Everything COVID19 - PART 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Where did it say he had a gun?
No confirmation yet if he had a weapon and i doubt they release that info until the siu investigation is over. It has been disclused that he assulted several people at the store though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The only thing that makes sense is he had some sort of gun but that was not confirmed. When the cops showed up at his place uninvited, in his poed state of mind he probably thought get off my property. No idea. Anyway such a shame to get to that point

Doesn't have to be a gun, guy comes at a police officer swinging a bat for example or with a knife, that could prompt a lethal force response.

Either way though you are right that it's a shame it got to that point. That said, this isn't an issue with a mask ordnance or an issue with the store workers enforcing it, it is one person's behaviour and potentially the police's response to his behaviour at issue. Store workers in no way should be blaiming themselves or the mask ordnance.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
No confirmation yet if he had a weapon and i doubt they release that info until the siu investigation is over. It has been disclused that he assulted several people at the store though.

In a news release issued Thursday morning, the SIU said investigators had recovered a pistol and a semi-automatic rifle from the scene. The firearms of two police officers were also taken into evidence, the agency said.

Reactions: Micklebot

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Sorry for the injection of positive news here, but media reports in the last couple of days indicate that progress on both the Moderna and Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine is proceeding at a very rapid and promising pace. The Moderna vaccine successfully concluded its Phase 2 trials, with an immune response generated in all participants and only minimal side effects. (The usual side effects people experience with the flu vaccine - fatigue, soreness at the injection site, etc.)

The Oxford vaccine, which seems like it is further along, finished Phase 2 and had even better news - it elicited an immune response that produced both antibodies and T-Cells, providing double protection, if you will. They are full steam ahead into Phase 3, and have production contracts for literally two billion doses already in place. In even better news, apparently this vaccine only needs to be chilled, not frozen, for transport, making it easier to ship.

They are confidently talking this Fall for both of them. If so, that will be a massive game changer both for public health and public confidence. Fingers crossed....

Reactions: Flamingo and Rand0m

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Sorry for the injection of positive news here, but media reports in the last couple of days indicate that progress on both the Moderna and Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine is proceeding at a very rapid and promising pace. The Moderna vaccine successfully concluded its Phase 2 trials, with an immune response generated in all participants and only minimal side effects. (The usual side effects people experience with the flu vaccine - fatigue, soreness at the injection site, etc.)

The Oxford vaccine, which seems like it is further along, finished Phase 2 and had even better news - it elicited an immune response that produced both antibodies and T-Cells, providing double protection, if you will. They are full steam ahead into Phase 3, and have production contracts for literally two billion doses already in place. In even better news, apparently this vaccine only needs to be chilled, not frozen, for transport, making it easier to ship.

They are confidently talking this Fall for both of them. If so, that will be a massive game changer both for public health and public confidence. Fingers crossed....

I hope.... buy some air canada stock, boys.

I am betting the russians are first to the market though...

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Has the government issued any statements on making a suitable vaccine mandatory? Any stipulations on what you can and can't do without a vaccination?

Billy Bridges

Sep 20, 2011
If they were smart, they would add acceptance of masks to the mind control component of the vaccines they are designing. If they give it to enough kids, it may help in future pandemics.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Has the government issued any statements on making a suitable vaccine mandatory? Any stipulations on what you can and can't do without a vaccination?

I don't think there's any way they'll make a very new vaccine mandatory. The tried and tested vaccines that are requirements for kids to go to school are different IMO. I'm pro-vaccine but this is a special situation, until it has a long safety record (like the vaccines kids need to get to attend school), there's no way you can make this mandatory.

It'll also depend if it's an annual vaccine or if it can provide longer term immunity. If it provide 5+ years of immunity and is proved (and continues to proves) that it's safe, I can see enough people voluntarily take it to get to a herd immunity type of scenario. Those who don't take it may end up getting immunity anyway by actually getting Covid so it would just be a matter of time. If it becomes an annual flu-type vaccine then it's even less likely to be made mandatory, there's no way any level of government can manage something like that every year.

Reactions: Pierre from Orleans

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
It's going to get worse. Defund the police? When everyone has the internet in their car no more need for radar guns or speed traps or red light camera's. If your car does something wrong they will just send you the ticket. Kind of how toll roads work now. Get everyone used to cell phones and addicted to then introduce covid tracking to help you avoid contacting someone who is positive. It all starts somewhere.
Don't activate the GPS on your phone unless you have to.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
It's coming. Insurance companies are already advertising apps that "get you discounts for being a safe driver" as they monitor your speed, mileage and location. People gladly download them and provide companies the data they to get out of paying out claims.

"Oh, it looks like you were going 122km/h when the accident happened. That voids your coverage, sorry!"

Society, as a whole, has agreed to trade privacy for convenience.
It's apparently worst. After declining that option my insurance broker told me a bit about that option. They could detect if the phone moved during an accident: you had the phone on you (driver side) and moved around during a crash. GPS is that precise.

And they would use the GPS data against you to either charge you, give you a ticket or like you said void the coverage.

Big brother is watching!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Sounds like politics to me. Now what party would the Florida governor belong to I wonder. Oh.. that's the same party as the head of the testing Olympics committee.
This type of thing has been in the news for months now but most just gloss over it. I know someone who was tested and they marked her down as showing symptoms because she had a pink tinge to her throat swab.

There was a company in Ottawa that got clearance to use this test where the results come back very fast. A week later they had to stop administering them because they didn't work.

Know one really knows how accurate any of the tests are nd how they can be manipulated for personal gain. Unfortunate reality most don't want to grasp.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Sounds like politics to me. Now what party would the Florida governor belong to I wonder. Oh.. that's the same party as the head of the testing Olympics committee.

It is politics. Who here brought up Florida having a "100% positivity rate" in certain areas. Nobody at any point, ever.

And yet two anti-lockdown HFBoards posters on here - one brings it up as if it was some widely publicized event, the other cites how the number was wrong. Never mind the absurdly high 18% positivity rate which is accurate and disastrous.

Now the second one is going off about antibody tests which were always inaccurate and were widely reported in the media to be inaccurate and the tests were rejected by Health Canada. Unfortunate reality he doesn't want to grasp.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It is politics. Who here brought up Florida having a "100% positivity rate" in certain areas. Nobody at any point, ever.

And yet two anti-lockdown HFBoards posters on here - one brings it up as if it was some widely publicized event, the other cites how the number was wrong. Never mind the absurdly high 18% positivity rate which is accurate and disastrous.

Now the second one is going off about antibody tests which were always inaccurate and were widely reported in the media to be inaccurate and the tests were rejected by Health Canada. Unfortunate reality he doesn't want to grasp.
f75e33adcdf765a2b31e959781607af5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad