F Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Byfield has nothing on Lafreniere. Lafreniere is superior to him. Just stating the facts, people. I'd go as far as saying Lafreniere > Hughes, Matthews, Eichel, Barkov, MacKinnon etc. If you haven't heard of this guy, you're in for a surprise.

I’ve seen Lafreniere live twice, and he hasn’t impressed me.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Byfield has nothing on Lafreniere. Lafreniere is superior to him. Just stating the facts, people. I'd go as far as saying Lafreniere > Hughes, Matthews, Eichel, Barkov, MacKinnon etc. If you haven't heard of this guy, you're in for a surprise.
... By what merits?

There's a high chance he's the next Nolan Patrick IMO. But he's not even a C, so...

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I’ve seen Lafreniere live twice, and he hasn’t impressed me.

What were you looking at/evaluating?

I saw him live once and I was VERY impressed by how mature his game was for his age. Very patient with the puck, no stupid "junior" stick tricks, just smart plays all around. Good skater, very cerebral, unreal vision and exceptional skill level.

I was also impressed by him during the U18-WC and the Hlinka Cup. He is mature beyond his age and that's a big plus.

He is a huge ceiling, but I think he is also a pretty safe prospect. At worse, he'll be a very productive two-way winger, IMO. At best, he can be the best LW in the league and perhaps the best LW since Ovechkin (VERY VERY VERY different styles).

Last edited:

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Watched a few games of him this year and was absolutely impressed by his positioning on the ice. He might actually be the best prospect at finding spots on the ice to receive passes and support his team's puck carrier that I've ever seen.

Reactions: Acadien86

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Watched him play tonight, he had a pretty quiet night but it's pretty evident he's extremely talented. Set up some nice plays and can turn on a dime.

Wish I got the chance to see him more.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Just curious, why hasn't Lafreniere been given a look at Center given his hockey IQ and other skills?

SAM STEVENS

Oct 21, 2018
in U18 he looked really good I will need to watch him this year. was impressed with his vision very smart player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad