F Filip Zadina (2018, 6th, DET) Part 2

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
I would be happy if we switched Mantha with Zadina who is much more responsible smarter and more skilled player, then trade Mantha for draft picks. Zadina needs more icetime against best oponents Make Brome - Larkin - Zadina line or Ryan - Larkin - Zadina.
I think Bertuzzi-Larkin-Zadina would work but if Mantha is on Larkin's line they need to move Bertuzzi to another line.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Zadina
Ryan(Raymond)-Veleno-Mantha

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think Bertuzzi-Larkin-Zadina would work but if Mantha is on Larkin's line they need to move Bertuzzi to another line.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Zadina
Ryan(Raymond)-Veleno-Mantha
Seems like a very solid top 6 .
What are the wings needing for prospects yet to fill out their roster when everyone is ready ?

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
A bonafide #1, or good 2C center, top 4 defenseman, and hopefully one of our drafted goalies can become a staple of the team.
Larkin is a #1 centre and Veleno sohuld be given a chance to be in the top 6. I would think the GM is looking for defensemen (he should be able to get one in this draft if he chooses to). Centres as well but to add to what they have and because they can be moved to the wing if necessary.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Wasnt complaining, i was just surprised to see Zadinas name when i clicked in the prospect forum

Gotcha. I don’t think any of these threads really ever go away or get locked. I think it’s fair to leave Zadina’s open as someone who still has yet to play a continuous full season in the NHL. But eventually I’d expect it to die down

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Larkin is a #1 centre and Veleno sohuld be given a chance to be in the top 6. I would think the GM is looking for defensemen (he should be able to get one in this draft if he chooses to). Centres as well but to add to what they have and because they can be moved to the wing if necessary.
I think you can win a Cup with Larkin as your #1 C, but your #2 better be more like a 1B. I know an elite C is the hockey unicorn, but that's really what we need. On a very good to great team, Larkin's your #2 C. That's no slam on Larkin either.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-2-28_13-29-25.png

2 game point streak. He really dried up. Not sure if it was covid related or just a slump. Hope he can build on the points. I know a big complaint when you cheer for your fav prospect is that they don't get enough fair chances but I actually feel like Detroit has given him a lot of opportunity to succeed.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
View attachment 401605

2 game point streak. He really dried up. Not sure if it was covid related or just a slump. Hope he can build on the points. I know a big complaint when you cheer for your fav prospect is that they don't get enough fair chances but I actually feel like Detroit has given him a lot of opportunity to succeed.
The thing about Detroit is that aside from Ryan and Bert, no forward has really had a good season offensively. Fabbri is starting to come online a little bit, I would like it if Zadina is back with him and Ryan before Ryan is inevitably dealt.

Reactions: Czechboy

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
The thing I would point out is that Zadina has been really good away from the puck. The points aren't coming in right now, but he's been good enough in other aspects of the game to not have me at all worried.

Reactions: Oddbob

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
View attachment 401605

It is difficult to judge his progression considering how segmented it is.

He finally got a chance to play regularly for Detroit and then COVID shortened the season. 10 months later, with an accelerated schedule he gets another chance to play. Then he gets COVID, and now he has 32 games left in the season.

He can be better, but I don't know how much of this struggle is him in particular or the other external factors surrounding his NHL career so far.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
How has Zadina looked this year?

He has been quite good away from the puck, with takeaways and defensive plays. His offence isn't really there right now, but this whole team is not good at offence. If we ever get some other good players for him to play with, I honestly think he will be fine. I do think he needs to work on getting into open gaps more, and he needs to get his shots off quicker as right now they are a little too easy for the goalie to read and react to. That said, his effort has been there every game, and he is playing smart away from the puck, which leaves me not worried about him in our lineup at all.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Only Givani Smith has a lower points/60 at 5 on 5 among Detroit forwards.

0.61/60
Lower than Rasmussen. Lower than Rowney.
That's like a remarkably low number.

It's contrasted of course by Lucas Raymond who, even when he doesn't seem like he's doing anything, finds ways to get involved in scoring.

In terms of Detroit forwards:
Bertuzzi 3.36
Larkin 2.55
Raymond 2.37
Veleno 2.23
Namestnikov 2.21
Suter 1.77
Stephens 1.61
Fabbri 1.48
Rasmussen 1.28
Gagner 1.18
Rowney 0.77
Zadina 0.61 -
Smith 0

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Only Givani Smith has a lower points/60 at 5 on 5 among Detroit forwards.

0.61/60
Lower than Rasmussen. Lower than Rowney.
That's like a remarkably low number.

It's contrasted of course by Lucas Raymond who, even when he doesn't seem like he's doing anything, finds ways to get involved in scoring.

In terms of Detroit forwards:
Bertuzzi 3.36
Larkin 2.55
Raymond 2.37
Veleno 2.23
Namestnikov 2.21
Suter 1.77
Stephens 1.61
Fabbri 1.48
Rasmussen 1.28
Gagner 1.18
Rowney 0.77
Zadina 0.61 -
Smith 0

You’re just a stats guy? Have you watched any red wings games this season? Zadina has had impact games without getting on the scoresheet.

Reactions: Tetsuo

eulatron

Jun 24, 2019
You’re just a stats guy? Have you watched any red wings games this season? Zadina has had impact games without getting on the scoresheet.

Agreed, he's doing everything right and his points will come. Very integral part of why the Wings are playing well this year imo.

Not every player's progression is linear, and with the way we're playing right now we have the luxury of being patient with him as far as the point producing is concerned.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Zadina has pretty much figured out his game at the NHL. He's great defensively, can make good moves with the puck on his stick, can create for others, etc. Only thing that hasn't come around is his shot. I think he passes the eye-test and now that Suter is heating up the points will start to roll in. Even moreso when Vrana comes back.

But shouldn't this thread be locked, he's got over a 100 games by this point? Further inquiries should be made at the Detroit board by respectful non-Wings fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad