Ex GM: "If Habs can pull __ off this weekend, parade in Quebec"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site
Although I love both Markov and Diaz I have a feeling one of them will be moved today. Here is what I would try with no confidence it would work.

(Markov or Diaz) plus (Leblanc or Collberg) for Yakupov. Re-uniting Gallchenyuk and Yakupov can't be a bad thing. Aparently Edmonton isnt too found of Yakupov. This gives Edmonton a top notch PP Dmen to play with Schultz. Collberg can become a very good piece for Edmonton.

It could be a win-win situation.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Although I love both Markov and Diaz I have a feeling one of them will be moved today. Here is what I would try with no confidence it would work.

(Markov or Diaz) plus (Leblanc or Collberg) for Yakupov. Re-uniting Gallchenyuk and Yakupov can't be a bad thing. Aparently Edmonton isnt too found of Yakupov. This gives Edmonton a top notch PP Dmen to play with Schultz. Collberg can become a very good piece for Edmonton.

No way EDM trades Yak for Diaz and Collberg

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Once Subban hits 25 he will be hated too.

You can throw Galchenyuk and Gallagher in there to. "One sub average season? Trade them, theyre useless" seems to be the mentality of many around here.

I would love Drouin as well just not sure how much we would have to give. Also in MB interview when asked if he would be moving up into the top five......he said no.

Yes, i agree. It would cost way too much, but if MB actually did pull off a good move for him, there would be a huge ovation.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
2014 is scheduled to be great...Can't wait for that 7th rounder...let's start the 2014 draft thread immediately please!!!!!!!!!!!! :sarcasm:

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia

Why the **** not!?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
McCarronMANIA'a RUNNIING WILD!!!

hogan-shirt-rip-o.gif

:laugh:

jacklours

Mar 5, 2003
Magog
Am I the only one who heard on CKAC 107.7 that apparently Bergevin had a gentleman agreement with Vancouver for pick no.9 but then Vancouver opted to use their pick instead. Apparently, they would have picked Morin before he went to Philly.

Habsurdities

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
Am I the only one who heard on CKAC 107.7 that apparently Bergevin had a gentleman agreement with Vancouver for pick no.9 but then Vancouver opted to use their pick instead. Apparently, they would have picked Morin before he went to Philly.

If that's true, they screwed MB twice as they picked Jordan Subban at 115th just before the Habs at 116th...they had supposedly not even interviewed Subban. MB will learn not to deal with a clown like Gillis, but we get the last laugh after watching Gillis hang himself with the Schneider trade for a pick and giving the future of the team over to Luongo who he kicked out a year ago and forced him into one of NHL's all-time saga.:laugh:

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal

You want me to be honest here? **** Vancouver. **** this organization.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
If that's true, they screwed MB twice as they picked Jordan Subban at 115th just before the Habs at 116th...they had supposedly not even interviewed Subban. MB will learn not to deal with a clown like Gillis, but we get the last laugh after watching Gillis hang himself with the Schneider trade for a pick and giving the future of the team over to Luongo who he kicked out a year ago and forced him into one of NHL's all-time saga.:laugh:

lol Gillis would have been hanged if he would have given Schneider for the 9th pick then give it to Montreal...for what exactly?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You want me to be honest here? **** Vancouver. **** this organization.
Vancouver is my second favourite team. Not a huge Gillis fan though.

However, I'm thinking they may have thought Horvart was going to drop to them but found out he wasn't going too from other whispers.

Not to mention, I'm sure it was our first 3 picks for the 9th. Eff that. I like Morin, but not that much.

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
Karma is going to kick the nucks right in the nuts. MB and the Habs won't forget this.

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
I also think Gillis is a petty man child and might hold some hate for MB since he was with the Hawks for so long.

Davebo*

I though all eklund nonsense was supposed to be posted in the general purpose eklund thread?

Easier to ignore all his bs that way - after all - weekend is over. Where's the parade????

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I don't think so, he was clearly talking about trading our 7th round for Florida's 2014 7th round pick.
I think a trade fell apart for getting Marchand for Galchenyuk. Boston wanted more but montreal wasn't willing to give up Tinordi, Subban, and a 1st as well.

Habsurdities

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
lol Gillis would have been hanged if he would have given Schneider for the 9th pick then give it to Montreal...for what exactly?

The question remains "for what exactly?" ...And we will never know the answer. As for hanging Gillis, no...he has been screwing up far worse and he gets to keep his job. The last year is an all-time classic that in itself makes him unique...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->