)

As some may say, he's "right up there".

I highly doubt it. Fans love to talk up the contributions of prospects in a meaningless training camp. Nothing new. A coach in such a short series is not going to trust a guy who has never played an NHL game, and hasn't shown they clearly are NHL ready. If this was a Makar or McAvoy situation, that'd be a different story. I don't see any of those this year. These prospects fans talk up like Robertson and Broberg will not be participating, unless there are injuries.

Nowhere does it I say anywhere there that I said he won't play in an exhibition game. I did say he won't play when the games start. Book it, and if I'm wrong, I'll own up to it because I'm not like you that is worried about my HF credibility. But I guess you know what I mean better than I do. After all, you've been following me around the website this week.

Reactions: Petrus

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Nowhere does it I say anywhere there that I said he won't play in an exhibition game. I did say he won't play when the games start. Book it, and if I'm wrong, I'll own up to it because I'm not like you that is worried about my HF credibility.

So the Leafs coaching staff is dumb?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
When you deliberately lie about the context of a discussion on a message board, follow around another poster on the website for a week because they said something you didn't like in a meaningless discussion, and then try to claim your victory prematurely, there's nothing to say other than I feel bad that you behave like this.

I won't be responding to you anymore or reading your posts, but here is the context for those that want to see your deliberate lies.

Nowhere does it I say anywhere there that I said he won't play in an exhibition game. I did say he won't play when the games start. Book it, and if I'm wrong, I'll own up to it because I'm not like you that is worried about my HF credibility. But I guess you know what I mean better than I do. After all, you've been following me around the website this week.
I said I wanted him to play in an exhibition game. You said you 'highly doubt it'.

It's not hard for anyone to follow along the context. It's literally posted in this thread.

You were wrong. Don't be so sensitive, it's a message board. Own your hot takes boo. If posting in this thread is following you around then yes, I'm following you around?

8f7aab862f824c1ef61ce9581bfbca2c45f1bad7.jpg

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
He didn't have an atrocious game. Like Broberg did.
You do realize they play different positions right? Also you have to account that The Calgary/Edmonton game was way faster and physical than the Leafs/Habs game. You could see that in the way Muzzin was playing. The Western Conference is generally a harder more physical part of the league. Forwards generally have an easier time and develop faster than dman. Robertson is going to be a good player. So is Broberg once he gets accustomed to the smaller ice and the faster gameplay. He played way better halfway through the second and finished strong. Yes he needs more time to develop but he's going to be really good. I don't think you really accounted all that and just jumped to conclusions that he's "atrocious". You hoping that he fails is brutal too. Wishing that on players no matter how much you hate a team is pretty childish.

Reactions: snipes

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
You do realize they play different positions right? Also you have to account that The Calgary/Edmonton game was way faster and physical than the Leafs/Habs game. You could see that in the way Muzzin was playing. The Western Conference is generally a harder more physical part of the league. Forwards generally have an easier time and develop faster than dman. Robertson is going to be a good player. So is Broberg once he gets accustomed to the smaller ice and the faster gameplay. He played way better halfway through the second and finished strong. Yes he needs more time to develop but he's going to be really good. I don't think you really accounted all that and just jumped to conclusions that he's "atrocious". You hoping that he fails is brutal too. Wishing that on players no matter how much you hate a team is pretty childish.
Broberg is solid but this is the wrong thread my man.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The western conference is worse then the east. That has nothing to do with Broberg though. It isn't 2010 anymore.

Reactions: TimeZone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad