F Filip Zadina (2018, 6th, DET) Part 2

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So included in here are:
Banging in a loose puck (so he's Abdelkader without physicality?)
Missing a wide open net, but accidentally banking it in
A clutch goal in the dying seconds.... after the other team had already iced the game with an empty netter.
A PP slapshot not placed accurately (so he's Frk/Pulkinnen?)

And these are the highlights. While I've been very disappointed with every aspect of his play that I've seen that aren't highlights

Ah okay, so goals only count if they're pretty? You're also missing a rush and a snipe goal as well, which you've conveniently left out.

Keep reaching!

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Ah okay, so goals only count if they're pretty? You're also missing a rush and a snipe goal as well, which you've conveniently left out.

Keep reaching!
One of the rush goals was the dying seconds down several goals. I listed that one.
There was one decent one in there.

And no, goals don't have to be pretty (I've been a big supporter of Rasmussen and have argued that same thing myself). But when everyone praises you for being a "skilled" "sniper" winger, and you don't offer things like strong defensive play, board play, screening, penalty killing, driving the play etc., lack of "skill" and sniping concerns me

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
One of the rush goals was the dying seconds down several goals. I listed that one.
There was one decent one in there.

And no, goals don't have to be pretty (I've been a big supporter of Rasmussen and have argued that same thing myself). But when everyone praises you for being a "skilled" "sniper" winger, and you don't offer things like strong defensive play, board play, screening, penalty killing, driving the play etc., lack of "skill" and sniping concerns me

If you try hard enough, you could make a reasons on why any player didn't deserve most of their points, like you're trying to do (he didn't aim his PP goal properly??? even though it went in...?)

Fact is you dont "luck" into a .75ppg pace. And you can try to say his age is irrelevant, because we both know that's BS. It's clearly impressive to be putting up pretty good numbers when you're 7-10 years younger than most and still physically immature.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I need to start tracking every goal Crosby gets off a bad rebound or a misdirection or a lucky bounce so I can start justifying why he sucks.

Reactions: mantha39

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Send him back to Halifax for the 2nd half and for a Memorial Cup FFS! The organization didn’t even know he was on Loan until last second and it was too late and Grand Rapids snatched him. His numbers are okay but seeing his WJC stats I think the way he’s being developed isn’t working for him.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Send him back to Halifax for the 2nd half and for a Memorial Cup FFS! The organization didn’t even know he was on Loan until last second and it was too late and Grand Rapids snatched him. His numbers are okay but seeing his WJC stats I think the way he’s being developed isn’t working for him.
Oh shut it. You dont send a prospect back to juniors when hes succeeding in pro hockey. Players have bad tournaments and playoffs all the time, its common sense. He had a bad world junior tournament, sucks but thats what happened. Get over it.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013

just saying that cause halifax wont hold it against drummond or rouyn

the zadina train has left the station
he is solid ahl and will be solid nhl

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

You would be wrong in terms of what both the organization and player have said they wanted to do. This is the development path that has been chosen for him. I am sure he will get a few games up for this year. They might hold him under nine to protect him from the expansion draft eligibility. But really happy he is in the AHL already. He didn't have a whole lot more to learn at the junior level.

I don't think his tournament was great by any means but that has more to do with stat line stuff. He had stretches where he played just fine, the problem was his one really bad game came against Canada with the eyes all on him. Still that doesn't change what the long-term plans were for Zadina and those were never having him go back to Halifax. They said that on the draft floor right after the pick, they are happy with him learning exactly where they planned on him being. Give up on this dream.

He should finish with a few NHL games, AHL playoffs if the Griffins are in them and then go to the World Championships. The World Championships are better for him than the Memorial Cup in my opinion and you have to think he would be an option for the Czech team there. He has been playing better over the last little while, nothing wrong with his developmental path.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Zadina gained nothing by going back to the QMJHL to dance around pylons and rip shots from the circle.

He'll go through the growing pains in the AHL, and hopefully by getting blown by enough by more high end talent, he'll figure out that he needs to hit the gym.

Reactions: Killerjas

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
So included in here are:
Banging in a loose puck (so he's Abdelkader without physicality?)
Missing a wide open net, but accidentally banking it in
A clutch goal in the dying seconds.... after the other team had already iced the game with an empty netter.
A PP slapshot not placed accurately (so he's Frk/Pulkinnen?)

And these are the highlights. While I've been very disappointed with every aspect of his play that I've seen that aren't highlights

This is such a massive reach its hilarious.

Be careful, your agenda is showing

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
This is such a massive reach its hilarious.

Be careful, your agenda is showing
My agenda? I have every reason to hope he's better than Gretzky.

I'm just extremely disappointed with him so far and every time I try to go in watching with a positive attitude, he gives me more reason to dislike him

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
My agenda? I have every reason to hope he's better than Gretzky.

I'm just extremely disappointed with him so far and every time I try to go in watching with a positive attitude, he gives me more reason to dislike him

You clearly have an agenda, you dont like him for some reason.

Youre trying to make all of his points sound flukey for whatever reason you have but its clear youre stretching it past the point of being reasonable. Having concerns about him at the next level is completely fine he isnt McDavid, talking about how hes lucky that shots are bouncing in off of people or getting assists off of rebounds of your shot is ridiculous though. When youre getting lots of offensive chances and have a really good shot youre going to get points like that.

I'm not saying hes Ovechkin but how many of his assists this year do you think are off of rebounds from his elite shot? Ripping one on net with traffic, getting it through and generating a rebound is a good thing and youre trying to make it seem bad. How many of Ovechkins goals do you think bounced off some people first and then went in the net? I'm sure plenty have. Thats what happens when you have the ability to get open and get shots on net. If you think its bad that Zadina can do this but isnt dangling through everyone to get points, thats fine but I think a lot would disagree with you. At the very least they wouldnt be calling these points all flukey

Reactions: hittes petr sykora

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
You clearly have an agenda, you dont like him for some reason.

Youre trying to make all of his points sound flukey for whatever reason you have but its clear youre stretching it past the point of being reasonable. Having concerns about him at the next level is completely fine he isnt McDavid, talking about how hes lucky that shots are bouncing in off of people or getting assists off of rebounds of your shot is ridiculous though. When youre getting lots of offensive chances and have a really good shot youre going to get points like that.

I'm not saying hes Ovechkin but how many of his assists this year do you think are off of rebounds from his elite shot? Ripping one on net with traffic, getting it through and generating a rebound is a good thing and youre trying to make it seem bad. How many of Ovechkins goals do you think bounced off some people first and then went in the net? I'm sure plenty have. Thats what happens when you have the ability to get open and get shots on net. If you think its bad that Zadina can do this but isnt dangling through everyone to get points, thats fine but I think a lot would disagree with you. At the very least they wouldnt be calling these points all flukey
it is cool to be eternally pessimistic, didn't you know?

shit is so annoying

Reactions: hittes petr sykora

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
it is cool to be eternally pessimistic, didn't you know?

**** is so annoying
I like Rasmussen
I like Veleno
I like Cholowski
I like Bertuzzi

Heck, I like Helm, Abdelkader, and Ericsson more than 99% of fans.

I'm sorry for having an opinion. And while pointing out individual plays may seem petty, I'm just trying to provide supporting evidence and detail as to why my opinion is what it is.

And to the larger discussion, when we're discussing a small sample size and a grand total of 17 points in the AHL, and a decent number of them are 1-man efforts by other guys, I think it's worth discussing. Picking up 3-4 assists off a shin-pad or whatever all of a sudden drops him .15 a game. That is a much bigger difference than and his 1100 NHL points

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Are people really comparing Zadina to Martin Frk? Is that actually happening here?

The massive overreactions are hilarious. He turned 19 years old a month ago lol.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
Are people really comparing Zadina to Martin Frk? Is that actually happening here?

The massive overreactions are hilarious. He turned 19 years old a month ago lol.
For the record, I'm not overreacting to a bad tournament.

I'm stating my sum-total opinion of him. The same opinion which led me to say, "hey guys, what if maybe, perhaps, he DOESN'T dominate the WJC?"... At which point I was told that was impossible.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

12 points in 50 AHL games at 20 years old Martin Frk, lol.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Perhaps 59 points in 71 AHL games at 21(?) Pulkinnen is the better comparison then?
If all he has to offer is PP one-timers

Both are pretty bull shit comparisons when you consider that an 18 year old is light years away from the development of a 21 year old when it comes to playing in a pro sports league.

Almost as ridiculous as when you cited plus minus as a legitimate statistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad