F Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Solo Cup

Jul 17, 2018
No he hasnt actually they still have to cut at least one more forward. It is like he makes the team but it isnt 100 percent yet.

Yea, at the time of that post I hadn’t read about the injury. I see no reason why he wouldn’t make the team though. As of now he is one of the most talented players on the team.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Obviously the news that it’s likely Lafreniere that gets cut if everyone gets healthy isn’t great news... also I think it’s a mistake if he does end up getting cut but I think it can put to rest some of the ideas people have on here that he’s a Crosby/McDavid/Tavares level prospect. If he was as good as those guys were at 17, he’d already have made the team.

I think he’s an elite level prospect, will be (or should be) the 1st overall pick next season and should be on the team this season but the fact he may not be is a clear sign that he’s not quite on their level as prospects.

Reactions: wishywashy19

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
There is no good reason to not take him on the team. He is better than majority of their winger. But I don't care for that tournament anyway.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
With Vilardi officially out, that means Alexis Lafrenière will be a part of the Canadian team for the WJC.

I don't think we should expect much from him just like with Dahlin 2 years ago. Making the WJC, especially with team Canada, in his D-2 is an incredible accomplishment in itself. But outside of that, I'm super excited to see him play !

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
How comparable is he to 2014 mcdavid?

One was a 16 year old, the other is a 17 year old... it’s really an apples to oranges comparison. Their numbers are comparable but again there’s a years difference in age. I’d expect Lafreniere to do something similar to what McDavid did at the WJC his first go around, 17 year olds on Team Canada historically don’t light it up unless you played as a 16 year old. He probably finishes somewhere between 4-7 points... probably won’t be a ton of ice time coming his way.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
I just heard about this guy. One of my friend told me that he is the next generational player and will be better than Crosby/McDavid/Rantanen. Is this right? I know you can't say it quite yet but what is a good comparation?

Reactions: Jesse86436

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I just heard about this guy. One of my friend told me that he is the next generational player and will be better than Crosby/McDavid/Rantanen. Is this right? I know you can't say it quite yet but what is a good comparation?

Didn't know Rantanen was considered generational. And you should stop listening to your friend's hockey "knowledge".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->