HF Habs: Expansion Draft 2021 Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1- Primeau is not guaranteed he'll be ready in 1-2-3 years....or ever for that matter. Planning on whishful thinking is not reality. He's not even really good in the AHL so far, so let's for that to happens before painting him as a NHL goalie because some "nostradamus" of the prospect thinks he will be......especially since they have been mostly wrong about Habs prospect.

2- What would be my plan in the eventually of losing Price? Well if it was me I would resign before making a fool of myself even more trying to explain that to the fan base!

Fleury won't soften the blow, it will make it worst.

The only positive about Price gone, it's the money it saves. Now giving assets AND giving mostly all that savings to another older goalie who, if we used the same comparaison as Price, had one good season in the last 3....that would make things worst.

I'm not on your narrative waive. Sorry. We disagree. I'd consider Fleury for one year depending on cost and I would also consider Anderson as another option and might sign him to 2-3 years depending on what he is asking for.

As far as Primeau, adding Fleury helps cause he stays in the AHL to work on his game. We would know more in a year. That was the point but I bet you think I think he is the next star in net for us. Not what I said

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
So here's what's worrying me this morning re. price if they're grabbing Oleksiak and Larsson, there taking a page out of our book and building a big D to protect him the same way we did this past year and taking the drieger pick the same way we were with allen

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Geez...they are dumb to sign players UFA, they should have wait until 28 and pick another player. :sarcasm:

Can't believe I've spent the last 24 hours arguing with people that this is the way to go if you want a player like Danault.....but no, I was an idiot for thinking it was possible for Seattle to sign players for their picks!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Geez...they are dumb to sign players UFA, they should have wait until 28 and pick another player. :sarcasm:

Can't believe I've spent the last 24 hours arguing with people that this is the way to go if you want a player like Danault.....but no, I was an idiot for thinking it was possible for Seattle to sign players for their picks!

Player has to be willing to sign. How do you know they didn't try already with Danault? You make it sound like they would be forced to sign?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Take of the day....there is no way that we leave Danault go without having some Q guys coming in. So I'm expecting to see Gourde being picked up by the Kraken...and then be traded to us in return for a prospect and our 1st rounder.
I'd be very upset with such a move.

As much as I like Gourde, letting Danault walk and then spending heavy assets on a replacement, who is not likely to be part of the future core, is a poor asset management, especially since a stop gap like Bonino would cost nothing and we can shower him with gold on a short term deal.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
So here's what's worrying me this morning re. price if they're grabbing Oleksiak and Larsson, there taking a page out of our book and building a big D to protect him the same way we did this past year and taking the drieger pick the same way we were with allen

It's not our book....it's the NHL book. We were not the only team build like that.
Big D on Tampa, Big D on Vegas....

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Player has to be willing to sign. How do you know they didn't try already with Danault? You make it sound like they would be forced to sign?

Hell no I'm not sure they would pick him but if there's one player they could take fomr the Habs the would be even more useful to them than Price, it's Danault.....but it was impossible for them to do so, that would be dumb according to many of you, "Why would they sign a player now when they could sign him a week later" many of you told me.

I still think the best move for them is to pick Danault.
Who will be their top center this year? Domi and Kerfoot?
Take Price all you want, you won't win many games if that's your top 2 center.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hell no I'm not sure they would pick him but if there's one player they could take fomr the Habs the would be even more useful to them than Price, it's Danault.....but it was impossible for them to do so, that would be dumb according to many of you, "Why would they sign a player now when they could sign him a week later" many of you told me.

I still think the best move for them is to pick Danault.
Who will be their top center this year? Domi and Kerfoot?
Take Price all you want, you won't win many games if that's your top 2 center.

Their best move is to pick Danault but only if he is willing to sign. All signs point to Danault testing the market

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's our book....it's the NHL book. We were not the only team build like that.
Big D on Tampa, Big D on Vegas....

Big D but it's got to be mobile. Not Alzner types. Habs D was more mobile than they get credit for but they just are not puck movers (aside from Petry). Chairot's puck moving is actually underrated as well. Don't confuse underrated with elite either cause I bet you try

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Seattle are taking Price after speaking with his agent and then trade him to Colorado while retaining 3M in exchange of Kadri + Newhook. Colorado then sign Danault 6 years at 5.5M.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle are taking Price after speaking with his agent and then trade him to Colorado while retaining 3M in exchange of Kadri + Newhook. Colorado then sign Danault 6 years at 5.5M.
That's an ugly Danault contract.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Their best move is to pick Danault but only if he is willing to sign. All signs point to Danault testing the market

Of course and he might want to test the market.

But we know he's looking for a good contract and a place that he will get his top 6 minutes, he wants a big role......There's no better place for both than Seattle.

Most teams Danault is a 3rd line center, he's got a couple where he'll be a middle 6 center....but top center, not many teams can offer him that.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Nope. Price said he wouldn't waive his NMC if Seattle took him.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Price would need to agree to go to the avs (NMC), and the narrative sor far is really family and Seattle.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

Why wouldn't the Habs do this instead??

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I just bet 100$ on Kulak being picked. Worse come to worst, I lose 100$. If I'm right, I get a 500$ profit. More than worth it.

P.S. No, I'm not a gambling addict. I never bet. Just wanted to make my night a bit funnier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad