• Jimmy Vesey

• Will Cullen

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Kreider still public enemy number 1 in Montreal lol, he scored against them on a breakaway this year and some of them in their GDT were like 'of course it has to be him'

I have hab fan friends that simply can't resist bringing that up no matter the hockey conversation. It all goes back to Kreider. It's pretty awful. Thankfully I know a very select few who are more level headed.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Ok, but that's the Flames making a bad decision.

If the Flames keep their heads instead of retaliating on a clean, legal hit, the impact of the clean, legal hit otherwise seems minimal to me.

I was agreeing with your statement that they kinda don't.

Maybe after you watch a couple more games.

Last edited:
Reactions: NikC

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Look no further than the Penguins in games 5-7 last year. Their defenseman were throwing pucks all over the ice trying to avoid getting hit. We knocked Dumolin out early in the series, Marino was in the spin cycle the entire time. Even Mika's game tying goal came from Laf's physical play behind the net on Pettersson. Physical play in hockey is still an enormous factor, especially in the playoffs.
TSN Turning Points in series....hit on Crosby and the hit on Jarvis.....won us two series . With that said....it is a given that Trouba will have to fight Lucic in the Calgary home game upcoming . They will have last change and he won't be able to avoid it . Only saving grace is that one of Blais who will also be on the Lucy hit list and Cuylee or Harpur go with him first . Make no mistake....that game likely will be even more physical then this one was . Everybody should be prepared to back one another up when it arises....team toughness and jump the nearest Flame like the Flames did ...stick to face Zadorov and Weegar jumped and popped Cuylee blindsided IMO . I was told Zadarov cross checked somebody in the face in that scrum but I did not see it......anyone ???? We have other guys that can look after themselves in Schneider-Goodrow but it would be tough having every Dman in the box for 5-10 minutes . I would not mind adding Schenn this week and bumping Harpur .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Someone is going to have to help me out here because that whole play is blown dead because they're calling Blais for something for his hit on Lucic. They say checking replay to determine a major penalty etc, then to Blais having the penalty completely withdrawn.

Has this happened before?
LOL...it likely saved Blais from getting the snot beat out of him . Lucic was MAD...but he also though he had gained a 5 minute PP for his club and did not start a retaliatory scrap with Blais but just waved good bye to him instead as he thought he was tossed out ......that worked out very well for Blais ......maybe not so much next game though when Flames have last change . It should be a full house . It will be a late game for me to stay up for....but I will do my best !

Reactions: Unpredictable1

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
So I get all that but to eventually come out of it with no penalty on the play, really not sure I've witnessed that before...normally see a minor still called.

I was happy too that they wiped it off the board, heck I thought it was clean in real time-live! lol
Your best bet is to check the Penguin groups.....they would be the team that gets those type of calls is a given LOL.....you might find your answer then.

• Haha

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I have hab fan friends that simply can't resist bringing that up no matter the hockey conversation. It all goes back to Kreider. It's pretty awful. Thankfully I know a very select few who are more level headed.
They have themselves convinced that they were going anywhere if Price didn't get hurt.

Tokarski kept them in that series.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I have always felt for a situation like this, the player getting the instigator should get 5 and the player being attacked should not get anything whether they dropped the gloves or not.
Once upon a time, 3rd man in got a GAME misconduct, didn't they? Who cares if the other team loses a player (he might be a hit man for all we know). Make that team PAY with the other team getting substantial penalty time. Then, Trouba or anybody else for that matter, wouldnt have to get "mugged" as often as they do.

Btw, I GET why a player would do that (looks good, as in "good teammate". But what it really comes down to it......it's totally unfair for Trouba to "have to" fight. What if he breaks his hand because of it?

Reactions: skipmowerman

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Totally. Exciting to see this from Chytil and the other two kids. That pass from Kakko on his first goal was so nice. Let them get the easier matchups this year, they'll feast.
Think that might be WHY GG hasn't given them line 2. It's a matter of confidence for the kids, right? They'll be #2 when they are ready as a group (Not just Chytil and Kaapo)
Also, that pass you spoke of reminds me of Stepan to Kreider off the wall. It was a "thing". Hope they make it a "thing" as well.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
TSN Turning Points in series....hit on Crosby and the hit on Jarvis.....won us two series . With that said....it is a given that Trouba will have to fight Lucic in the Calgary home game upcoming . They will have last change and he won't be able to avoid it . Only saving grace is that one of Blais who will also be on the Lucy hit list and Cuylee or Harpur go with him first . Make no mistake....that game likely will be even more physical then this one was . Everybody should be prepared to back one another up when it arises....team toughness and jump the nearest Flame like the Flames did ...stick to face Zadorov and Weegar jumped and popped Cuylee blindsided IMO . I was told Zadarov cross checked somebody in the face in that scrum but I did not see it......anyone ???? We have other guys that can look after themselves in Schneider-Goodrow but it would be tough having every Dman in the box for 5-10 minutes . I would not mind adding Schenn this week and bumping Harpur .

All but certain I'll be at the game when they play here, and I think you're right - Lucic will be breathing fire (pardon the pun lol). I agree with you that this should be a wild one physically. Hopefully I can get lower bowl tickets.

Off topic but the wife and I have had an uncanny ability to run into Sam and Joe at the Saddledome a few times in previous games before the pandemic. They always take a moment for a quick chat.

Reactions: leetch99

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
They have themselves convinced that they were going anywhere if Price didn't get hurt.

Tokarski kept them in that series.

They probably get swept if Price doesn't get hurt.

He and the rest of the Habs had the luckiest series of all time the one prior. They were fortunate that they went 6 with us.

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
Not really. The reason we won the cup was because of Messier, Leetch, Graves, Richter, and Zubov although everybody played a part. There aren't 3 people in the entire league who hit like Trouba. He's a master of those clean, vicious open ice hits.
The only reason they were able to play their games at the highest level was the responsibilities these role players filled so that messier, Leetch, etc did not have to drop the gloves or do all the hitting themselves..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad