F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Is there a fan base in the league picking in the top 8 that actually wants him?

His shooting percentage was pathetic in the NCAA. He's nearly eligible last year.. his skating isn't very good and all the other wingers rated in the same range as him are all better in every offensive category you can measure/see.

If you are a team that already has their center situtation figured out, he would be a great add for someone. If Edmonton was drafting in that 3-5 range, he would really be a great pick for them.

If you don't like his skill set, you should really watch this video:

Reactions: Castle8130

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If you are a team that already has their center situtation figured out, he would be a great add for someone. If Edmonton was drafting in that 3-5 range, he would really be a great pick for them.

If you don't like his skill set, you should really watch this video:

I agree that a team with the C position could gamble on him and I never said I didn't like his skill set (though he's not a natural scorer by any means).. just that in comparison to Svech, Zadina and Wahlstrom, there's no way he wins against any of them in any offensive categories.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Could see Bergevin convince himself like he did with Drouin that he's a center and draft him as he fills a need. " Big strong center with the right 'attitude' "

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Could see Bergevin convince himself like he did with Drouin that he's a center and draft him as he fills a need. " Big strong center with the right 'attitude' "

Any scouting/management staff that projects him at C should be immediately fired. That pretty much neutralizes his entire skill-set and magnifies his flaws.. save for his playmaking ability.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Any scouting/management staff that projects him at C should be immediately fired. That pretty much neutralizes his entire skill-set and magnifies his flaws.. save for his playmaking ability.

oh for sure, but one management staff has already proven to take that route, trade for a winger and convert him into a center, and draft a center to convert into a winger.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If the sens take him at 4 I am going to be very dissapointed. Not that he is a bad prospect but for the terrible season we just had to endure I would hope they go for a player that has a higher end ceiling. Outside of the first 10 games of the year Ottawa was hands down the worst team in hockey getting a good two way 2nd line left winger that doesnt have a goal scoring touch would be a bad call for the organization.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If the sens take him at 4 I am going to be very dissapointed. Not that he is a bad prospect but for the terrible season we just had to endure I would hope they go for a player that has a higher end ceiling. Outside of the first 10 games of the year Ottawa was hands down the worst team in hockey getting a good two way 2nd line left winger that doesnt have a goal scoring touch would be a bad call for the organization.

Montreal and Ottawa both are in a crappy spot. Not sure if I am a fan of having the best guy theorectically on the board being a LW. When you draft that high you want first line centers and defensemen

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Severely underrated by HF posters... kid is a complete package . If he's there at 4 the Sens should grab him provided that something crazy like Svech dropping does not happen. I prefer him over Zadina. I think Montreal takes him at 3 provided Canes take Svech, I don't blame them. This type of player, that can blend the size skill, power, meanness, skating doesn't come around often

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad