Ex GM: "If Habs can pull __ off this weekend, parade in Quebec"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmac1160*

If Letang comes, Markov has to go. Maybe Markov to move up in the draft?

what about Markov to LA for Scuderi's rights and a 2nd or 3rd rounder? Not sure if LA can afford Marky but they can flip him the same day

Jmac1160*

Think he's more likely to go to Edmonton in a package for 7th overall.

Its too bad but fingers crossed! Scuderi would be a perfect fit in MTL IMO. Always wanted him on the habs

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
In no way do we need Subban Markov and Letang. One has to go. We would still need size and grit. Sure Emelin has learned quite a big from marky but Emelin is 27! I am sure he can figure things out with the D coach or even on his own. It's not like he's an 18 yr old.

With Beaulieu we don't need Letang and his additional $5M salary. We need a stay-at-home-kick-your-ass ruffian.

Emelin speaks little English and Markov is possibly his hero growing up. Of course his presence is important.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Having Subban and Letang on the same team is stupid IMO.

You only need one of those guys (Subban obviously) along with a solid stay at home defenseman (a Hal Gill type of player).

Myron Gaines*

We need a minutes eater to support Subban. Subban is the only defenceman in this team that I'm comfortable in giving 22 minutes + per game on a 82 game season.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
It could be Droin by making a trade.Montreal have not a french star for over a generation

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
It could be Droin by making a trade.Montreal have not a french star for over a generation

we haven't had a superstar for over a generation either now we have Subban. Hes not french but he has a Norris...

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

So we should trade half the team to get him? Because that's the only way we are getting Drouin, regardless of what language he speaks. The top 4 in this draft is ridiculous, we'd have to gut the team to move in.

Habsoil

Mar 24, 2012
Fort mac
So we should trade half the team to get him? Because that's the only way we are getting Drouin, regardless of what language he speaks. The top 4 in this draft is ridiculous, we'd have to gut the team to move in.

Gut away, aint winning Lord Stanley's Cup with this cast!

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
disagree, i think something like price + collberg + 1st for markstrom + 2nd overall would do it.

Saintpatrick*

disagree, i think something like price + collberg + 1st for markstrom + 2nd overall would do it.

I doubt trading Price is an option at this point we have zero goaltending talent in the pipeline.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
The only thing that would cause a "parade" in MTL would be the signing of Lecavalier, or the acquisition of a pick to select Drouin. Nothing else is parade worthy. No to Letang, No to Briere, No to Jagr. I would love to get Drouin on a respectable trade, and wouldnt mind the signing of Lecavalier either. But any of the other three would make me instantly crusty and pissed.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
The only thing that would cause a "parade" in MTL would be the signing of Lecavalier, or the acquisition of a pick to select Drouin. Nothing else is parade worthy. No to Letang, No to Briere, No to Jagr. I would love to get Drouin on a respectable trade, and wouldnt mind the signing of Lecavalier either. But any of the other three would make me instantly crusty and pissed.

I would love Drouin as well just not sure how much we would have to give. Also in MB interview when asked if he would be moving up into the top five......he said no.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Eklund still has the talent to get people excited on this board, lol. When will you guys ever learn? Nothing will happen, nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->