Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hoffman
Stroman
Sanchez
Estrada
Happ

That looks nice but instead AA has left us with a declining weak contact guy in Tulo.
All though I am really high on SRF despite his up and down season so far.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Hoffman
Stroman
Sanchez
Estrada
Happ

That looks nice but instead AA has left us with a declining weak contact guy in Tulo.

Are you pro-rebuild starting this year?

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Hoffman
Stroman
Sanchez
Estrada
Happ

What an odd order to out those names in.

You were one of those "Stroman should be in the bullpen for the playoffs '15" and "Lirano over Stroman Wild card game '16" truthers, weren't you? :laugh:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
He sure looks lost at the plate

With Travis out, Pillar returning to form, Martin not hitting....... we're missing his bat

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Hoffman
Stroman
Sanchez
Estrada
Happ

People need to stop talking about this trade without mentioning that Reyes was dumped. It sucks to lose a prospect the caliber of Hoffman. But knowing what we know about Jose Reyes post-trade (he became a replacement-level player after we traded him), and Tulo was 6th in SS fWAR the year we acquired him, then 10th the next year; do you think we make the playoffs with Reyes at SS? Make it to the ALCS?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Hoffman
Stroman
Sanchez
Estrada
Happ

that looks about as nice as...what we have now.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
People need to stop talking about this trade without mentioning that Reyes was dumped. It sucks to lose a prospect the caliber of Hoffman. But knowing what we know about Jose Reyes post-trade (he became a replacement-level player after we traded him), and Tulo was 6th in SS fWAR the year we acquired him, then 10th the next year; do you think we make the playoffs with Reyes at SS? Make it to the ALCS?

In 2015? They were a playoff team with or without Tulo.

In 2016? Absolutely no chance of making the playoffs with Reyes/Goins in his spot.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Hoffman: 12gs, 5.1ip/gs, 93era-, 96fip-, 103xfip-, 1.6awar/32gs

Last 7days; 2gs, 4.1ip/gs, 202era-, 84fip-, 138xfip-, 0.0awar/32gs

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You weren't laughing when people were gagaing over 4 whole starts.

Last 7 days includes 1/3 of his starts this year, and 1/6 of his career starts.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
For years AA was accused of hoarding prospects and doing nothing with them. Then he burns through a bunch when the opportunity was ripe which brought two long playoff runs, and that shouldn't have been done either.

It's as if AA should have been like that kid who lines up all his precious Hot Wheels on the window sill and won't let a single person touch them.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
In 2015? They were a playoff team with or without Tulo.

In 2016? Absolutely no chance of making the playoffs with Reyes/Goins in his spot.

I would agree with this. In hindsight we could say "no championships." But man, those were some exciting times. And it's about being in the thick of the hunt. Could have easily turned out another way and led to a trophy. We've been over the Dickey trade ad nauseum in here, and I think we actually reached a thread consensus on it for the most part. But the Hoffman trade--as it may come to be known--is different circumstances, I think.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
2 playoff runs and a likely 3rd this year.

in other words, AA created arguably the best jays team in history.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
You weren't laughing when people were gagaing over 4 whole starts.

Last 7 days includes 1/3 of his starts this year, and 1/6 of his career starts.

To be fair, his last two starts were at Coors. You can pretty much throw those out. Clayton Kershaw hasn't even been able to figure out how to pitch at Coors, and he's the best pitcher any of us have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->