F Filip Zadina (2018, 6th, DET) Part 2

Christien

May 1, 2010
Disappointing tournament for sure, but the Czechs as a unit were struggling out there since the tournament began. Excited to get him back to Grand Rapids

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Really bad tournament for Zadina. Kind of sad to end his junior career on that note, especially after how he played last year. Would have expected a lot more from a Kaut-Necas-Zadina line than that.

He was really a floater to say the least, and did not use his shot like he used to.

Wishes him the best in the AHL for the rest of the year...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
BDpT9W.jpg

“I was telling my agent, if they will pass on me, I’m going to fill their nets with pucks,”

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Disappointing tournament. He should have dominated as he's playing in the AHL very well as a rookie.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Still has looked good in the AHL. Still ridiculously happy we got him

Kinda funny considering this and the fact that the entire team was trash. 9 goals in 5 games. Zadina ended up being the odd man out of Necas and Kaut and got paired with trash line mates. Dostal was the only guy that played well.

End of the day, Zadina's problem is still what I've been saying since the preseason. Dude badly needs a summer in the gym.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Really bad tournament for Zadina. Kind of sad to end his junior career on that note, especially after how he played last year. Would have expected a lot more from a Kaut-Necas-Zadina line than that.

He was really a floater to say the least, and did not use his shot like he used to.

Wishes him the best in the AHL for the rest of the year...

It makes me wonder if you actually watched him this tournament when you say a Kaut-Necas-Zadina line. Zadina played on his own line in the tournament except the last game. If he had that kind of production on a line like you said I would be worried but watching the games and seeing who he was playing with I'm not really concerned going forward

Reactions: bags07

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm a fan of his but the linemate argument is humorous at best. He is supposed to be a game-breaking talent, he should've been able to get something going but for the most part was pretty well invisible in terms of generating chances or driving the play. I mean just comparing him to Kaut who is from the same draft and missed most of the summer's training because of his condition he looked like he was the one projected to be a complimentary player and Kaut the driver.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'm a fan of his but the linemate argument is humorous at best. He is supposed to be a game-breaking talent, he should've been able to get something going but for the most part was pretty well invisible in terms of generating chances or driving the play. I mean just comparing him to Kaut who is from the same draft and missed most of the summer's training because of his condition he looked like he was the one projected to be a complimentary player and Kaut the driver.

I mean, the best part of his game is his shot, and when you've got line mates who can't hold the puck for more than half a second, much less set you up to rip it, it's not really that surprising.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
90% of it is because the kid ran his mouth about what a mistake it was that he did not go 3rd or 4th. The 'filling their nets with pucks' quote especially.
Have any of you actually watched the interview where that quote comes from? He was asked like 4 separate times what his thoughts were on his draft position, and the first three times he gave a canned answer about being happy and moving forward. It was the last time when a reporter asked specifically what he thought of the teams passing him up that he finally gave that response, the media was digging for it. You guys take shit way too seriously.

Reactions: Renmar

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
When, exactly, has he been playing good in the AHL?

+/- more than twice as bad as anyone else on the team. Highlights show he wasn't even involved in the play on a good portion of his points.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
lol, poor Habs fans. Lying wide awake at night hoping Zadina fails so the organization doesn't look foolish passing on him.
I doubt many of us are losing sleep. Kotkaniemi is awesome, whatever happens with Zadina happens, no skin of our teeth.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
90% of it is because the kid ran his mouth about what a mistake it was that he did not go 3rd or 4th. The 'filling their nets with pucks' quote especially.

So you guys are in this thread bashing him because he had a bit of confidence in an interview after being picked a few picks lower than projected?

Yeah I don’t know how to tell you this in a more straight forward fashion. That’s incredibly childish.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I doubt many of us are losing sleep. Kotkaniemi is awesome, whatever happens with Zadina happens, no skin of our teeth.

Based on the ten or so of you that showed up in this thread for the first time after the WJC. Yeah I think you’ve lost some sleep. Apologies to you on our prospect giving an interview you found distasteful.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The thread history says otherwise. Habs fans loving coming in here with their hot takes, as if anyone cares what they think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad