Saginaw Spirit 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
I don't know why the OHL is scheduled
back to back games instead of giving the teams a couple days rest between games. Next week is another back to back for games 6 and 7 on Sunday and Monday should the series go that far.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Sim with a spear after the period ends. Can we expect a suspension?

(Am I doing this right?)
Biggest issue I had was Ref crew SCREAMING at Dionicio to get up… dirty play by Sim after the whistle. You don’t wanna call it? Fine. Even if it was embellished, wrong for a ‘vet’ ref to be yelling at a kid… who could’ve been hurt

Reactions: All the Answers

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Typically Knights deciding to play "Hunter Hockey" by gooning it up when trailing. Great 2nd Period by the Spirit. Zayne Parekh's presence has pretty much woke this team up. Hope the Spirit keep this effort up in the 3rd period and beware of the Knights as they are a team that doesn't quit even when they are trailing.
The Boultons sure are getting lots of ice time now….lol.

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Great win by Sprit. Glad to the see the fight in this team. I wonder what happened to those so called Knights fans on the Knights and Spirit fan pages on FB who said that they are going to sweep the Spirit...😂😂😂

Reactions: bobber

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Great game tonight by the Spirit... Now we have a series. Puck possession, shots favoured the Spirit. And, yes, when the Knights don't dominate teams with their skill and win games, they resort to the hacking and whacking. I was just surprised that Hunter turned to that well known game plan with lots of time remaining in the 3rd.

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Great game tonight by the Spirit... Now we have a series. Puck possession, shots favoured the Spirit. And, yes, when the Knights don't dominate teams with their skill and win games, they resort to the hacking and whacking. I was just surprised that Hunter turned to that well known game plan with lots of time remaining in the 3rd.
Dale isn't just teaching the Knight players to be pro stars when they make it to the NHL but to goon it up just like his NHL days. I still won't forget that heinous cross check that he put on Pierre Turgeon in the 1993 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I was a bit surprised too. It was clear that was coming as soon as Simpson left, which was surprising to me as well with the time left.

The longer this goes, I think the less it favors London. Spirit are beat up… but IMO Oke is a few levels beyond lalonde.. I would’ve put all cylinders forward to try and get that 3-1 lead. I think winner of the west wins the O… this is THE series.

Let’s go spirit!

Reactions: Finster8

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Knowing what little I know...........
2 prong response........
1) not happy with his own squads play n effort so let the top players sit n watch a bit ( yea easier when up in a series)
2) send a message about ref baiting or embellishment
All in all no throwing broken sticks in the direction of officials, no spitting on players and no embellishment calls looking for officials help so I'm OK with the "Hanson bros" getting a few minutes here. It didn't cross the line.
Wanna play the game, ya might have to answer at some
Saginaw has a talented team. Well earned W. And they won't go away. Wednesday should be fun also.
Congrats, big W Saginaw fans.

Reactions: sbpointer

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Dale isn't just teaching the Knight players to be pro stars when they make it to the NHL but to goon it up just like his NHL days. I still won't forget that heinous cross check that he put on Pierre Turgeon in the 1993 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Wasnt a heinous cross check. It was a punch when Turgeon was a few feet from the boards. Same effect though.

Yeah, London reverted to shenanigans. I'm not really proud of that but it didn't cross the line.

Well deserved win by the Spirit. Looking fotward to Wednesday.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Any other Knights fans wake up with Whitney Houston stuck in their head this morning??
Great bounce back game by Saginaw last night. Looks like now we have the series we all expected...

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Can't wait for the teams from other leagues to come in and go "what the heck" when Whitney starts playing.
Haha I think it's great! Definately unique choice. It's pretty cool with the light show.
Is there a story there? Did the players choose it?

I'd prefer to experience it a bit less tomorrow night though...

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Haha I think it's great! Definately unique choice. It's pretty cool with the light show.
Is there a story there? Did the players choose it?

I'd prefer to experience it a bit less tomorrow night though...
Edit: maybe wasn’t the players pick but is still a fun little gimmick for the fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbpointer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad