Ex GM: "If Habs can pull __ off this weekend, parade in Quebec"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
If Lecavalier signing in MTL causes a parade atmosphere then people really don't watch much hockey. He would be the 2nd or 3rd best center on the team.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
No sense in trading for Letang. Yes, MB has stated that you can never have too many D, but he also states that he wants to look within the organization first.

Lecavalier can only be signed next week.

Could possibly be the draft. It would cost an arm and a leg, but imagine if they got their hands on Drouin? Woah.

Elverpond

Sep 21, 2011
we have enough defensemen, i dont want letang. i want Vinny!
or drouin if possible! we need someone who can put the puck in the net.

Last edited:

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
we have enough defensemen, i dont want letang. i want Vinny!
or drouin if possible! we need someone who can put the puck in the net.

We do have enough defensemen, problem is, we need BETTER defensemen.

Vinny may not be a star anymore but he's a very solid player and it blows my mind that some people can't see what this would mean for many people in Quebec. I'm not even really from there besides heritage and I even understand this. It'd be huge.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
We do have enough defensemen, problem is, we need BETTER defensemen.

Tinordi & Beaulieu are getting better...much better...and hopefully Pateryn continues to make strides to get better at the physical game, he & Tinordi together could be an awesome shutdown pair if he brings it...I have a ton of faith in our D-system...;)

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Wow I never believed a eklund rumor but with Corban Knight AND Logan MacMillan already making interviews or twitter messages about Kristo leaving it has to be true ... My best guess is DD/Plek + Kristo + 25th for 6th OV

Isn't Kristo just leaving college though?

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
Tinordi & Beaulieu are getting better...much better...and hopefully Pateryn continues to make strides to get better at the physical game, he & Tinordi together could be an awesome shutdown pair if he brings it...I have a ton of faith in our D-system...;)

This is true, but we also have defensemen that will likely only be getting worse with age.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
This is true, but we also have defensemen that will likely only be getting worse with age.

Cube was only signed to "reward" him for his effort and to be the 7/8 depth guy who keeps the pressbox warm, same with Drewiske...and I'd start shopping Markov now, he's valuable right now...and if we got the right offer, Diaz as well...;)

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Makes no sense?
I fail to see how having to many quality prospects is a "waste".

Also Cbj have what? 3 picks in the first round?
Im sure they would top an offer that includes our first and 2 seconds for the 1-3 overall spot.

CBJ needs to fill their prospect pool. Not impossible that they try and move up, but I would think they would rather stock up on multiple first round prospects instead.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
"If Habs can pull __ off this weekend"

Many Habs fans haven't stopped pulling off since Vinnie was bought out.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
@Eklund: @theHabituals i assure you it is not. Not even close. This source was once a GM

Pierre Gauthier trolling Eklund who then trolls the rest of the Canadiens universe.

Probably told Eklund that Bergevin is about to be fired and Gauthier is coming back because he won a Cup.:sarcasm:

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
That rumor doesn't mean anything. Whether we land Crosby, Letang, Drouin or anyone depends on the price we pay. To have a parade, we'd have to land a dominating player for scraps. The only reasonable likely possibility for an almost unanimously positive move would be signing Lecavalier for cheap on a 2 year contract.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
That rumor doesn't mean anything. Whether we land Crosby, Letang, Drouin or anyone depends on the price we pay. To have a parade, we'd have to land a dominating player for scraps. The only reasonable likely possibility for an almost unanimously positive move would be signing Lecavalier for cheap on a 2 year contract.

Or trading with Feaster :sarcasm:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Forget Drouin or anyone else in the top 5 (or even top 10). However, Bergevin has enough playing chips to move up 5 or more places in the 1st round. I just hope he doesn't use up too many of them because the Habs also need more depth.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Forget Drouin or anyone else in the top 5 (or even top 10). However, Bergevin has enough playing chips to move up 5 or more places in the 1st round. I just hope he doesn't use up too many of them because the Habs also need more depth.
I don't think moving up 5 spots warrants a parade.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Pierre Gauthier trolling Eklund who then trolls the rest of the Canadiens universe.

Probably told Eklund that Bergevin is about to be fired and Gauthier is coming back because he won a Cup.:sarcasm:

Gainey is the source, he thinks we will trade for the french sensation Luongo! Don't worry we will only give up our 1st and Galchenyuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad