F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Severely underrated by HF posters... kid is a complete package . If he's there at 4 the Sens should grab him provided that something crazy like Svech dropping does not happen. I prefer him over Zadina. I think Montreal takes him at 3 provided Canes take Svech, I don't blame them. This type of player, that can blend the size skill, power, meanness, skating doesn't come around often

You're one of the few that I respect and read all your posts I see on HFsens, so hopefully you are right on this.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Montreal and Ottawa both are in a crappy spot. Not sure if I am a fan of having the best guy theorectically on the board being a LW. When you draft that high you want first line centers and defensemen
Carolina, too. It's not like Svechnikov is a centre and there's really no natural centre in the top 10. It's a weird draft like that.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I believe Brady is a good player but why is his point production so bad?
Well he racks up a real good amount of assists, and is as far as I can tell, second in assists by a freshman. Another thing is that he's used terribly on the powerplay. They have him playing on the half-wall rather than sitting his ass in front of the opposition's goalie.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
As others have said if you already have your centers set up hed be a great top-line complimentary winger. My issue is i see him as just that, a complimentary winger that isnt elite in any single regard. Hence why i wouldnt consider him till 8 or 9. Would look good with mcdavid/draisaitl or eichel if buffalo dropped to 4 though

Reactions: deflowd

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
NHL Now has him going at #4 as Tyson Nash and EJ Hradek want him both for the Yotes pick at 5, but both think he will not be available for them, and I agree...Senators and Brady Tkachuk - get used to it folks, kid will be taken right there.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Well he racks up a real good amount of assists, and is as far as I can tell, second in assists by a freshman. Another thing is that he's used terribly on the powerplay. They have him playing on the half-wall rather than sitting his ass in front of the opposition's goalie.
He also generated a ton of shots that for whatever reason didn't go in, and its not like he was shooting from 30 feet out. I'd say its more statistical aberration than a continuing trend. Give this guy a legit center and he'll put up points. Josh Norris and Jordan Greenway weren't that.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
His greatest asset is his intuition. That's applicable in any scenario, case and point in his inflated assist totals this season. If he wasn't playing with Greenway, and spent more time sitting on the Goalie's face he would have more goals and less assists. The nature of a versatile athlete is that he will do for you whatever you need him to do.

However, it is quite ironic to see. Prior to this season, he was known solely as a goal-scorer and had his intelligence and vision questioned. Now, in a different system, he demonstrated his ability to create through passing. Instead of recognizing that he is apt to contribute both ways, as needed by the team, people instead choose to question his goal-scoring ability.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI

That is the right decision. Made no sense to me that many in the media were hyping up Tkachuk as NHL ready. I mean, he might have survived as a bottom 6 guy next season but that would have been a poor decision for his growth as a player.

Yes, he'll be much better off playing another season in the NCAA. If he left BU, he may have ended up in the AHL next season. Considering the family lineage, I think he'll be okay financially waiting one more season to turn pro. ;)

Reactions: Rogie21

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Wonder if his decision to return to BU will affect where he's taken in the draft. Probably not, or at the very least will be quite negligible I would guess. But that's just a guess, as I'm not up to speed with prior situations like this and how it affected where the player was taken, if it was affected at all.

Source: https://www.tsn.ca/report-tkachuk-to-stay-at-bu-for-2018-19-1.1079270
I don't think it matters, and it is not like his decision is binding. I'm sure if the team that drafts him encourages him to either come out to play in the NHL or spend a year in the AHL, he'll seriously consider this option.

Reactions: kabidjan18

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Wonder if his decision to return to BU will affect where he's taken in the draft. Probably not, or at the very least will be quite negligible I would guess. But that's just a guess, as I'm not up to speed with prior situations like this and how it affected where the player was taken, if it was affected at all.

Source: https://www.tsn.ca/report-tkachuk-to-stay-at-bu-for-2018-19-1.1079270

I feel like returning to BU will give him a chance to continue to develop offensively.

Just because prospects are physically (and sometimes defensively) ready for the NHL, doesn’t mean they are NHL ready.

You aren’t going to have an opportunity to develop your offensive game when your coach is putting you there for 13-15 minutes a game to cycle the puck your whole shift so your line can keep the score where it is until your top two lines are ready to back on the ice.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad