• Yaroooslav Halal

• Jimmy Vesey

• Will Cullen

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
It's very troubling. We lose Trouba for 5 minutes in "defending himself". The attacker should get 5, and Trouba should get 2 for "defending". A 3 minute difference, maybe THAT will back away some, via the COACHES demands.
OR
a double minor (instigating and fighting) and NO penalty for Trouba. (4 minutes of PP) I mean, WHY should we lose him when he didn't do anything wrong? How many times have we seen this situation NOT be called correctly? If not for the great refereeing last night, this could have went the wrong way. Fortunately, we made them PAY for stupidity.
I have always felt for a situation like this, the player getting the instigator should get 5 and the player being attacked should not get anything whether they dropped the gloves or not.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Very fun game. That said, this game is yet another one where Rangers are the better team for large stretches but stupid mistakes get compounded and then the team gets nervous and suddenly it's a 50/50 chance of winning. Need to find a way to correct this long term to contend but also for my own anxiety.

The next step for this team is to either eliminate those mistakes (Panarin and Tro penalties as 2 examples) or they need to do just be completely unfazed by them and just create the sense of inevitability out there no matter what breaks go the other way.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Meh, I'm not sold.

I wasn't thrilled with the eye test for the entire team all game, frankly, and after the hits the Flames took the lead.

Though I understand the advanced stats say that we took the game over late.

The eye test confirms basically what the stats say.

Lots of volume for Calgary.

More quality for NYR. They doubled up Calgary on high danger chances (and cashed in on HALF of them!)

The overall attempts weren't crazy lopsided, the quality attempts were (in NYR's favor.)

I'll take that kind of game every single day.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Remember how many times people told me chytil wasn’t a center? When he had literally just torn up the ahl as a toddler.

Kid just needed some time. Still a baby. Younger than Mika when he got here.

That’s why you don’t even remotely think about messing with kakko and lafreniere. Give them another year or two and they’re going to really shine.
People STILL talk about Chytil at RW.

• Haha
Reactions: bl02

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
That L must feel like a kick in the nuts to Calgary

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 11.42.57 AM.png

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
People STILL talk about Chytil at RW.
And it's obvious he's been better defensively as well at Center. That is the beauty and that is why I think GG will have to play the kid line even more. Chytil's offensive ability is closely being matched by his defensive resposibility.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
And it's obvious he's been better defensively as well at Center. That is the beauty and that is why I think GG will have to play the kid line even more. Chytil's offensive ability is closely being matched by his defensive resposibility.

Im glad someone pointed this out. Chytil was using his size on defense and backchecking well in the 3rd yesterday. Validating Gallant's trust in him, but thats the next step he has to take to reach star status. He is big and fast like Mika if we have 2 centers covering the middle ice in all the zones we are cooking with gas.

Reactions: bl02 and Greg02

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
One offseason he's going to come back and be dramatically better at faceoffs.

Reactions: bl02

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
He's ridiculously good. 2nd best center on the team right now.
Chytil needs to get better defensively and on draws first. Mika does it all. He's the first player out in every crucial situation, and it's not even close. PK, PP, OT, Shoot outs. He's the man.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Im glad someone pointed this out. Chytil was using his size on defense and backchecking well in the 3rd yesterday. Validating Gallant's trust in him, but thats the next step he has to take to reach star status. He is big and fast like Mika if we have 2 centers covering the middle ice in all the zones we are cooking with gas.
He's gonna "drag" the kid line to 1A 1B line status on this team and then hopefully we don't have to worry about Lafreniere and Kakko getting 11 min a game for good. and most importantly trusting them last in games and in overtime. they all got around 13/14 min last night. Hopefully as season goes on that's gonna be 15/16 min at ES

Reactions: Greg02

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Chytil needs to get better defensively and on draws first. Mika does it all. He's the first player out in every crucial situation, and it's not even close. PK, PP, OT, Shoot outs. He's the man.
Yeah. Mainly a joke. Although since Chytl has been with Kakko and Laf, they haven't needed to spend as much time worrying about the defensive zone.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
are NYR having a strong season?
8th overall in Pts%
7th in games over .500
7th in Reg Losses/GP

5 of the 7/6 teams ahead of them are also in the East (the top 5 overall)
which can make them seem more 'middle of the pack'
but really, only 2 teams in NHL have performed very significantly better, Boston and Carolina

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

Good. I hate electric ranges.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Another thing, it feels like the Trochek line are either the best line on the ice or the worst, no inbetween.

Last night was the latter, they turned it over constantly and Goodrow is over his head on that line. Trochek/Kreider actually pulled off some nice passes and breakouts that he never seemed to be ready for.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Can we (MSG) like, show the shot speed? Pretty please? ESPN shows it, Canadian teams' broadcasts show it. For example Chytil's first goal from the Calgary feed:

1675789697607.png

and his second:
1675789781765.png

Good but not elite speed on the shot- Franky V hit 78 I believe on one of his rippers from the slot in the playoffs and Motte hit 75 in the playoffs I believe as well, but Chytil uses a quick release and perfect placement on is first and deception and a quick release on number 2.

The more speed you get skating up ice helps as well and Chytil was 21 mph on number 1 and 22 mph on number 2, good but not elite speed there as well. Interesting things to note- you really don't need to have the best speed or best shot to be a goal scorer but they certainly help (McDavid almost on a GPG pace lol)

Reactions: TheDirtyH

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Another thing, it feels like the Trochek line are either the best line on the ice or the worst, no inbetween.

Last night was the latter, they turned it over constantly and Goodrow is over his head on that line. Trochek/Kreider actually pulled off some nice passes and breakouts that he never seemed to be ready for.

I know they seemingly have no time for Kravy, but the team would be better with him on Kreider-Trocheck's other wing and Goodrow was centering the Blais & Cuylle. Play Zac Jones over Harpur while were at it. Can we get something for Gauthier at the deadline? I feel like his skillset would have value to a team that could give him top 6 minutes.

Reactions: skipmowerman

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Lately the main thing with Chytil has been staying healthy and he has continued to struggle with that this year. Sometimes it's bad luck but overall he needs to learn to protect himself better.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yup, I had to review the text to see the full clarification.

For everyone at home, the new main component of the 'distinct kicking motion' amendment in 2019-20 was 'propelling the puck'. 'Kicking motion' was really meant to discourage goalmouth scrums where skate blades and skaters on the ice = bad news.

If the puck has velocity and is directed in, goal. If the puck is stationary and kicked into the net, or kicked and goes off anything and then into the net, no goal.
So then basically if the puck is moving you can do anything with your skate to knock it in? Why did it take them like 10 minutes then to make that call?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Meh, I'm not sold.

I wasn't thrilled with the eye test for the entire team all game, frankly, and after the hits the Flames took the lead.

Though I understand the advanced stats say that we took the game over late.
And his big hit on Kadri caused the Flames to take a penalty(again) and the Rangers scored on that PP to take a 3-2 lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad