HF Habs: Expansion Draft 2021 Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Driedger is not actually officially signed yet. Even if he was, I doubt they'll put their hopes all on a goalie that's a backup. My gut feeling is that Price wants to go there and is already aware from speaking to Francis that it's what's going to happen. MB is also aware and probably has a deal with them to pick a backup goalie for Allen and make a trade. All this to accommodate Price. I think he's sick of playing in MTL with all the media and fans (and saw what happened to Drouin) and wants to finish his career closer to home. Just a gut feeling. Also don't buy this coincidence that they're visiting family right now of all times.

A bakc-up goalie for Allen?
Allen IS a back up goalie.

Reactions: dinodebino

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
What makes you think that the son will be any better then Rėjean?
Rejean was a beer salesman before he became GM. He was extremely ill qualified and had no relevant experience for the job. JF has been a head coach at the junior level and assistant coach at the AHL level for many years before he became head coach at the AHL level. He is qualified for the job. The fact that Rejean sucked as GM over 20 years ago has absolutely no bearing on whether JF will be a good head coach now.

Reactions: dinodebino

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Anybody do the mock draft and tinker with potential cap space? With our without Price?

I actually hope they take him cause it looks like Price's idea so let them have him and he can be exposed with high danger shots. Good luck with marketing then cause the honeymoon turns nightmare in less than a year.

What would it take to trade for Fleury?

Let's give away our 10,5M goalie who's getting old asnd give asset to an older 7M goalie who's tendency to give up softies is worst than Price........

Good plan!!!

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
A bakc-up goalie for Allen?
Allen IS a back up goalie.

What I meant is to play alongside him, like a 1.a 1.b type thing. If all those players are leaving, they won't go out and get a real starter, they'll go with Allen and say they have confidence in him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Let's give away our 10,5M goalie who's getting old asnd give asset to an older 7M goalie who's tendency to give up softies is worst than Price........

Good plan!!!

Fleury is a good goalie and it's only 1 year to buy time for Primeau to join Allen the following year. Softens the blow with Price gone. I do think it's a decent plan depending on cost to acquire.

What's your plan Einstein?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
We're talking about getting Gourde for our 1st and a prospect not for protecting CP.

Gourde?
We already have Gallagher, Caufield and Byron...Enough with smurfs.
Some are good and it's okay to have a couple, but 4 is pushing it.

Not to mention that some of our prospects are also on the small side.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
But why??? IF ROn Francis is asking for something to not take Price... its because he s to afraid of that contract

I was talking about a totally separate trade for Yanne Gourde, nothing to do with who they select from us.

But it would be weird to walk away from phil over 500k only to give up good asserts to get 5'9 Gourde, who makes 5.1M and is debatable a little better than phil.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
Fleury is a good goalie and it's only 1 year to buy time for Primeau to join Allen the following year. Softens the blow with Price gone. I do think it's a decent plan depending on cost to acquire.

I'd agree with this. Fleury would be cheap also cause Vegas wants to clear cap space. It's just one year. Fleury/Allen tandem would be solid.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
I have been scoffing at the idea Seattle will select Price this entire time.

Woke up this morning and I have a strange feeling they actually will. We'll see tonight.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Great moves by Seattle. Two good dmen. Smart to get jump on ufa's with all their cap space, instead of waiting.

The Knights weren't able to do this because no one thought they'd be good so wouldn't want to sign there. Whole different ball game this time.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Gourde?
We already have Gallagher, Caufield and Byron...Enough with smurfs.
Some are good and it's okay to have a couple, but 4 is pushing it.

Not to mention that some of our prospects are also on the small side.

This is why Byron has to go. If you get the chance to bring in good talent that is small - do it. Don't let Byron stand in the way. The same objections were raised when we drafted Caufield.

If you think Yanne Gourde is great at what he does, you get him and find a wsu to move Byron.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Kraken signing UFAs can both mean Price is staying or leaving.

On one hand, it hints at the team wanting to be competitive quickly so wanting a top goalie, considering his playoffs performance, is in line with that.

On the other hand, cap space goes very fast, even if you start from zero, and even faster if you sign UFAs. Price cap hit might not be palatable.

Which is where I circle back to what I said yesterday, if they really want him, I say we get an asset back for keeping some of his cap hit, which in the long term would be INSANE because everybody and their mothers know that we would have to GIVE something to get rid of the contract eventually.

No way am I giving anything to keep him.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

1- Primeau is not guaranteed he'll be ready in 1-2-3 years....or ever for that matter. Planning on whishful thinking is not reality. He's not even really good in the AHL so far, so let's for that to happens before painting him as a NHL goalie because some "nostradamus" of the prospect thinks he will be......especially since they have been mostly wrong about Habs prospect.

2- What would be my plan in the eventually of losing Price? Well if it was me I would resign before making a fool of myself even more trying to explain that to the fan base!

Fleury won't soften the blow, it will make it worst.

The only positive about Price gone, it's the money it saves. Now giving assets AND giving mostly all that savings to another older goalie who, if we used the same comparaison as Price, had one good season in the last 3....that would make things worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad