• Yaroooslav Halal

• Jimmy Vesey

• Will Cullen

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Trouba was good with those hits, but we cannot be distracted that he still has not been good this season.
you're absolutely right, let's go back to constantly complaining about him and figuring out ways the Rangers can trade him that will never happen.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
And his big hit on Kadri caused the Flames to take a penalty(again) and the Rangers scored on that PP to take a 3-2 lead.

Ok, but that's the Flames making a bad decision.

If the Flames keep their heads instead of retaliating on a clean, legal hit, the impact of the clean, legal hit otherwise seems minimal to me.

Good to see that you finally recognize that it is happening.

I was agreeing with your statement that they kinda don't.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

If the Flames keep their heads instead of retaliating on a clean, legal hit, the impact of the clean, legal hit otherwise seems minimal to me.

The Canes lost 2 games in the playoffs against us because they took penalties directly resulting from Trouba flattening their players

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’m with you on that incident, that was an awful sequence. I get it Brady had stitches in his face and was wearing a shield but he wasn't the only one out there.

Turned my stomach seeing Hank get throttled like that.

Nothing happened in that game, but Kreider literally beat Eakin with his own helmet the next time they played.

FWIW, I had NO issue with Dube going after Trouba after he smoked Kadri. I'd want one of my guys going after someone if they hit one of my stars too. Having to fight after the hit on Dube was dumb though. It was a hard hit, but nothing crazy.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
So the reason that big hits are important is because it goads the opponent into taking dumb penalties?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I’m with you on that incident, that was an awful sequence. I get it Brady had stitches in his face and was wearing a shield but he wasn't the only one out there.

Turned my stomach seeing Hank get throttled like that.

That moment was when you knew the Lundqvist Rangers no longer had the spine to win a Cup. Rookie Vesey and multiple head injury Nash were the only guys who even looked in Eakin's direction.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
So the reason that big hits are important is because it goads the opponent into taking dumb penalties?
Big open ice hits like this cause the opponent to make poor decisions with the puck later on in the same game, you'll often see players pull up and unload a puck in a rushed decision later on in games after big hits have happened. Players are looking over their shoulders, playing with the knowledge that they could get clocked and that has an impact on your decision making and everything you do on the ice.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Big open ice hits like this cause the opponent to make poor decisions with the puck later on in the same game, you'll often see players pull up and unload a puck in a rushed decision later on in games after big hits have happened. Players are looking over their shoulders, playing with the knowledge that they could get clocked and that has an impact on your decision making and everything you do on the ice.

Look no further than the Penguins in games 5-7 last year. Their defenseman were throwing pucks all over the ice trying to avoid getting hit. We knocked Dumolin out early in the series, Marino was in the spin cycle the entire time. Even Mika's game tying goal came from Laf's physical play behind the net on Pettersson. Physical play in hockey is still an enormous factor, especially in the playoffs.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
You think Kadri would try to dipsy around Trouba ever again? Or any RD anymore? Will definitely think three times about it now, guy will have PTSD.

Reactions: will1066

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
As far as entertainment value last night's game was a blast. That said it was kind of a sloppy defensive game for us so I don't know I'd say we were at our best. Halak also has been playing well for some time but he let in a mediocre one or two. There are things from last night we need to clean up.....first game after a long layoff that's almost to be expected. A thing I liked is we didn't give up when we fell behind in the 3rd. We came back and then we won it.

The physical play was certainly welcome for me. Kadri jumped Lindgren a couple years ago. I don't mind fights but that wasn't fair and Trouba popping his helmet off his head was deserved payback AFAIC. I also don't mind players sticking up for teammates even on clean legal hits. That said being cagy about it and not putting yourself in a position to take 17 minutes (whether it's called or not) is smarter than just jumping a guy. Sometimes waiting for the next face-off is better.
I forgot why I hated Kadri. Thanks for reminding me.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Nothing happened in that game, but Kreider literally beat Eakin with his own helmet the next time they played.

FWIW, I had NO issue with Dube going after Trouba after he smoked Kadri. I'd want one of my guys going after someone if they hit one of my stars too. Having to fight after the hit on Dube was dumb though. It was a hard hit, but nothing crazy.

We're definitely on the same page with those hits last night. I'm leaning towards Dube was ok with Trouba hit on himself, but once he saw another one on his teammate he reacted. This stuff is as old as the game. (and at so many levels of it)

Last night was a great game, it had everything. Should make up for a good show when they come visit Cowtown here!

Reactions: leetch99

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
The refs last night, dare I say, were competent? Reversed the Blais penalty. Called the instigators. Even the Hanifin goal off the skate.

Someone is going to have to help me out here because that whole play is blown dead because they're calling Blais for something for his hit on Lucic. They say checking replay to determine a major penalty etc, then to Blais having the penalty completely withdrawn.

Has this happened before?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

But hitting hard and clean in the middle of the ice matters. It seems every time Trouba lays out somebody the other team retaliates and I also think it makes the other team think a little more about going in those areas. It can't hurt that's for sure.

Reactions: Riche16

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I've been really enjoying other fanbases' demonizing Trouba as this "Dirty Player" lol.. The biggest hypocrites are the penguin fans and their media, who still won't let it go, when for years they enjoyed winning cups with players like George LeRoche (spelling) and Matt "cookie" Cooke... I'm seeing alot of hate from the pretender's on L.I who signed Matt Martin and Cluttebutt, for the same purposes.

This one debbies fan posted that they need to "nut up" and sign a tough player, because Trouba is coming for J.Hughes come playoff time... great stuff.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad