GWT: Europa League - Knockout Playoffs and Knockout Rounds

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
.....what?

I didn't say they were related to Arsenal. I said that Phil Jones was somehow gonna come back to screw us over because he always felt like one of those players who just played very well whenever he played Arsenal. With Varane and Martinez out, I was joking because Phil Jones is still in the squad and there aren't many other CBs.
He's actually not. But how would Phil Jones screw over Arsenal when United and Arsenal have already met twice this season?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
ETH said he's spoken with Martinez and it is not Achilles. On the replays it looked like his right ankle twisted, so possible ligaments?

It almost looked like he was confused at first. He took that step, went down, and almost looked at his foot like “wtf was that”

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Hence the somehow and it being a joke. Congratulations you figured out basic humor
tonnin-seteli-pokerface.gif

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Europa League Sevilla is truly a different beast
They had a good end to the 2nd half but overall they had a lot of breaks go their way. They’re somewhat fortunate to be tied and fortunately for them United will likely be missing their 4 best players in the 2nd leg.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
They had a good end to the 2nd half but overall they had a lot of breaks go their way. They’re somewhat fortunate to be tied and fortunately for them United will likely be missing their 4 best players in the 2nd leg.
They've been somewhat fortunate in all their EL wins, and I'd argue that in a 2-game elimination tournament fortune plays a big part.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Success for United today will be no injuries.

Obviously advancing should be the goal, but if they advance and lose someone even moderately important to an injury I'll be far more upset than if they stay healthy and don't advance.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hlozek getting the start over Adli. I think that'll help if other union's organization swallows all of the space again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad