Proposal: Evander Kane to Toronto

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Buffalo is likely stuck with this guy. Maybe Columbus would trade for him to get out from under that Clarkson contract? :help:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I want to dump Kane, just not to the Leafs. Too good of a player to hand off to my rival.

Evander Kane has had 0 locker room problems in Buffalo.

But hey, narratives eh?

You're kidding, right? Does missing practice for the NBA all star game and getting suspended by the team not count? Late for practice another time, said he was sleeping in. Then, besides the rape allegation, there is all of the other aggressiveness towards female stories... The guy is a grade a jerk.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
No we do not want anything to do with Kane unless its 88 we're talking about. Guy is a POS , heavily over-rated and will probably be in jail sooner or later the way he's trending

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
No thanks dont need that troublemaker on the Leafs. He would have a field day of off ice issues in Toronto.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Kane is good at that hockey thing, the offerd here are for guys who cant play that hockey thing anymore. I'll keep the productive guy you keep Robidas and Lupul...k thanks.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Kane is good at that hockey thing, the offerd here are for guys who cant play that hockey thing anymore. I'll keep the productive guy you keep Robidas and Lupul...k thanks.

Hes mediocre at best. Hes a 20 goal scorer at this point in his career with off ice question marks.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Hes mediocre at best. Hes a 20 goal scorer at this point in his career with off ice question marks.

He was on pace for 28 last season. He is a very good hockey player. If you think he's mediocre at best, you don't know what your talking about. He doesn't have off ice question marks though, he has off ice problems. Very good player, very crappy person.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
I think Kane would fit on really well on a line woth Bozak-Marner, but the Leafs already have JVR who will likely fill that role.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
No thanks dont need that troublemaker on the Leafs. He would have a field day of off ice issues in Toronto.

This is another valid point. With the new Leafs management making i clear they want to make Toronto "Safe" for players from the media, having a guy who causes as much **** as he does here for our media to make a fool of is even worse. It will put pressure on other players to answer for him and it's just another reason why he would not be a fit here.

Kane likely only has value to a small market team somewhere like Arizona where no one knows or cares who he is.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
He was on pace for 28 last season. He is a very good hockey player. If you think he's mediocre at best, you don't know what your talking about. He doesn't have off ice question marks though, he has off ice problems. Very good player, very crappy person.

On pace does not equal getting. 20 goal scorers are found every summer on bargain contracts without the negative problems that he brings.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Because hes incredibly overrated and an enormous distraction to his team?

The Leafs dont touch this deal. Not even close. Hes the exact opposite of what we're trying to do here.

I'm definitely not a Kane fan and hardly feel Kadri is at the same level, but is Kadri a shining example of the type of player the youngsters should follow? (granted it's only due to a couple of small incidents).

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Don't see why Toronto would want Kane right now.....

I can expand on this by saying that I don't see any deal between Toronto and buffalo that presently makes sense. Both teams have similar needs, and are in similar spots.

But that didn't stop the op from getting 4 pages out of it....

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
No interest.

Buffalo can keep that head case.

Classic example of a players baggage exceeding his value as a player.

Not worth it.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I'm definitely not a Kane fan and hardly feel Kadri is at the same level, but is Kadri a shining example of the type of player the youngsters should follow? (granted it's only due to a couple of small incidents).

No, never said he was. Id of been perfectly fine with trading him. Im pleased his contract isnt terrible and is moveable if need be.

Further to this, Kadri had his reset button pushed by Shanahan and has appeared to react positively to it. Kane had his chance to change with the trade and has not done so. His problems are at a far greater level then Kadri's were too.

Last edited:

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Kane isn't going anywhere unless it's Las Vegas. Too much negativity surrounding that guy to trade anything of worth to get him. Buffalo keeps him for now because he's still good enough to play middle six hockey and chip in 20+ goals a year. As for the "racist undertones" involving the money phone incident comment about Winnipeg earlier in the thread it's been discussed previously that the economy was hurting and it happened during the players strike in 2012 when the players were demanding more of a cut from the owners. Just the wrong thing to do at the wrong time, it made a lot of fans angry, not just Winnipeggers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad