Proposal: Evander Kane to Toronto

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
He's much worse offensively than JVR, won't be playing on a shutdown line ahead of Komarov, isn't a good fit as the LW on the Matthews-Nylander line, and obviously doesn't make sense on the 4th line instead of Martin.

Even ignoring all the red flags with his off-ice stuff, where does a 45-50 point left wing who's bad defensively fit in this lineup?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Thread is just a competition to see how loud each fanbase can say no.

Kane is available for top 4 LHD. Otherwise, it's just bad asset management to move him because of the investigation.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
He's much worse offensively than JVR, won't be playing on a shutdown line ahead of Komarov, isn't a good fit as the LW on the Matthews-Nylander line, and obviously doesn't make sense on the 4th line instead of Martin.

Even ignoring all the red flags with his off-ice stuff, where does a 45-50 point left wing who's bad defensively fit in this lineup?

wut? His defense is one of his best attributes. A more accurate descriptor is a 30-40 point winger who is good defensively.

On topic, this deal doesn't make any sense for either team.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Kane is a decent player but his trade value is next to nothing.

Not interested due to off ice issues. His "attitude" doesn't bother me - more so the alleged legal issues

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
There is no way to determine his impact on his teammates or on the team.

Several sports teams, particularly in the NFL (the Dallas Cowboys and Buffalo Bills of the early 90's come to mind) had their share of players, even stars with off the field problems and it isn't a distraction if those teams win consistently.

Here's a fact:

If Kane didn't have off ice issues, there would be no problem. The fact that his issues "could" have a negative impact is enough for me to pass. Hockey isn't football, and even NFL teams are shipping out problem children now.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Off ice problems and horrible production are enough for me

7b992300c9.png
And yet he still paced 25 goals and 44 points on the season. What horrible production.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Wasn't he suspended for missing practice because he flew to toronto for the all-star-game.

To me that is a locker room problem

If you ignore the numerous locker room and off ice issues he's had in Buffalo, then he hasn't really had any issues since becoming a sabre LOL

I mean, flying to a different country, getting really drunk, and completely ignoring your professional commitments is perfectly normal

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
And what is Toronto going to package with Evander Kane when they need to get rid of him?

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
If I'm Buffalo, I have to get more value out of Kane, whether that's trading him or keeping him in the line up and hope he does better than he did last year.

If I'm Toronto, I don't trade for Kane. Ever.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Buffalo has to add something significant to Kane to even get Toronto to think about it. Even then Toronto only offers a 6th/7th.

Toronto values the proper development of their youth much more than they value evander kane.

No trade to be made here, Buffalo is looking for value if they trade Kane.

Buffalo should be calling vet teams that are trying to get over the hump.( San Jose, Vancouver, new York rangers, Los Angeles.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Hockey isn't football, and even NFL teams are shipping out problem children now.

Yes the marginal ones. If you're a good player it doesn't matter.

See Vaughn Miller and Aqib Talib, both have been arrested multiple times (and Talib has been shot) but because they are good and Super Bowl champs, they aren't "a distraction".

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
a year ago this would have been slanted heavily in the leafs favor.
but no, we arent giving up a good prospect and a 3rd for kane even if we get rid of 2 cap dumps (likely 1 when cowen gets bought out)
not the kinda guy you want around matthews,nylander,marner, rielly,brown etc. he is about to be run out of his 2nd city due to off ice issues so his value is close to nil. pass

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So buffalo gives up Kane for a good prospect and 2 cap dumps? Why would they ever do this?

Because hes incredibly overrated and an enormous distraction to his team?

The Leafs dont touch this deal. Not even close. Hes the exact opposite of what we're trying to do here.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
7b992300c9.png
And yet he still paced 25 goals and 44 points on the season. What horrible production.

you think that production is worth his 6 million salary and multiple off ice issues?

there are fringe 2nd liners that can be had for a lot cheaper and without the off ice issues. also another winger is the last thing on the leafs mind

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Thread is just a competition to see how loud each fanbase can say no.

Kane is available for top 4 LHD. Otherwise, it's just bad asset management to move him because of the investigation.

yeah good luck with that.... I bet they would take a 3rd if another team would take his entire cap hit

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
yeah good luck with that.... I bet they would take a 3rd if another team would take his entire cap hit

I mean, there's no evidence, no reports that he's being shopped at all. I wouldn't shop him until the charge was settled, makes perfect sense to me that Murray probably is just sitting tight at this point.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Buffalo is lucky with their wealth of future stars that they can actually let Kane walk for nothing and the only loss would be a bit of hurt pride.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
I don't see the Value in dumping Cowen and Robidas...

The leafs have magical salary cap robidas island where they can go live with Joffrey Lupul

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad