Status
Not open for further replies.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
Right now the 2 players ultra confirmed is

Drieger in Florida
Kerfoor in Toronto

They are obvious lock in but that's the only 2 that got ''leaked'' yet.

I really hope they keep it secret.

Just a few posts above there's a video showing McCann is selected. Nothing confirmed for Kerfoot yet, though it's quite possibly their pick. They just made several takes with several players.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Hope Price stays, would be sad to see him leave this team. I get that the cap space can be appealing, but I’m not one to care about players salaries. For now it doesn’t matter that he is making 10 millions a year and in a few years he might be on permanent LTIR

Would be disappointed to see him leave, really the end of an era. We’ll see what happens today. Interesting week for sure

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anybody do the mock draft and tinker with potential cap space? With our without Price?

I actually hope they take him cause it looks like Price's idea so let them have him and he can be exposed with high danger shots. Good luck with marketing then cause the honeymoon turns nightmare in less than a year.

What would it take to trade for Fleury?

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Just a few posts above there's a video showing McCann is selected. Nothing confirmed for Kerfoot yet, though it's quite possibly their pick. They just made several takes with several players.

Honestly felt like Kerfoot was the Leafs best center during the the play offs. Leafs fans want him to be picked to free some cap but he brings a lot of depth to that team.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
We have 0 impact D rookies, if we're drafting we'll need to draft 2 to 3 wingers and 1-2 dman. It's not gonna be fast.

I see you know nothing about our prospect pool.

Romanov, Guhle and Norlinder

2022 and 2023 are very good drafts

Before you tell me Romanov is not an impact D rookie, you would not have believed Markov was impactful for 2 seasons either. Romanov was in our finishing top 6 in his rookie season, he'll get in the top 4 at least.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Expansion draft day!

Could be interesting for us...but probably won't be :laugh:

Exactly..

Expect a lot of Seattle posturing to try to get MB to pony up assets.. and in the end..

"From the Montreal Canadiens.... Brett Kulak"

the real thing I'm scared about is Montreal having interest in Ristolainen, who is completely trash, and the asking price being a 1st and prospect. That would be a horrendous move.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Exactly..

Expect a lot of Seattle posturing to try to get MB to pony up assets.. and in the end..

the real thing I'm scared about is Montreal having interest in Ristolainen, who is completely trash, and the asking price being a 1st and prospect. That would be a horrendous move.

It’ll be Kulak, I’m sure of it. He’s the only player on the list with value if they want to flip him down the road.

I mean, it’s possible they take Price, but yeah, they aren’t.

Which is why they will shock the world and pick Fleury :sarcasm:

Reactions: V13 and Tuggy

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Take of the day....there is no way that we leave Danault go without having some Q guys coming in. So I'm expecting to see Gourde being picked up by the Kraken...and then be traded to us in return for a prospect and our 1st rounder.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
If I’m Seattle, I make a splash and pick Price.

biggest name from arguably the biggest team. … the marketing possibilities!

gio and price as the leadership group to kick start the team.

if rumours of communication between team and agent are true, they most likely discussing his interest in moving.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Ew, why would Seattle pick Kerfoot over McCann? That’s stupid. Toronto doesn’t even want Kerfoot lol.

Btw, watch us pay a 1st + good prospect to “keep Price”. That would be the absolute worst.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Take of the day....there is no way that we leave Danault go without having some Q guys coming in. So I'm expecting to see Gourde being picked up by the Kraken...and then be traded to us in return for a prospect and our 1st rounder.
I really hope the team doesn't feel the need to rush and overpay for a local person.

Reactions: Tuggy

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Ew, why would Seattle pick Kerfoot over McCann? That’s stupid. Toronto doesn’t even want Kerfoot lol.

Btw, watch us pay a 1st + good prospect to “keep Price”. That would be the absolute worst.
They said dont bite on leaks. They will should many different names to get ready for today. It’ll be chaotic day.

agree about McCann pick

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honestly felt like Kerfoot was the Leafs best center during the the play offs. Leafs fans want him to be picked to free some cap but he brings a lot of depth to that team.

Kerfoot was exposed. He may look good cause he skates well but he has flaws and the Habs exposed them! Corsi at 44.3% in the playoffs with about 55% of his starts in the D zone. He's overrated and not true center. Not anymore valuable than Byron

They want Kerfoot taken badly. Not because they hate him, but more about cap space. But he is easily replaceable

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Agreed. I think I would take Dermott. He's a soft guy on D but a decent puck mover and can plan on their PP. Good AAV for two years and at age 24, he might mature even more with a new coach.

That would sting the Leafs IMO. A value contract taken away and another guy they got to replace on D while they are stuck with Kerfoot and very little cap room

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Kerfoot was exposed. He may look good cause he skates well but he has flaws and the Habs exposed them! Corsi at 44.3% in the playoffs with about 55% of his starts in the D zone. He's overrated and not true center. Not anymore valuable than Byron

They want Kerfoot taken badly. Not because they hate him, but more about cap space. But he is easily replaceable
I thought Kerfoot looked really good against the habs and did a good job at covering for Tavares. I always felt like he was a thread on the ice and played well defensively.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Exactly..

Not sure if this tweet is true but...:laugh:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I really hope the team doesn't feel the need to rush and overpay for a local person.

Our 1st is basically an early 2nd....

Depends on which prospect...

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I thought Kerfoot looked really good against the habs and did a good job at covering for Tavares. I always felt like he was a thread on the ice and played well defensively.

It appears that way cause he is a good skater. But when you dig deep, his corsi sucks and so does his giveaways/60 mins. There is a reason why you see him in every trade idea from the Leafs. He's no more valuable than Byron and I would pick Byron over him. Call me bias but the numbers support it

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

That would be really good for us, Gourde is a solid Danault replacement as a middle six center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad