Proposal: Evander Kane to Toronto

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This deal heavily favors TO, Buffalo wouldn't do it.

That said....i really don't see Lou/Babs looking at Kane and saying "now there's a guy we need in the locker room to mentor the kids....".:laugh:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
His maturity and attitude is enough to undo a lot the Leafs team has done. The damage having him in our locker room would do would hurt a lot more than some cap space being taken, especially considering we'll have 25 mil + next offseason.

I would have confidence Babcock could keep him in line.

That said Lupul + Horton is the only deal I would do

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Off ice troubles translate into locker room problems....no narrative, ask Jets fans.

That's not true, his problems in Winnipeg were mainly in the locker room. The complete opposite of his Buffalo situation. There has been nothing that suggests any locker room issues related to Evander Kane in Buffalo. We have strong enough leadership to keep the off-ice issues where they belong. Off the ice, out of the arena.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
That's not true, his problems in Winnipeg were mainly in the locker room. The complete opposite of his Buffalo situation. There has been nothing that suggests any locker room issues related to Evander Kane in Buffalo. We have strong enough leadership to keep the off-ice issues where they belong. Off the ice, out of the arena.

So let me get this straight

- Previous history of Locker room issues
- Previous history of issues outside the locker room
- They somehow cancel out and make him not a problem due to "strong leadership".

Are you implying the Jets don't have the leadership to keep him in line? Also as far as I am aware, the Leafs expect athletes to be responsible for their own actions and not need to be baby sat by "leaders".

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Babcock, Lou, Shanahan are probably not the type of group interested in trading for a walking cancer. Buffalo is the perfect home for him.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

- They somehow cancel out and make him not a problem due to "strong leadership".

Are you implying the Jets don't have the leadership to keep him in line? Also as far as I am aware, the Leafs expect athletes to be responsible for their own actions and not need to be baby sat by "leaders".

Well obviously they didn't. There was a rift between him and the rest of the team, something that IS NOT PRESENT in Buffalo. What issues did he have in Winnipeg? Posting embarassing photos on social media? The horror!

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Well obviously they didn't. There was a rift between him and the rest of the team, something that IS NOT PRESENT in Buffalo. What issues did he have in Winnipeg? Posting embarassing photos on social media? The horror!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/a-timeline-of-kanes-indiscretions-with-jets/

Some highlights

" After playing in all of the Jets’ post-lockout games Kane caused a stir when he posted a homophobic tweet."

" Kane is accused of assault after an incident in Vancouver and sued for financial damages."

"Kane is a healthy scratch under new head coach Paul Maurice in a game against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Hockey Night in Canada.

After the game Maurice said it was a coach’s decision and that if Kane wanted back in the lineup all he needed to do was “probably just come to the rink.”"

"Kane wore a track suit when the Jets players gathered that morning for a meeting — a violation of team policy. Following a brief workout and stretch, Byfuglien is believed to have thrown those clothes into the shower to send a message to his teammate, according to sources."

In Buffalo he's been better. Instead of posting pictures and getting in fights with team mates over his commitment, he's only punching women in bars.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA

Lets compare the Jets leaders and the Buffalo leaders.

Big Buff + Ladd + Wheeler vs O'Reilly and Gionta

Buffalo wins hands down.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011

Some highlights

" After playing in all of the Jets’ post-lockout games Kane caused a stir when he posted a homophobic tweet."

" Kane is accused of assault after an incident in Vancouver and sued for financial damages."

"Kane is a healthy scratch under new head coach Paul Maurice in a game against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Hockey Night in Canada.

After the game Maurice said it was a coach’s decision and that if Kane wanted back in the lineup all he needed to do was “probably just come to the rink.â€"

"Kane wore a track suit when the Jets players gathered that morning for a meeting — a violation of team policy. Following a brief workout and stretch, Byfuglien is believed to have thrown those clothes into the shower to send a message to his teammate, according to sources."

In Buffalo he's been better. Instead of posting pictures and getting in fights with team mates over his commitment, he's only punching women in bars.

"But aside from all that he's such a swell guy!" - Sabres fans

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA

Some highlights

After the game Maurice said it was a coach’s decision and that if Kane wanted back in the lineup all he needed to do was “probably just come to the rink.â€"

Don't forget the sexual assault investigation in Buffalo. He did get cleared, I believe, but putting himself in a situation where the allegation could be made was a mistake on his part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad