Proposal: Evander Kane to Toronto

SameeTheSniper

Jun 15, 2016
Ottawa
This is ridiculous to say the least...
1) Toronto is trying to rebuild here... you do not want some cancer in the locker the locker room to be around those guys (unless ur a Sens fan)... He could really do some damage to their morales. (It isnt nhl 16 i get it)
2) Why would you give up Kapanen? He has the potential of being a good middle six forward in the future... hes defenitly a piece toronto should keep

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
This is ridiculous to say the least...
1) Toronto is trying to rebuild here... you do not want some cancer in the locker the locker room to be around those guys (unless ur a Sens fan)... He could really do some damage to their morales. (It isnt nhl 16 i get it)
2) Why would you give up Kapanen? He has the potential of being a good middle six forward in the future... hes defenitly a piece toronto should keep

I don't know, the Sabers seemed to really want him last year...;)

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Well obviously they didn't. There was a rift between him and the rest of the team, something that IS NOT PRESENT in Buffalo. What issues did he have in Winnipeg? Posting embarassing photos on social media? The horror!

You could say that no one in Buffalo taking issue with Kane acting like a jackass off the ice is an example of poor leadership. He had a problem with the locker room in Winnipeg because the leaders of the Jets stepped in to try and set him straight.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Lets compare the Jets leaders and the Buffalo leaders.

Big Buff + Ladd + Wheeler vs O'Reilly and Gionta

Buffalo wins hands down.

You've got to be kidding, Wheeler alone swings this mightily in the Jets favour, no question.

I mean one O'Reilly had a DUI charged which was dropped and Big Buff had the boating under influence charged dropped 5 years ago, so those two even out I suppose.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
while i doubt toronto wants anything to do with kane, if toronto declined that trade lou would be fired immediately.

clear the cap and gain the significantly better player who can actually still play decent hockey.

imapylon

Mar 6, 2016
To Toronto

Evander Kane

To Buffalo

Stephane Robidas (expiring contract)

Jared Cowen (expiring contract)

Kasperi Kapanen

3rd round pick

I agree...but no from both sides. If Kane straightens out his upside is still high.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
You could say that no one in Buffalo taking issue with Kane acting like a jackass off the ice is an example of poor leadership. He had a problem with the locker room in Winnipeg because the leaders of the Jets stepped in to try and set him straight.

And you know that didn't happen in Buffalo because?

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
The risk reward is there for Toronto but not Buffalo. Buffalo does not need 3 more contracts who cannot play for the Sabres. They do need what Kane can do for them on the ice. That said his off ice incidents could mean he cannot play--that is a risk the Sabres will take rather than what this trade would bring. For Toronto--a top six wing who skates very well, is tough as nails, forechecks, hits, and scores 20 plus goals--if his issues permit him to play--all for the price of a prospect who will likely never be more than a tweener and a third round pick.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Babock and co. only want professionals whom act accordingly to the highest standard set - this has been reiterated several times.

I don't think it'd be wrong to suggest that Kane falls rather short of this standard based on his historical actions.

sabres_phan

Feb 14, 2005
You've got to be kidding, Wheeler alone swings this mightily in the Jets favour, no question.

I mean one O'Reilly had a DUI charged which was dropped and Big Buff had the boating under influence charged dropped 5 years ago, so those two even out I suppose.
Because leadership can, of course, be easily quantified by how many incidents one gets into off the ice. Solid formula, bro.

FamilyGuy716

Jun 15, 2011
Amherst NY
I think Kane it untradeable right now. We just need to keep him (if he plays at all) and hope he turns it around. I also think he needs to go into counseling and rehab for his issues or he might end up in jail for a long time

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I have a proposal: Stop making Evander Kane proposals. Hands down the ugliest threads on this site. All around. Everybody ends up looking bad here.

ItRisesFromTheWaves

Jun 14, 2010
A lack of leadership can easily be correlated with a lack of respect for the law and other people

A naive and simplistic point of view on the subject.

Either too young to get it or too old to remember what being young is like.

A mistake does not make you a poor leader, especially when it has nothing to do with where your skill set and leadership lies. Everyone makes mistakes and the only people condemning ROR seem to be those like yourself.

These are human beings, stop putting them on a pedestal. You should also watch that first step off your high horse...

On topic: Kane has more value than is expressed by some in here but not enough to warrant trading him unless management is truly fed up and just want him gone. Hilarious to believe Toronto's golden children would be negatively impacted by him in any significant way (unless they were already going to have those types of issues to begin with), but I doubt he would fit in well with their management based on what has been expressed.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Until Kane has proven that he's cleaned up his act I really don't see a point in making proposals involving Kane unless for some odd reason the majority of a fanbase other than Buffalo actually wants him in their line-up.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I think Kane it untradeable right now. We just need to keep him (if he plays at all) and hope he turns it around. I also think he needs to go into counseling and rehab for his issues or he might end up in jail for a long time

Only way that works is if the team cares enough to bench him and have him go to get help while he's out of the game.

He's a very useful player on the ice and Buffalo is trying to get better so I don't see them making this decision.

Bogo is often hurt and they gave up a ton of assets to get the two of them. They need something to show for that trade.

kyle o connor

enjoying first line highlife
Apr 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
A naive and simplistic point of view on the subject.

Either too young to get it or too old to remember what being young is like.

A mistake does not make you a poor leader, especially when it has nothing to do with where your skill set and leadership lies. Everyone makes mistakes and the only people condemning ROR seem to be those like yourself.

These are human beings, stop putting them on a pedestal. You should also watch that first step off your high horse...

On topic: Kane has more value than is expressed by some in here but not enough to warrant trading him unless management is truly fed up and just want him gone. Hilarious to believe Toronto's golden children would be negatively impacted by him in any significant way (unless they were already going to have those types of issues to begin with), but I doubt he would fit in well with their management based on what has been expressed.

It's not being on a high horse to condemn someone for driving into a Tim Hortons wasted... My dad had a DUI when I was younger so I know how easy it is to make one bad choice. If O'Reilly/Kane can't handle being in the spotlight without showing glaring lapses in character, then they should probably just pack up and apply at their hometown sanitation department. These guys are highly compensated individuals and have no legitimate excuses for their behavior.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Here's a fact:

If Kane didn't have off ice issues, there would be no problem. The fact that his issues "could" have a negative impact is enough for me to pass. Hockey isn't football, and even NFL teams are shipping out problem children now.

Football teams have always cut guys that mess up. Always.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Football teams have always cut guys that mess up. Always.

You can get cut from an NFL roster a year after having an all star season. The teams don't give a crap, if they don't like what they see in training camp you're gone. Way easier to get rid of headaches in the NFL though with how the salaries are structured.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
And you know that didn't happen in Buffalo because?

I was responding to the guy who said there has been no problems with teammates in Buffalo, so go ask that guy this question. It was his assertion that there was no lockerroom dissent in Buffalo, not mine. I have no idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->