HF Habs: Expansion Draft 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would lose Juulsen before Mete.

If you're protecting Brook and Weber, that's your two top RD, why expend Mete as one of the few viable LD options when Juulsen is your third pairing RD?

Ideally you'd get ahead of it and move Juulsen to a team that doesn't have three guys worth protecting on the back end.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

If you're protecting Brook and Weber, that's your two top RD, why expend Mete as one of the few viable LD options when Juulsen is your third pairing RD?

Ideally you'd get ahead of it and move Juulsen to a team that doesn't have three guys worth protecting on the back end.

We don't need to protect Brook.

So it's between Weber, Mete, Juulsen, Fleury right now. The rest are not on the team right now ;) or aren't signed.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Petry's NMC is now modified. Starting 2018-19, lists 15 teams he can not be traded to.
No trade contracts and no move contracts are two different things. Petry's NMC lasts for the duration of the contract, but for the final 3 years his No trade contract is turned into 15 teams.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

I guess it depends if Mete gets better or not because right now Juuls is way ahead of him in terms of development imo.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Brook, Poehling & Suzuki will have 2 pro-seasons so he doesn't need to be protected in 2021. It's when a player has played a 3rd season.

The expansion is in 3 years. If those guys play in the nhl/ahl next season, they will have 3 years of pro experience when the expansion happens

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
That should weigh heavily in our decision to play them or not. We can stand to lose an Armia or lehkonen, but not a real offensive gem.

If the win now mentality persists, I doubt that expansion draft considerations will receive the priority and long term planning they deserve.

Reactions: 26Mats

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I guess it depends if Mete gets better or not because right now Juuls is way ahead of him in terms of development imo.

Meh, I don't agree really. I think they both have issues they need to work on and Juulsen should be paired with Mete in the AHL right now.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Meh, I don't agree really. I think they both have issues they need to work on and Juulsen should be paired with Mete in the AHL right now.
So you think Mete is ahead of Juulsen right now, huh. Not many are of the same thinking, but that doesn't mean you're wrong.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Cut and paste from CapFriendly.
I wasn't saying what you were saying was incorrect, but rather your intent of the sharing of that information.
Re-reading, not sure what your message was behind your comment. Were you saying that in reference to the fact that it'd be hard to trade him? Or that since the contract changes he wouldn't need to be protected?

(His contract ends before the expansion draft so it doesn't matter anyway).
Nonetheless, if his contract lasted 1 more year he would still need to be protected. If you knew that, just ignore me!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Hopefully we'll have a competent GM in place well before the expansion draft to avoid the same idiotic mistakes we made last time around

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Oh, then that means we wont need to protect Poehling, Brook and Suzuki?
If we sign Poehling 1 game before the end of the year and he plays that 1 game, would that count? Same thing with Brook and Suzuki for the AHL if their teams don't go far. Suzuki has played 1 AHL game.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
So pretty much, as it stands now, the only player that we could lose which would suck for us is Fleury.

We wont need to protect Brook. So the 3 D protected will be Weber, Juulsen, Mete

Reactions: dralaf

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
So looking at it now, it might have been better to have let Fleury play another year in junior

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I wasn't saying what you were saying was incorrect, but rather your intent of the sharing of that information.
Re-reading, not sure what your message was behind your comment. Were you saying that in reference to the fact that it'd be hard to trade him? Or that since the contract changes he wouldn't need to be protected?

(His contract ends before the expansion draft so it doesn't matter anyway).
Nonetheless, if his contract lasted 1 more year he would still need to be protected. If you knew that, just ignore me!

Nah, I actually meant that having 16 teams to trade Petry to isn't a terrible hardship.

I'd expect both Petry and Weber to be gone prior to the ED; assuming that a new GM will be in place sooner than later.

Reactions: Yoshidas Island
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad