F Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
1 goal and 2 assists for Lafreniere in a 5-2 win over Blainville-Boisbrand. Zavgorodniy & Lafreniere are tearing the league up. His goal production has dropped a lot, why is that?

aigledefeu

Oct 30, 2011
quebec
1 goal and 2 assists for Lafreniere in a 5-2 win over Blainville-Boisbrand. Zavgorodniy & Lafreniere are tearing the league up. His goal production has dropped a lot, why is that?
Yeah, 6 goals that include 2 empty nets. If you don't count them, his shot % is at 7,5% compare to last year 20%. But at least he got a tons of assist to compensate.

Reactions: Jesse86436

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Probably just teams double teaming him and tightly checking him. If youre a coach heading in a game, im having the entire team make sure he doesnt score.

I watched Lafrenière against Moncton last Sunday and Seitz was glued to him all game. Lafrenière still managed 2 assists and had a pretty good game overall considering.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I watched Lafrenière against Moncton last Sunday and Seitz was glued to him all game. Lafrenière still managed 2 assists and had a pretty good game overall considering.

I remember this happening to Lemieux, the opposing team glued a guy on him. Lemieux is such a smart player, when he realized it, he started following another player from the other team everywhere. As a result, 2 players would be on him while only 3 other players were watching 4 of his teammates, including Jagr. If I'd be Alexis coach id show him the clip. One of the reason why Mario is my all-time fave.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I remember this happening to Lemieux, the opposing team glued a guy on him. Lemieux is such a smart player, when he realized it, he started following another player from the other team everywhere. As a result, 2 players would be on him while only 3 other players were watching 4 of his teammates, including Jagr. If I'd be Alexis coach id show him the clip. One of the reason why Mario is my all-time fave.

Imagine being the guy your team designated to shadow him back in his junior days, thinking if the guy has a 3 point night you've done a pretty good job shutting him down.

Back to Lafreniere, I can remember Seitz shadowing him last year in the first round and it payed off in a big way for Moncton as they upset heavily favoured Rimouski. Its something he's going to ultimately always have to deal with but he too is a smart player and should find ways to adapt.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I was disappointed in his start to the season, but good to see him picking up the pace here. hopefully he'll continue to get hotter heading into Christmas and the World Juniors and Team Canada coaches give him a role he can sink his teeth into and not assign him 4th.line 13th forward limited minutes.

Rudeboyting

Oct 31, 2018
30 points in 18 games. Around a 1.67 PPG pace.

Anyone know any cool stats relative to his points and age so far to the previous superstars from the Q (or even CHL for that matter)?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
30 points in 18 games. Around a 1.67 PPG pace.

Anyone know any cool stats relative to his points and age so far to the previous superstars from the Q (or even CHL for that matter)?

pretty much the same as Nathan MacKinnon his sophomore year. 1.70 in 44 games played. missed games due to injury and World Juniors. Lafreniere is that type of prospect.

Reactions: Rudeboyting

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Seems to be a lot less people saying they’re worried about Lafreniere now after than there was after his “slow” start. This is why sample size is important and you can’t rush to conclusions after 5 games. The kids not even really began to heat up yet and he’s already on a 113 point pace.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
pretty much the same as Nathan MacKinnon his sophomore year. 1.70 in 44 games played. missed games due to injury and World Juniors. Lafreniere is that type of prospect.

Yea his production is nearly identical to MacKinnon's both at 16 at 17 so far, but Lafreniere is a month younger so he will get an extra year.

All things considered, at 16 I liked MacKinnon a bit more in terms of pro upside, his skating was far ahead and he just took over games and really shone in the playoffs which is where I would really give NM the nod.

I would definitely say Alexis is right in that category though, and depending on the type of style you prefer one might take Lafreniere over MacKinnon at this age, but it is certainly close either way.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Yea his production is nearly identical to MacKinnon's both at 16 at 17 so far, but Lafreniere is a month younger so he will get an extra year.

All things considered, at 16 I liked MacKinnon a bit more in terms of pro upside, his skating was far ahead and he just took over games and really shone in the playoffs which is where I would really give NM the nod.

I would definitely say Alexis is right in that category though, and depending on the type of style you prefer one might take Lafreniere over MacKinnon at this age, but it is certainly close either way.

yeah, I'd take Nate ahead of Alexis as well by virtue of Nate being a center and a better skater. but I am looking forward to the day when Lafreniere lines up on Nate's LW. but that's a few years in the future.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Seems to be a lot less people saying they’re worried about Lafreniere now after than there was after his “slow” start. This is why sample size is important and you can’t rush to conclusions after 5 games. The kids not even really began to heat up yet and he’s already on a 113 point pace.

I was never worried about him, a few looks at him and you could tell he was the real deal.

i

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
should he take the Matthews route and play overseas in his draft year?

I personally like the idea of it

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
should he take the Matthews route and play overseas in his draft year?

I personally like the idea of it
Pretty sure he wouldn't be able to. He would need to go to get permission fro. The CHL and they qouldnt let him go overseas. Matthews went since for him it was either NCAA or International(with CHL being a option he wouldnt seriously ever consider)

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Pretty sure he wouldn't be able to. He would need to go to get permission fro. The CHL and they qouldnt let him go overseas. Matthews went since for him it was either NCAA or International(with CHL being a option he wouldnt seriously ever consider)

has anyone tried to do this pre-draft?

I mean many CHL players have went to europe but they did it after being drafted (Juolevi, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad