Everything COVID19 - PART 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
The Blame Game.

I'd have a lot more respect for Fauci if he'd resign and get his message out through the media. He had to cancel several scheduled media appearances this past weekend because they weren't White House approved. It's hard to respect a man who lets Trump dump all over him and hide him in a closet.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

The affected international flights arrived in Canadian airports from Mexico City, Cancun, Zurich, Paris, Addis Ababa, Islamabad, Lahore, Qatar, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Dallas, Detroit, and three flights from Charlotte, N.C.
PyeE5909.png

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So... After years of cries of "fake news" this and "fake news" that, they turn to the very institute they worked so hard to expunge of any and all credibility in order to attack the credibility of ostensibly one of their own?

It's like reality is a far side comic these days...

Getting a strong 1984 vibe myself. We're at war with Eurasia...no, Eastasia!

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
My kiddo went on a short trip to Niagara Falls yesterday and today, and while down near the river his cell phone hopped over to a US tower for a bit today. I got the ususal notification about a person on my account roaming from Bell. Less usual was the text he got from the Government of Canada telling him he had to self-quarantine for 14 days. LOL. Gotta love technology!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
My kiddo went on a short trip to Niagara Falls yesterday and today, and while down near the river his cell phone hopped over to a US tower for a bit today. I got the ususal notification about a person on my account roaming from Bell. Less usual was the text he got from the Government of Canada telling him he had to self-quarantine for 14 days. LOL. Gotta love technology!
It's going to get worse. Defund the police? When everyone has the internet in their car no more need for radar guns or speed traps or red light camera's. If your car does something wrong they will just send you the ticket. Kind of how toll roads work now. Get everyone used to cell phones and addicted to then introduce covid tracking to help you avoid contacting someone who is positive. It all starts somewhere.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
It's going to get worse. Defund the police? When everyone has the internet in their car no more need for radar guns or speed traps or red light camera's. If your car does something wrong they will just send you the ticket. Kind of how toll roads work now. Get everyone used to cell phones and addicted to then introduce covid tracking to help you avoid contacting someone who is positive. It all starts somewhere.

It's coming. Insurance companies are already advertising apps that "get you discounts for being a safe driver" as they monitor your speed, mileage and location. People gladly download them and provide companies the data they to get out of paying out claims.

"Oh, it looks like you were going 122km/h when the accident happened. That voids your coverage, sorry!"

Society, as a whole, has agreed to trade privacy for convenience.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
It's coming. Insurance companies are already advertising apps that "get you discounts for being a safe driver" as they monitor your speed, mileage and location. People gladly download them and provide companies the data they to get out of paying out claims.

"Oh, it looks like you were going 122km/h when the accident happened. That voids your coverage, sorry!"

The Supreme Court of Canada recently upheld a ruling that outlaws mandatory genetic testing and forced disclosure of voluntary genetic tests. So good government and conscionable, independent courts can protect our rights. Just don't elect corporate sell-outs.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I think they have agreed to trade more than privacy.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
The Supreme Court of Canada recently upheld a ruling that outlaws mandatory genetic testing and forced disclosure of voluntary genetic tests. So good government and conscionable, independent courts can protect our rights. Just don't elect corporate sell-outs.

I don't think most people care about privacy rights, so it doesn't matter who we elect.

If you give someone enough value in return, they'll gladly give you their information.

Society has agreed to allow Facebook and Google to molest their data so that they can use Facebook and Maps for free. And most are happy with that tradeoff.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I don't think most people care about privacy rights, so it doesn't matter who we elect.

If you give someone enough value in return, they'll gladly give you their information.

Society has agreed to allow Facebook and Google to molest their data so that they can use Facebook and Maps for free. And most are happy with that tradeoff.

When it comes to insurance, I opt out of the tracker, even though it would have given me a discount. I think most people I know do, too. I hope that government would outlaw default-on embedded tracking systems, or mandatory tracking clauses in insurance policies.

You're right, we've become careless for free email and social networking services, and even browsing the internet. And especially with GPS systems.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
When it comes to insurance, I opt out of the tracker, even though it would have given me a discount. I think most people I know do, too. I hope that government would outlaw default-on embedded tracking systems, or mandatory tracking clauses in insurance policies.

You're right, we've become careless for free email and social networking services, and even browsing the internet. And especially with GPS systems.
You can always rely on the next generation to take everything for granted for the sake of convenience.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

It's scary the issue has even come up in the courts. It's means someone went to those data companies/government already poking around for info.

Reactions: Flamingo

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
WOW
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/fatal-haliburton-shooting-siu-1.5650761

73 y/o man after refusing to put on a mask to get into a Value-Mart (grocery store) .. ends up getting shot at his home.

Just so bizarre... First that someone would be so unwilling to wear a simple mask, and then that police would feel threatened enough by a 73 year old man that lethal force seemed warranted (i guess he may have had a firearm himself, but who pulls out a gun on police because of a mask...).

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
'If we didn't have to force him and... tell him that he couldn't come into the store, nothing would have happened really. He would have got his groceries and went along with his day.' :shakehead

If a guy has a meltdown where he drives dangerously and then has a shoot-out with police after being asked to put on a mask, he was probably a ticking time bomb anyway.

Reactions: Ed Wood

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just so bizarre... First that someone would be so unwilling to wear a simple mask, and then that police would feel threatened enough by a 73 year old man that lethal force seemed warranted (i guess he may have had a firearm himself, but who pulls out a gun on police because of a mask...).
The only thing that makes sense is he had some sort of gun but that was not confirmed. When the cops showed up at his place uninvited, in his poed state of mind he probably thought get off my property. No idea. Anyway such a shame to get to that point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad