F Brayden Yager - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2023, 14th, PIT)

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Yager was my favourite in this draft in the 6-15 range just as Kulich was last year anywhere after the top 5 picks. Both have a fierce ability to raise their games and that bodes well for development as well as high end shots and speed

Gonna be interested in seeing his development over the next couple seasons as i think he has more upside than some of the scouts have given him credit for.

Had heard the Canuck scouts were really high on him but ultimately i believe they needed to add something to the defensive pipeline and Willander with his skating and IQ they couldnt look past

Reactions: Turin

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Why didn't he play in the u18? Injured? Or just didn't make the team?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Why didn't he play in the u18? Injured? Or just didn't make the team?

His club team was still playing playoff games as the tournament was starting. I believe his final game was the 19th. of April. IIHF Tournament opened on the 20th. otherwise he would have been there. Hockey Canada doesn't generally add late additions for the U18 tournament unless it is urgent injury replacement. The team was named by the 10th of April of players who were available at the time.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Best comparison I can think of is Sebastian Aho. Not a chess player, but creates thru speed and quick, tic-tac-toe passes. Would be at his best on a fast-paced, transition style team. Not sure Pens fit that description right now, but maybe that's the direction they are trying to take the team?

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Yager was my favourite in this draft in the 6-15 range just as Kulich was last year anywhere after the top 5 picks. Both have a fierce ability to raise their games and that bodes well for development as well as high end shots and speed

Gonna be interested in seeing his development over the next couple seasons as i think he has more upside than some of the scouts have given him credit for.

Had heard the Canuck scouts were really high on him but ultimately i believe they needed to add something to the defensive pipeline and Willander with his skating and IQ they couldnt look past
Problem with comparison to Kulich is that he is slow af compared to him. Jiri is a fcking rocket.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Is he a boom or bust type player?

Or does him talking about working on his 2way play make him seem like he has a high floor? Like he could be a 3c if he misses on his high end?

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
9 games but no he can't until his season with Moose Jaw is over...or Pittsburgh has a insane amount of injuries and can do an emergency recall.
Given the age of Pens group, it's pretty much written in stone that they have injuries to deal with at the end of the season.

However, I don't think he should be up there. It would be rushing him. Spend this season in WHL and then in AHL(is he elighible?) should be good for him.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Given the age of Pens group, it's pretty much written in stone that they have injuries to deal with at the end of the season.

However, I don't think he should be up there. It would be rushing him. Spend this season in WHL and then in AHL(is he elighible?) should be good for him.
Not AHL eligible for 2 more seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad