Blue Jays Discussion: Everything sucks except the all-star: Justin Smoak

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Given that Travis can't stay healthy, do they go out and get a 2nd baseman or just a cheap rental for this year?

Why on earth would the Jays pick up a rental for this year? Maybe they grab a 2b if a team is trying to dump one to facilitate a secondary deal. To take on said player I would expect prospects to come along with them. We however will not burn assets to add to this team if their contract is expiring.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
In your view how does he make the process "dirty". Boras is a rich rich man because he knows how to play the system. He goes year to year in arb. And than maximizes his clients value to the highest bidder. Does he open his mouth from time to time that raises eyebrows? Yes but to me that's just him doing his job. An agent just being an agent.

You kind of answer your own question at the end but I wouldn't say he's an agent being an agent. He can and has been disruptive to teams. He creates drama to get his players names visible. Put it this way. I don't know or care about any other agent in baseball. But I'm very familiar with Boras. He'll get Sanchez paid but anyone would. Let's say when Sanchez gets to his final year before free agency. If he starts having blister issues again what are the odds you place on Boras starting to run his mouth and talking about how the Jays are rushing him back or whatever other reason and that's why his client is having issues? He creates conflict that doesn't need to exist

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Jays have lost the last three games I've been at by a combined 42-2.

I think I'll stop going for a bit.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Jays have lost the last three games I've been at by a combined 42-2.

I think I'll stop going for a bit.

Lol wow. I think I'd take a year off after that. Talk about horrible picks on games to go see. I'm going to see a game in Boston next week. I believe the Thursday day game. Hoping I have better luck than that

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
I think we're the 6th worst team in the league in terms of run differential now. Must be due to luck.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm seeing A LOT less blue jays hats out there. I guess a lot of people are off the bandwagon.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'm seeing A LOT less blue jays hats out there. I guess a lot of people are off the bandwagon.

I don't know, it's still the most visible and popular sports apparel/accessory in the city. Attendance has also already eclipsed 1.8m (39k+ average).

Last edited:

greengoblin

Jan 20, 2017
That was terrible. Tried listening to Jays talk afterwards. Mike Wilner is so pathetic. Paid shill. It's not wonder he was a job with Rogers with all of the butt kissing he does.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

I don't know about that. Coincidence maybe. As far as I'm concerned, it's canada's version of the "ny" symbol. It's still a popular style of clothing/hats. Thankfully they changed up from the dreaded J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->