HF Habs: Expansion Draft 2021 Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
The lack 8 weeks have been...well, memorable!
The last year-ish (going back to the Pens Play-ins) has been completely crazy for Habs fans… so much stuff happened both positive and negative.

I"m goona jump in too.....If Montreal doesn't win the Cup in 2050 , I will quit Hfboards
I like that you decided in 2050 and not by 2050… very specific :laugh:

If Seattle selects McNiven tomorrow I’m done with HFHabs :sarcasm:

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
...Colorado or traded to Seattle AFTER the draft at 25-35% retention...
No one is taking Price before he recovers from his potential surgery and shows he can still perform at an elite level. And he won’t even be able to show that unless we make the playoffs since that appears to be the only time Price decides to turn on nowadays. So Price is likely not going anywhere

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
It’s literally impossible that Price waives the NMC if he ends up in Seattle. Even if he leaves us, he’s still got love for the homies. C’mon, we pretty much raised the guy.

Big day as a Habs fan, I personally want him to stay, but if he ends up in Seattle then I’ll cheer for him there.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Both ways would make sense

Seattle takes Price because hes a well known superstar becomes the face of the franchise and jersey sells explode

Will help the team compete and attract UFAs

Seattle doesnt take Price because hes getting older has a big contract and has been dealing with injuries the past few years

You guys dont need to laugh/blast eachother for having different opinions

Personally i dont think Seattle takes him but woudlnt be surprised if they did

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I want the Kraken to take Price, it will ends an era but with Weber possibly out + Drouin Danault Tatar out it will free up around 30M then we can slowly rebuild the D and add some quality wingers to our young center depth. I have not doubt Primeau will take over the starting job in 2-3 years.

LeGarsDuCable

Sep 17, 2020
I want the Kraken to take Price, it will ends an era but with Weber possibly out + Drouin Danault Tatar out it will free up around 30M then we can slowly rebuild the D and add some quality wingers to our young center depth. I have not doubt Primeau will take over the starting job in 2-3 years.

another 10+ years rebuilding, rinse and repeat!

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
We have 0 impact D rookies, if we're drafting we'll need to draft 2 to 3 wingers and 1-2 dman. It's not gonna be fast.

Dont need necessarily impact D to have a good D corp. Guhle Harris Norlinder Struble coming up and also Fleury Brook could have a taste of the NHL next year. As for the wingers you can easily pick up 2 good ones on the FA market.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Back when Vegas had their expansion draft, did any of their picks leak the morning/afternoon of?
Talking heads said Seattle setup is silo’d - ownership & analytics have provided their inputs to hockey Ops but there is to be no other cross dialog w Francis and his top hockey Ops brass for fear of leaks, they are empowered to make the final decisions.

So the leaks we’re witnessing have been strategically planted

Reactions: gregvb

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
"We really want Carey Price. We really, really do. He's a star player."

"But we will approach you to see if we can extract something from you for not selecting the player you could have easily kept. That's how much we want him."

Yeah, enjoy Kulak Seattle.

The fact that they're extremely tight lipped about every selection except this tells me they have motive for leaking the Price stuff. Come on, not one leak (except the free agent signing of Driedge probably leaked by his agent) but miraculously several "leaks" about Price? Yeah, sure.

Reactions: Archijerej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad