Expansion draft thread

Discussion in 'Seattle' started by Larkin1578, Dec 4, 2018.

1. gstommylee

gstommylee Registered User

There are probably other teams that have better 1 to 2 string goalie pair that we can take 1 from.

2. Interior Cascadian

Interior Cascadian Registered User

Environmental Scientist
    I'm keeping a close eye on how Markstrom does in Vancouver this year. His contract will be up after this season and as of now Demko is still expected to take the reigns from him at some point. Demko becomes an RFA after 2020-21, so I'm curious who Vancouver decides to protect in the expansion draft.

3. Cogburn

Cogburn Registered User

I'm concerned with our D as well. Myers, Edler (UFA), Stecher(due a new contract), Hughes and hopefully one more like Juolevi or a new acquisition in the mix...we could Seattle get a very good player, as opposed to Sbisa.

FacepalmBenning likes this.
  4. FacepalmBenning

FacepalmBenning Fleeing Utica as I type this

I'd be surprised if Vancouver didn't make Markstrom a priority as he had flashes of looking like a top ten goalie last season and putting it together for the first time in his career. Demko isn't a certainty yet as he had a couple of games where he got lit up last season. But given Canucks General Manager Jim Benning, I'm sure the Canucks will make the dumbest move possible which hopefully Seattle will capitalize on.

Hopefully Seattle can build from the net out. That Vegas draft was once in a life time but hopefully Francis surrounds himself with the right group to make a killing like McPhee and Vegas did.

Interior Cascadian and Cogburn like this.
  5. LadyStanley

LadyStanley Registered User

2021 Expansion Draft

After the spate of early July signings, I've updated my notes on the Sharks expansion draft possibilities.

Still a whole bunch of players with expiring contracts next summer with unknown future (who might or might not be re-signing with organization), so unknown potential availables/exposed.

All players starting their ELS (actually playing on it, not sliding a year) this season will still be exempt. (And there are still all the unsigned prospects and college kids; plus 2020 draftees and free agent rookie signings.)

For the VGK expansion draft, the Sharks actually signed a defenseman and forward to 2-year deals the summer before the expansion draft on the assumption that they'd be exposed. (Schlemko and Boedker; Schlemko was selected in the expansion draft.)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  6. VanillaCoke

VanillaCoke Registered User

Hoping for markstrom or Georgiev but I would be shocked if NYR didn't protect him