Proposal: Evander Kane to Toronto

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Because leadership can, of course, be easily quantified by how many incidents one gets into off the ice. Solid formula, bro.

At least I have a formula bro, what exactly do you have, bro? anyway my post wasn't really intended as a knock on O'Reilly or Buff's leadership qualities because of singular misteps they both had in the past, but just to counteract the guy's opinion that the Sabres leadership (Gionta and ROR) were much better than the Jets leadership (Ladd, Wheeler, Buff) . As far as I know all of them may be pretty good leaders but one thing I'm certain of is that E. Kane has shown 0 leadership qualities so far in his career.

Last edited:

sabres_phan

Feb 14, 2005
It's not being on a high horse to condemn someone for driving into a Tim Hortons wasted... My dad had a DUI when I was younger so I know how easy it is to make one bad choice. If O'Reilly/Kane can't handle being in the spotlight without showing glaring lapses in character, then they should probably just pack up and apply at their hometown sanitation department. These guys are highly compensated individuals and have no legitimate excuses for their behavior.

But how are your old man's leadership skills?

sabres_phan

Feb 14, 2005
At least I have a formula bro, what exactly do you have, bro? anyway my post wasn't really intended as a knock on O'Reilly or Buff's leadership qualities because of singular misteps they both had in the past, but just to counteract the guy's opinion that the Sabres leadership (Gionta and ROR) were much better than the Jets leadership (Ladd, Wheeler, Buff) . As far as I know all of them may be pretty good leaders but one thing I'm certain of is that E. Kane has shown 0 leadership qualities so far in his career.

Your formula is crap...but at least you have one. Spend some time in a locker room with grown-ups if you really want to know what's important as far as leadership goes. It seems like you're more interested in being right than being correct.

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Please no more Evander Kane trade threads.

Tim Murray simply gave up too much for Kane to just dump him off for peanuts right now, and his trade value is way too,low to get any type of fair return for what type of actual hockey player he is on the ice.

Kane is just simply more valuable to Buffalo right now than he is to the rest of the league. Even if Tim Murray wanted to trade him, he has to keep him for now and hope he has a great season, these off ice issues get resolved and the combination of the two repair Kane's trade value. Or just hold onto him until the trade deadline next season, when he's in the last year of his deal.

sabres_phan

Feb 14, 2005
Besides, who's gonna welcome Austin Matthews to Buffalo if we trade away our fiercest forechecker?

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
7b992300c9.png
And yet he still paced 25 goals and 44 points on the season. What horrible production.

Its not worth the headache.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
You could say that no one in Buffalo taking issue with Kane acting like a jackass off the ice is an example of poor leadership. He had a problem with the locker room in Winnipeg because the leaders of the Jets stepped in to try and set him straight.

I agree completely.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Kane is an enigma.
The talent and drive are there.
He never takes a game off.
His issue is maturity plain and simple.
Until such time as he grows up , I really can't see him being a desirable pick up for any team.
If I were Toronto I wouldn't consider him at THIS time.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I haven't been a Leaf fan in 20+ years but there's no way I'd want them doing this deal if I was.

Now, as someone who is amused by tire fires in Toronto, I'd do this in a second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad