Ex GM: "If Habs can pull __ off this weekend, parade in Quebec"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Look for a big draft swap, with Montreal leveraging Calgary's 2nd plus two roster players for a high 1st-round pick.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Look for a big draft swap, with Montreal leveraging Calgary's 2nd plus two roster players for a high 1st-round pick.

Desharnais + Kristo + Diaz + #25 + #36 (Calgary's pick anyways)

for

#6 + #67

Calgary get's a late 1st, their 2nd rounder back, a 2C, 2RW, 3/4 PMD...and they're all young...;)

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

for

#6 + #67

Calgary get's a late 1st, their 2nd rounder back, a 2C, 2RW, 3/4 PMD...and they're all young...;)

I doubt Calgary will trade a #6, though I wouldn't mind that trade (Diaz would be a painful loss, IMO).

Columbus has two 1st-round picks higher than ours, at #14 and #19. Targeting their #14 would be affordable for both clubs.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The best thing about this draft? We have four picks before Boston has their first! That's a concrete way to overtake them.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Forget Drouin or anyone else in the top 5 (or even top 10). However, Bergevin has enough playing chips to move up 5 or more places in the 1st round. I just hope he doesn't use up too many of them because the Habs also need more depth.
If Sabres were able to move from 21st to 14th with a 44th pick, we can certainly move from 25th to 15-16th with a 36th pick.

GallySquared

GoHabsGo
Sep 25, 2010
Canada
AsheyMarahArt.com
I personally don't have much faith in any of these 'rumour mongers', however you never know right? My thoughts at first was Letang as well, however after re-reading his quote, do you think he means Stanley Cup parade?...

also, VL's career has been on a spiral downhill for the last 4 years.. he was bought out. why would we want him? Unless it's to get rid of DD, I am against it. and even if it gets rid of DD... still against it.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I personally don't have much faith in any of these 'rumour mongers', however you never know right? My thoughts at first was Letang as well, however after re-reading his quote, do you think he means Stanley Cup parade?...

also, VL's career has been on a spiral downhill for the last 4 years.. he was bought out. why would we want him? Unless it's to get rid of DD, I am against it. and even if it gets rid of DD... still against it.

Being bought out means nothing, he just wasn't deserving of his 7.8 million $ salary plus the term was way too long. I would gladly take him at 4-5 million per year on a shorter term, something like 2-3 years.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal

for

#6 + #67

In Hindsight: DD, Diaz and Kristo would all be picked in 2nd round plus there are NHL'rs (most likely Kristo will be one).

Would you trade 25 + 36 and say 44 + 45 + 46 for a 6th?
Better be sure you get a player who will become top-3 in a year or two.

Because with 5 second round picks, you are bound to get 2 NHL'rs that would be top-9.

GallySquared

GoHabsGo
Sep 25, 2010
Canada
AsheyMarahArt.com
Being bought out means nothing, he just wasn't deserving of his 7.8 million $ salary plus the term was way too long. I would gladly take him at 4-5 million per year on a shorter term, something like 2-3 years.

It's more the fact that his totals in everything was declining. since 2008 he played 1 complete season. He has been a - player every year since 2006/2007, his totals are sliding and he's not going to be playing with Stamkos or St Louis on the PP/5/5 (which yes, i know he didn't do much of this year)... To me, it's not worth it. However, that's me.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
so many bad rumours goin round right now.i dont believe any of them.but i do think mb is makin a push to move up a few spots.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
I don't see why that has to be. for fun:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gallagher
Max-VL-DD
Chucky-Eller-Gionta:sarcasm:
Moen-White-Prust

Pk-Tinordi
Gorges-Markov
Diaz-Bouillon

Obviously the d needs help but that could be a solid forward line up. Could use bigger grit on the 4th line but still not bad.

Where is Emelin in your master plan....get rid of either Bouillon or Diaz and put Emelin in there FFS.

Canadiens93

May 6, 2010
Eklund with a new post on his blog saying the Habs are the hottest team in the Letang race. If true it will probably cost us Beaulieu and our first round pick. Hopefully it isn't..

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Eklund with a new post on his blog saying the Habs are the hottest team in the Letang race. If true it will probably cost us Beaulieu and our first round pick. Hopefully it isn't..

Maybe, but how often has Eklund's habs stuff ever come true.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
!
Don't believe for a second MB would even consider a second $7M offensive defenseman. PK is all round and we have a surplus of PMDs. Need a Savard or Langway clone.

Jmac1160*

!
Don't believe for a second MB would even consider a second $7M offensive defenseman. PK is all round and we have a surplus of PMDs. Need a Savard or Langway clone.

I wouldn't mind it if the price wasn't crazy high and if we can flip Markov for a steady big dman. Scudari's rights?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I wouldn't mind it if the price wasn't crazy high and if we can flip Markov for a steady big dman. Scudari's rights?

Without Hamrlik, Spacek, Gill, etc. the team really needs a sage, experienced Dman to tutor all the youthful D. Plus I have to believe that without Markov, Emelin would not flourish. We need Markov four at least another year.

Or Larry Robinson as Asst. Coach.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Since day ONE, Bergevin has preached you build for success through the draft. All year he stressed this point over and over.

Now because the biggest rumor mongering (read lying SOB) on the web feeds some baseless tripe, everyone thinks Bergevin will trade all of his assets on one player?

Very. Highly. Unlikely.

He stood pat at the deadline, not giving up assets for short term help. His philosophy hasn't changed overnight.

Jmac1160*

Without Hamrlik, Spacek, Gill, etc. the team really needs a sage, experienced Dman to tutor all the youthful D. Plus I have to believe that without Markov, Emelin would not flourish. We need Markov four at least another year.

Or Larry Robinson as Asst. Coach.

In no way do we need Subban Markov and Letang. One has to go. We would still need size and grit. Sure Emelin has learned quite a big from marky but Emelin is 27! I am sure he can figure things out with the D coach or even on his own. It's not like he's an 18 yr old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad