HF Habs: Expansion Draft 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
:laugh:

I was awaiting your answer to elaborate and point out that while Vasilevski is absolutely great, he not only has the best offense in the league to support him but also one of the top 3 defense in the league in front... Swap Price and Vasilevski and Tampa is as strong if not stronger with Price in net while it would be interesting to see how Vasilevski handle to be relied on every nights to win games...

Price is no contest a top 3 goaltender in this league and its not even debatable...

Andersen... :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: No More Subban

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Puck

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
NHLPA Player Poll 2017-18

Keep laughing... And players were asked about the matter during that desastrous season the Habs and Price were having...

Before that sucky season, Price was ranked no.1 among goaltenders by NHL.com

Top 10 NHL Goaltenders
It's 2019 now... Price is certainly still a top 10 caliber goalie who can win you a cup, but he isn't the best goalie in the world anymore. Accept it.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
It's 2019 now... Price is certainly still a top 10 caliber goalie who can win you a cup, but he isn't the best goalie in the world anymore. Accept it.

He still is, look at his stats in 2019, only Vasilevski has better numbers while his team is having a +80 differential and the Habs are +3, what proves how dominant Price really is..

Edit: Also, if 41% of the NHL players thought Price was still the toughest goaltender to face after a such disastrous season, just imagine now that he is back in beast mode...

As for Andersen, He is very good and is easily a top 10 goaltender in the league, but still, he isnt close to Price level of greatness...

Last edited:

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He still is, look at his stats in 2019, only Vasilevski has better numbers while his team is having a +80 differential while the Habs are +3, what proves how dominant Price really is..
I can’t speak to other divisions, but both Andersen and Vasi have been better than Price for the last couple of years.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I can’t speak to other divisions, but both Andersen and Vasi have been better than Price for the last couple of years.
They have been better for the simple reason that their roster is much better than ours... Still, Bolts differential this year +81, Leafs differential +40 Habs differential +7... Put Price in Bolts' net or in Leafs net and put Vasilevski or Andersen in Habs net and thats a total different story... Price will prove his real value to everyone as the team gets better, for now, he is making an average team a playoffs one giving his team a chance to win every nights...

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
They have been better for the simple reason that their roster is much better than ours... Still, Bolts differential this year +81, Leafs differential +40 Habs differential +7... Put Price in Bolts' net or in Leafs net and put Vasilevski or Andersen in Habs net and thats a total different story... Price will prove his real value to everyone as the team gets better, for now, he is making an average team a playoffs one giving his team a chance to win every nights...
Leafs D is worse than ours... Andersen has been incredible for them, arguably their MVP

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Leafs D is worse than ours... Andersen has been incredible for them, arguably their MVP
No question that Anderssen is good, just not Price level of greatness, who also is by far our MVP every seasons... While I agree the Leafs have a couple of defensemen at risks with questionnable IQ, they still can move the puck and be effective in transition, what helps their skilled fowards to get the puck and fly... While their D is below average, they have ton of firepower up front, thats not comparable to the Habs, their skilled fowards can hurt you anytime and thats a big advantage for a goalie...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Certainly not when it comes to playoffs or his statistics.
Still, you have to considere the team he has in front, what was total crap last year and only decent this year... Price will prove his dominant status to everyone only when this team reaches the next level, right now, you cant ask for better performances and more reliability from a goaltender and still, some clueless fans just cant appreciate it and find ways to denigrate him...

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
In his age 20/21 season? Possible and I think we would be ecstatic if that happened. I think Brook might be a goon one too.

- Brook is our version of Joisi
- Romanov is our version of Subban
- We would still have Weber (Age 35), Petry (Age 33)
- Mete would be 22
- Juulsen would be 23
- Fleury would be 22

Maybe, just maybe, the 20/21 season might be our best Habs roster we seen in decades.

We can only protect 3 D's, Seattle will get either Mete, Juulsen or Fleury.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I doubt Petry is still around and Weber will be 35 earning 8.7 mil per season. Why protect either?

I can’t predict the future so I have to go with what we have now and how that might change in 2 years.

There’s no indication that Weber won’t still be our best D or at least top 3 D. Petry seems to have found his stride and is still relatively young so I don’t see him going anywhere either. That leaves the unknown of will we finally get a top 2-3 LD and/or will Mete step up to the next level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad