Blue Jays Discussion: Everything sucks except the all-star: Justin Smoak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Colabello was released by Cleveland. His .411 BABIP will never be forgotten.

Still pretty crazy that he can't even hit AAA pitching. I know roids and high babip aided him big time a few years ago but the fall off since is quite something. I was gonna say he found lightning in a bottle but that's not what he found in the bottle.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Sanchez is cashing in if I was his agent. that wont matter.

Of course he is. He'd make massive money regardless of the agent. The problem is the way Boras interferes and makes things difficult for teams. He makes the process dirty which isn't good for Sanchez the team or the fan base.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Sanchez is cashing in if I was his agent. that wont matter.

The problem is there's an extremely little chance of extending him past his arbitration years. Boras is notorious for having his clients go year to year in arb and then go to the highest bidder in free agency.

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
Still pretty crazy that he can't even hit AAA pitching. I know roids and high babip aided him big time a few years ago but the fall off since is quite something. I was gonna say he found lightning in a bottle but that's not what he found in the bottle.

I just find it interesting, that while Colebello, was here, the team had an unbelievable run in terms of power, and the ability to score runs at will. The next spring with all the confidence in the world, he gets his wings clipped, and that new level that was attained at the plate by the some of the Blue Jays, suddenly disappeared. After spending many years of my life in locker rooms, as both as a player, or a coach, there are very few secrets in a locker room. Especially, when something can give you an edge. Representing my province at the highest level at the Canadian Championships, as both a player and a coach, I had teammates/players on my squad, that would miraculously bulk up through the winter, and they would gladly share the formula for the fuel, that they used. Every bat, that we swung was doctored. When they were Aluminium, they would come directly from the factory. Once they started making them out of the composite carbon-fibre materials, the doctoring of bats got so bad, that Softball Canada had to implement testing protocols for all bats before they could be swung in any game. Like I said, there are no secrets in a dressing room, especially things that give you an edge.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Danny Jansen seems like a pretty good prospect. Not sure how is defense is but he is hitting quite well with the Fisher Cats. Seems to walk a lot too.

He's pretty much rated average across the board in his defensive skills. His offensive profile however is like McGuire's bat speed and discipline mixed with Pentecost's power.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
He's pretty much rated average across the board in his defensive skills. His offensive profile however is like McGuire's bat speed and discipline mixed with Pentecost's power.

I am certain it was you or DJQ that mentioned him about a week ago. I have been looking at his stats and they are quite impressive. He's on the younger side for AA and since his promotion to AA he has done very well. Nice to hear he is average defensively.

I could be wrong but he could be a top five prospect for the Jays

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I am certain it was you or DJQ that mentioned him about a week ago. I have been looking at his stats and they are quite impressive. He's on the younger side for AA and since his promotion to AA he has done very well. Nice to hear he is average defensively.

I could be wrong but he could be a top five prospect for the Jays

He can certainly be up there based on merit, maybe not on tools and upside (though you can argue his bat could be reaching plus territory), but definitely due to proximity and stats. Being age appropriate despite missing significant time due to injury is a huge plus, and he will without a doubt in my mind be added to the 40 man roster this offseason.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Of course he is. He'd make massive money regardless of the agent. The problem is the way Boras interferes and makes things difficult for teams. He makes the process dirty which isn't good for Sanchez the team or the fan base.

In your view how does he make the process "dirty". Boras is a rich rich man because he knows how to play the system. He goes year to year in arb. And than maximizes his clients value to the highest bidder. Does he open his mouth from time to time that raises eyebrows? Yes but to me that's just him doing his job. An agent just being an agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad