F Nicholas Robertson - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2019, 53rd, TOR)

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Good on the kid for forcing what appears to be a spot on the opening day lineup.

Small sample sizes but he definitely didn’t look out of place at all. His game suits the way the Leafs play as well with a highly creative offensive game.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
not sure how a claim that someone is dumb for putting Robertson into a playoff game is not accompanied with the evidence that Robertson is not better than the alternatives.

imo it would be dumb not to play your best players.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
i wonder if the people saying the coaching staff would be dumb to put Robertson in over Engvall or Gauthier knows how well the current coaching staff knows Gauthier and Engvall.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Good on the kid for forcing what appears to be a spot on the opening day lineup.

Small sample sizes but he definitely didn’t look out of place at all. His game suits the way the Leafs play as well with a highly creative offensive game.
He also brings some energy and tenacity and the Leafs really lack that sometimes. Gauthier and Engvall may be bigger but play with a lot less intensity

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He also brings some energy and tenacity and the Leafs really lack that sometimes. Gauthier and Engvall may be bigger but play with a lot less intensity

Isn’t Freddy the Goat a good PKer and decent on draws?

Robertson in a way kind of reminds me of Yamamoto, his call up completely altered our team. Like Yamamoto he’s fierce on the forecheck for an undersized guy.

I’m a big fan of this kids game, and as you know I don’t compliment the Leafs for no reason. You guys got a player here bro.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Isn’t Freddy the Goat a good PKer and decent on draws?

Robertson in a way kind of reminds me of Yamamoto, his call up completely altered our team. Like Yamamoto he’s fierce on the forecheck for an undersized guy.

I’m a big fan of this kids game, and as you know I don’t compliment the Leafs for no reason. You guys got a player here bro.
Gauthier is pretty bad on the PK, but he does win faceoffs.

I really like the Yamamoto comparison. Robertson obviously has more to prove, but I would be thrilled if he ends up being a comparable player

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Gauthier is pretty bad on the PK, but he does win faceoffs.

I really like the Yamamoto comparison. Robertson obviously has more to prove, but I would be thrilled if he ends up being a comparable player

I think he’s a little faster and a better, Yamo is a better of a playmaker and more physical he’s a little honey badger. But both very similar high energy players.

I see a lot of similarities in the two (not just both being half Asian and small lol), both undersized guys but just play balls to the walls every shift, those are easy players to like.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I think he’s a little faster and a better, Yamo is a better of a playmaker and more physical he’s a little honey badger. But both very similar high energy players.

I see a lot of similarities in the two (not just both being half Asian and small lol), both undersized guys but just play balls to the walls every shift, those are easy players to like.
I'd be absolutely thrilled if Robertson has the same impact on the Leafs that Yamamoto has had on the Oilers.

Reactions: snipes and Merrrlin

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
I would not be putting Robertson or anyone like him into a playoff game without a significant number of injuries, so if he plays in the first playoff game, I think thats pretty dumb.
No it's idiotic not to play your best players. Dobson should be dressed for The Islanders but the putz Trotz will dress some mediocre veteran.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
If you dress Robertson and he isn't working out you double shift Mikheyev and Nylander and limit his shifts. Then you dress Engvall for the rest of the series. 1 game shouldn't hurt the team and he may be the guy that completes the Kerfoot-Kapanen line and makes it really dangerous.

Reactions: weems

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'd be absolutely thrilled if Robertson has the same impact on the Leafs that Yamamoto has had on the Oilers.

Yamo the honey badger completely altered our team.

I see the same energy and skill in a slightly different way for Robertson with the Leafs but very similar. Easy guys to root for even if you’re not a fan of the team.

I like guys that are willing to compete like crazy every shift. Not only in hockey but in life generally.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Yamo the honey badger completely altered our team.

I see the same energy and skill in a slightly different way for Robertson with the Leafs but very similar. Easy guys to root for even if you’re not a fan of the team.

I like guys that are willing to compete like crazy every shift. Not only in hockey but in life generally.
Me too. I think the smart move would be for the coaching staff to put him in the playoff lineup but others would disagree.

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
I really like both players but I don’t see many similarities between Yamo and Robertson other than that they’re both small and feisty tbh

Despite his size Yamomoto’s office is the front of the net, and he makes his living feasting on rebounds and off his ability to get lost in the slot.

Robertson doesn’t shy away from the middle of the ice, but he’s more of a perimeter player offensively with both a lethal one timer and very powerful wrist shot.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Johnsson will be back very soon (practiced on the PP today) and will prob take his spot, but still it's nice to see him getting some experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad