F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I’d rather have Wahlstrom myself. I have suspicions of Tkachuk’s upside to warrant him being drafted at #4.
I've been saying the same thing pretty much all season. I watched almost all the home games live of both players, and think Wahlstrom has more offensive upside, which is what I want in a player I'm selecting in the top 5 of the draft. I think Tkachuk will be a decent complementary player, but I'm not spending a top 5 pick on that type of player.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
man that Tkachuk just doesn't give a f*** hahahaha...

he announces this prior to the draft, which in theory could possibly drop him a pick or two if some teams thought he would jump right away...not saying that is 100% for sure as a team still drafts BPA regardless of target arrival date, but I am sure a few teams now have to double take if they had Tkachuk even with someone else who "could" jump to the NHL.

Also, I understand what he is doing, but whatever team drafts him will have him go to the prospect camp, and if he tears it up there and they want him to come to pro camp, is he really going to turn that down?? Is he going to say no thanks going to stick another year for sure? It is just his word here, he isn't bound by a contract to stay another year in college...we have seen much stranger things happen here..maybe he wants to drop to 5 and play for Arizona like his old man??? lol...you never know.

Richard Moistmaker

May 9, 2018
lol what's up with this kid? He's got 33 PIM in 3 USHL games and 47 PIM
in 18 USDP games.

CxhINGlUkAAdVhE.jpg

Jack Eichel Jr.

283.jpg

Wow, this kid is even uglier than his brother.

Should be a good player though. Hopefully he's not a punk like Matthew.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I’d rather have Wahlstrom myself. I have suspicions of Tkachuk’s upside to warrant him being drafted at #4.
I think he's a very safe pick - teams will be attracted to that. I think at worst, he will be a gritty 40-50 point, 20-25 goal guy. But like others, I'm not convinced he has elite offensive upside at all. To me, he is a rock-solid pick anywhere in the top 10 though, just not a homerun or a franchise player.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
I think him, fox and Middlestat where the best players for team USA WJC
i think he is made for the “ new” nhl
i think he goes top 7

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Any chance he’s falls like Fowler and Forsberg did (i.e out of the top ten)?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Any chance he’s falls like Fowler and Forsberg did (i.e out of the top ten)?
Highly doubtful he drops out of top 10 unless his interviews are horrendous. (and he'll have plenty of coaching to make sure that doesn't happen)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Highly doubtful he drops out of top 10 unless his interviews are horrendous. (and he'll have plenty of coaching to make sure that doesn't happen)

I don't understand why you need people to coach you on interviews when you get drafted. I would be like hey if you like what I do on the ice great draft me and if you aren't going to draft me because I don't answer questions to your standards, oh well then don't draft me

Reactions: ulvvf

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I don't understand why you need people to coach you on interviews when you get drafted. I would be like hey if you like what I do on the ice great draft me and if you aren't going to draft me because I don't answer questions to your standards, oh well then don't draft me

One reason for coaching for any process, I would guess, is it is a process of a young man learning to be a productive teammate and a valuable asset. If he is coached over time to communicate well and understands that he is a part of a bigger whole (a team), he is far more likely to be successful. Coaching, not once but over time, using role models and examples - with feedback, can make a huge difference to the way an individual fits in and contributes. 18 years of Parenting would obviously be the biggest coaching for this, but having someone who understands that a team wants a player who is independent and strong, but also has the ability to fit in and work for a greater good would seem pretty important to me.

If he thinks, "if you don't like me, don't pick me," and there are two or three close to equal options that a team is thinking about, of course, as an employer, I would pick the other guy all the time!!?? This doesn't resonate for you?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If he thinks, "if you don't like me, don't pick me," and there are two or three close to equal options that a team is thinking about, of course, as an employer, I would pick the other guy all the time!!?? This doesn't resonate for you?

I remember hearing Ryan Getzlaf dropped in his draft(he was expected to go top 10) because people found he was to arrogant in his interviews. Oops

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
excellent point, nothing out of the ordinary about a cocky 18 year old stud athlete. He made such a difference for the U.S. team at the World jrs. and his confidence and grit can't be taught. The consensus is that Brady is an equally skilled, faster & better skating version of his older brother who is already a leader and huge game changer for Calgary and people don't think that warrants drafting him 4th overall? I'd do it in a heartbeat and feel great about it. I don't think there is any way he drops out of the top 5 and I'd be surprised if he doesn't go 4th.

Nothing against Walhstrom, Bouchard, Boqvist, Hughes and other guys mentioned in that range, I figure all of them will be pretty good players but having a guy like a Bertuzzi or a Matthew Tkachuk is so so valuable, its really hard to replicate any more in the NHL

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
excellent point, nothing out of the ordinary about a cocky 18 year old stud athlete. He made such a difference for the U.S. team at the World jrs. and his confidence and grit can't be taught. The consensus is that Brady is an equally skilled, faster & better skating version of his older brother who is already a leader and huge game changer for Calgary and people don't think that warrants drafting him 4th overall? I'd do it in a heartbeat and feel great about it. I don't think there is any way he drops out of the top 5 and I'd be surprised if he doesn't go 4th.

Nothing against Walhstrom, Bouchard, Boqvist, Hughes and other guys mentioned in that range, I figure all of them will be pretty good players but having a guy like a Bertuzzi or a Matthew Tkachuk is so so valuable, its really hard to replicate any more in the NHL
I love the Tkachuk's more than anybody and especially how they play the game. Saying that though I would not take Tkachuk 4th overall. That team is making a major mistake.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Except the part that he is equally skilled.

This is lik people saying Alex Nylander was bigger as skilled version as his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad